New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Recaiden's Resplendent and Rotating Realistic Random Banter #136

Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    On the subject of Christmas Break, I got 10 weeks in my hometown And nobody went to the last week cause it was a crap.
    I hate you a little bit for this. I'm back at my unending research after all of two weeks off, some of which I still did work in. Ten weeks off would be bliss. I'd sell my soul and possibly the souls of people I know for ten weeks where I didn't have to think about law and the intricacies of qualitative research.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    I've messed around with the audio card on this computer, enabling a kind of permanent reverb. I tweaked it to be more subtle than is the default, and it makes listening to music exciting. Especially with big band jazzy stuff with lots of volume variance.
    Who else he besides Randman and myself uses Grooveshark? Ain't it just AWESOME?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Quick question.

Does it still count as an all nighter if last "night" you slept from 9 am to 4 pm? Because it's not like I've been awake forever.
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Who else he besides Randman and myself uses Grooveshark? Ain't it just AWESOME?
    Well, It was Mr. Mud that showed it to me...

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    Quick question.

Does it still count as an all nighter if last "night" you slept from 9 am to 4 pm? Because it's not like I've been awake forever.
    All nighters only count if you've not the slept that evening and morning. From 6 PM to noon. >.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Firbolg in the Playground

Silly GCSE IT curriculum. I'm currently reverse engineering a Spreadsheet I made ages ago into a design on Paint. Whoopee doo, give me an A* please! I can use Paint!
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Well, now that you're mostly out of the house, it's time for #6, right? Wouldn't want the home to start feeling empty!
    Maybe not. My parents are 41 - hardly old - but they are DONE having kids.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    No. No no no no no. No. Wrong. Bad. Badong.

Should I be given my deepest desire it would be to spend every day as carefree as I spend these. What do I care for assignments or responsibilities when I can look at the pale, gloomy, blue-tinted sky through windows slanted with parallel trails of water droplets?

Play and sleep and live fancifully, that's the way to do it.

I suppose I might want to go back to uni more if it didn't mean enduring another three hellish months of complete and total isolation and struggling with work I have no motivation for.
    But I have friends at college, and I'm interested in what I study there. The only downside of college is that I can't see my best friend. I'm willing to sacrifice that, and only communicate with him via phone and email, in order to go to college for a few months.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #279
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

^: I still say kidnap him, tie him up, and make him yours for all eternity through the ancient blood rituals of the Malkior people.

So, while I wasn't full-cavity searched for having a beard while traveling through everything yesterday, I did have to contend with the oddest two year old. Or mentally stunted three year old. It's hard to tell when you don't know kids sometimes. It looked somewhere inbetween those two size-classes though.

Like clockwork or something, it seemed to shriek out every 10 minutes, with louder and longer shrieking periods on the hour and half hour.

What's worse, the mom looked like a blend of my ex and this one girl I had a thing for freshman year. Only, y'know, aged to somewhere in the mid-to-high 20s.

That was weird. I felt dirty just being near her. Or possibly for just making that mental connection of this very probably being what they'd look like in 5 years.

Deary: At least not without grossly risking the kids' developmental well-being. Or without you knowing far too much about your mom's biochemistry.

...Are those... on your... !?

ION: Portland gives me an upset tummy.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-01-04 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #280

Well, I have two weeks of a six week holiday before I go back to university. I only started my holiday work properly on Sunday. I'm not entirely sure whether that was one or two days ago, but I got a whole third of my extract done.
    I think tomorrow I should finish the rest, and then turn it into a proper translation.
    I mean:
    "Went/advanced/trudged then warriors/cannibals/Vikings/wolves of slaughter __ (for/because of/before water not/nor mourned/cared about)
    Vikings band/troop/company/throng/host/multitude/army/legion __ west over/after
    Pantan"
    is hardly poetic.

And I'm not sure if I've moaned about this, but it bleedin' well deserves another moan anyway!
    'se' can mean one of six or so pronouns as well as several definite articles such as 'that', 'which' and 'who'.
    'ţćt' can mean 'that', but it can also say in the dictionay: 'see se'.
    'sēo' is also another 'see se'.
    The Anglo-Saxons really knew how to make a word work for its place in the vocabulary. You can see why certain words make heads asplode.

So after poetically writing my translation I have an essay to do. And still, I'm bored easily. I've been watching lots of films, including the ones the Siblings got. Including Igor.
    It's . . . a mix of wallbangers, broken aesops and surprisingly disturbing moments. Oh, and John Cleese.
    Disturbing moments such as a man getting blown up, a depressed character who repeatedly (and technically) commits suicide (he can't really, he's indestructible/immortal) or self-harms onscreen. Sure, it's only a bunny, and he's a construct, but dwell on it: hurting oneself in severe, crippling ways is treated as a comedic running gag.
    For kids!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Deary: At least not without grossly risking the kids' developmental well-being. Or without you knowing far too much about your mom's biochemistry.

...Are those... on your... !?
    Well . . . my brothers don't think much about that sort of thing but due to me being the 18-year-old daughter who may someday soon need to, my mum is fairly open. Not, like, specifically. I REALLY don't want to know. XD But it's still POSSIBLE. (I would love another baby sibling, as would all my brothers - the youngest in particular, who about three months ago was found in tears because it had come up in conversation that Mum wasn't having any more children and he wants to be a big brother - but I would not love the stress it would put on my poor mother. She thought she was done having kids at 34 and then had another, and I'm fairly certain she was miserable for the first two years of his life. Though she's glad she had him, it was very unplanned.)
    Koorli: You have SCHOOLWORK over winter break?

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Well, I have two weeks of a six week holiday before I go back to university.
    Grumble grumble back for revision lectures already grumble.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Hardly anyone's on fire this week. Disappointing.

