New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Character Tester

Not exactly a good title, but for lack of a better term, it'll do. Is there a website that will help me test out a character build OR that has pregenerated creatures that it can simulate a fight with so I can test feats and abilities? Or is this something I'll need to do totally pen and paper? I'm just trying to figure out my 1 on 1 capabilites, but if I know what I'm going to do, it'll be too much like I have precognition or divination or something in to regards to how I and the NPC would act.
    The Super Special Awesome Yiuel made my very manly Avatar
    The Great Steam Golem, Blitzcrank!

He really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.

2. - Top - End - #2

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Character Tester

Actually, if you post a thread on this forum's play by post section, you would probably find someone willing to run a 1v1 with you.
    My girlfriend(non-gamer) after watching me play an RPG on the Xbox: "So, you're just killing people and taking their stuff?"
    Me-.....Right!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    "You weak minded fools! If you had the strength of will to look past his illusionary fire, you would see that - OH GOD, IT BURNS! IT BURNS EVEN HOTTER THAN THE REAL THING!"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

If you ask around in the Test of Spite thread, you can generally find someone to fight you (especially if your character happens to be 13th level).

4. - Top - End - #4

AH, didn't even think about that really...it'll be a while until I'm 13th level, but I'm sure they might scale back some or throw out an old lowerlevel character.
    The Super Special Awesome Yiuel made my very manly Avatar
    The Great Steam Golem, Blitzcrank!

He really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.

5. - Top - End - #5

OrcBarbarianGuy

There are some other low level pbps like arena and endless dungeon

If you just want to put your character against a couple wolves you could probably find a pbp for that or make a simple program

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

MapTool can do this ... if you program it enough. That's more work than running it via pencil and paper, though.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

7. - Top - End - #7

MonkGirl

Is anyone set map tools up to default to do that so others can download that? I would like to be able to do that but i cant use map tools that well haha (working on that though)