New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5] Help optimizing a Hellbred Binder 14

Hey all, I'm looking for help with optimizing a build. At the moment, it's for use as an NPC, but if I like the concept enough I might use the build for a future PC I run.

Stiplulations are this: race (Hellbred with Body aspect) and class are non-negotiable (the only possible change to class would be a PrC that advances binding, but no other multiclassing or dipping is allowed). The less books involved, the better. Ideally, it would just be PHB, ToM and FC2, plus MIC for gear. Strictly no psionics, incarnum or ToB. Beginning stats would be elite array (8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15), and current character level is 14.

My aim for this build is to be a consummate Binder, and to make the most of his Devil Touched feats.

Here's my preliminary build:

Code:
    Hellbred Binder 14

STR	13
    DEX	10
    CON	16
    INT	12
    WIS	8
    CHA	16

1	Devil's Tongue	
    B	Devil's Favor	
    3	Devil's Flesh
    B	Devil's Stamina
    B	Improved Binding
    6	Expel Vestige	
    9	Ignore Special Requirements
    B	Rapid Pact Making	
    12	Skilled Pact Making
    B	Devil's Aura	

- Bluff			5
    - Diplomacy		17
    - Gather Information	5
    - Intimidate		7
    - Sense Motive		17

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: [3.5] Help optimizing a Hellbred Binder 14

Have you checked here yet?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

CharOp tends to assume EVERYTHING is on the table, which makes it a little difficult to use when you're restricted to a handful of sources. Especially when you have to cross-reference everything with a Crystalkeep index to see where it came from.

Unfortunately I've never played anything out of ToM, so I cannot help you. I hear good things about Anima Mage, though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Anima Mage is ridiculously good - just like any other class with full wizard casting and metamagic reducers.

But if you dislike a fine brie, Knight of the Sacred Seal is perhaps the best "pure" binding PrC. Pick Savnok as your patron and you'll be an excellent tank.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: [3.5] Help optimizing a Hellbred Binder 14

Cool, KotSS...might go into it after the bonus feat at level 11...that way the only thing I miss out on is resistance to energy drain. I'll post up my new build when I'm back at my books. BTW, I know how kick@$$ Anima Mage is, but that's not what I'm looking for in this build.

The next thing to consider is equipment. Anything from PHB, DMG and MIC is fair game.

[edit]Plus the Binding magic items from the ToM, onviously.[/edit]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    The next thing to consider is equipment. Anything from PHB, DMG and MIC is fair game.
    The only thing that really jumps out at me is the Veil of Allure (MIC p. 145). 14k gp, +2 to most/all of your Binder Save DCs.

Mostly, you just want to pick a lot of the good items that almost everybody can use ... Tome of Worldly Memory, Rod of Viscid Globs, Steadfast Boots ...
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draz74 View Post
    The only thing that really jumps out at me is the Veil of Allure (MIC p. 145). 14k gp, +2 to most/all of your Binder Save DCs.
    Nice catch. But I'm getting a hilarious mental picture...a big, burly fiendish guy in an "I Dream of Jeanie" pink veil!