Also, I should be going to class about right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Koorli: You have SCHOOLWORK over winter break?
    Yes, and it's awesome, if occasionally worthy of me groaning with frustration and giving up on my translation. That's why I stopped at ten lines the other day, that and Littlest Brother was Bored! which meant I was distracted sideways and leftways for several hours at which point I just gave up full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Grumble grumble back for revision lectures already grumble.
    Sneh sneh sneh.
    Then again, you have lectures to help you revise. We get to revise over the holiday (aka: not revise until the day before we go back) and then sit three hours of exams.
    Ah, who cares.
    HAHA! You're back at uuuuuuuuuuuni. You're back at uuuuuuuuuuni.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Also, I should be going to class about right now.
    Dude, you know what I say? I say, "forget class!"
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'm sure there's a reason I haven't read Dinosaur Comics yet.

Also, A Midsummer Night's Dream is quite good.

I'm going to keep up this two unrelated topics thing as long as it takes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287

You may have a reason for not reading it. But I doubt it's a good one, as Dinosaurs are awesome.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

18. - Top - End - #288

These two unrelated topics, not this.

And I agree, A Midsummer Night's Dream is quite good.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    These two unrelated topics, not this.

Also, I want to bake something but the house is full of calorically packed baked goods that I have made already and I don't want to be murdered. For making delicious things. Maybe I should send stuff around to the neighbors again . . . give me an excuse to bake . . .

20. - Top - End - #290

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

Also, I want to bake something but the house is full of calorically packed baked goods that I have made already and I don't want to be murdered. For making delicious things. Maybe I should send stuff around to the neighbors again . . . give me an excuse to bake . . .
    *notices the "thing*

Damnit!
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

21. - Top - End - #291

What the crap?! I hate the dryer we have. Not only does it bend up the hooks on my bra so that they can't be worn, but it just broke the zipper of my brand new sweatshirt.

This week just keeps getting worse and worse, and it's only Monday.

22. - Top - End - #292

Never met a washer/dryer set that I didn't want to take a 10 pound sledge too...evil machines, really. Keep eating my damn socks.

I think the current washer can sense my animus, keeps trying to run away whenever we try to use it...

23. - Top - End - #293
    Banned

The colder I get, the more appealing Dragonrider's avatar's new shawl looks. Shawls, capelets, and the like would push me even further into crazy lady attire, but I'm up to three layers on the torso and this chill is just not abating.

Slayer Draco, first, grab a pair of pliers and bend the hooks back to where they were, then bend then further shut at the ends (i.e. not parallel) so the hook-and-eyes don't separate while they're in the wash. I am assuming you close all closures before loading the washer. I'm told you can touch up the flaking coatings with nail polish, but that strikes me as a detail taken too far for underwear unless you wanted visible hardware in the first place.

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    The colder I get, the more appealing Dragonrider's avatar's new shawl looks. Shawls, capelets, and the like would push me even further into crazy lady attire, but I'm up to three layers on the torso and this chill is just not abating.

Slayer Draco, first, grab a pair of pliers and bend the hooks back to where they were, then bend then further shut at the ends (i.e. not parallel) so the hook-and-eyes don't separate while they're in the wash. I am assuming you close all closures before loading the washer. I'm told you can touch up the flaking coatings with nail polish, but that strikes me as a detail taken too far for underwear unless you wanted visible hardware in the first place.
    When I say broken, I mean that the slider is completely off of the sweatshirt. The stupid dryer ripped off the part that keeps the slider on the zipper, so now it can't be zipped at all.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

...Not sure if this is showing how lazy the American school system is, or if you will all be equally surprised, but...here's what a 2nd grader has to do in school these days.

(3:30:05 PM): Let's me say it like this.
    (3:30:25 PM): Lauren is in 2nd grade.
    (3:30:42 PM): Lauren gets 15 minutes of playtime, and that's it.
    (3:31:15 PM): Lauren is learning how to do negative numbers and simple alegabra.
    (3:31:28 PM): I didn't learn s*** about that crap until 6th grade.
    (3:32:05 PM): She has to read 2 books each night, and write what she read. She has math homework, too. And science.
    (3:32:14 PM): She spends 3 hours of the day doing homework.

I dunno...I mean, it's good that we're getting more and more information into children's brains at a young age...but whatever happened to the importance of art, creativity, and childhood?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ...Not sure if this is showing how lazy the American school system is, or if you will all be equally surprised, but...here's what a 2nd grader has to do in school these days.

(3:30:05 PM): Let's me say it like this.
    (3:30:25 PM): Lauren is in 2nd grade.
    (3:30:42 PM): Lauren gets 15 minutes of playtime, and that's it.
    (3:31:15 PM): Lauren is learning how to do negative numbers and simple alegabra.
    (3:31:28 PM): I didn't learn s*** about that crap until 6th grade.
    (3:32:05 PM): She has to read 2 books each night, and write what she read. She has math homework, too. And science.
    (3:32:14 PM): She spends 3 hours of the day doing homework.

I dunno...I mean, it's good that we're getting more and more information into children's brains at a young age...but whatever happened to the importance of art, creativity, and childhood?
    I think they got kicked out the window.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

I think they got kicked out the window.
    D:< Defenestration. The most awesomely-named yet most embarrassing way to be defeated.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    D:< Defenestration. The most awesomely-named yet most embarrassing way to be defeated.
    I don't know, nephrectomization and vitrification are also pretty bad.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2010-01-04 at 03:42 PM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #299

...nephrectomimization...
    Part of me wants to know...but the other part of me knows I'll regret it...

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Part of me wants to know...but the other part of me knows I'll regret it...
    To nephrectomize someone means to cut out their kidney. I hear Belkar is quite good at it.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas