New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Recaiden's Resplendent and Rotating Realistic Random Banter #136

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Heh, the exact thing happens to me. I once even did the reverse, and thought that I was you. I looked at a thread and thought to myself "Oh, Dragonrider posted." Then I checked, and saw it was me.
    Heh. I hate opening a thread and seeing I'm the last post. And I think I've done that with you, come to think of it . . . .

Curse us!

DeePree...

I kinda hope that catches on.
    I'm really slow. I stared at DeePree for AGES before I figured out that no, it wasn't a reference to some obscure person I've never heard of, it's Dragonprime.

Edit: also, I made a buttload of scones today. Eight chocolate chip, eight citrus, and eight citrus-with-cranberries. I had one choc chip and half of a c-with-c. They were amazingly delicious considering I did it without a recipe.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2010-01-02 at 06:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

My first thought was that DeePree was just DeeRee with a typo in it.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    I'd like to officially announce the release of Itous' and my webcomic The Vengeful Blood Alliance at http://www.vengefulbloodalliance.co.uk/
    Okay, your art style might be a little too close.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    My first thought was that DeePree was just DeeRee with a typo in it.
    If it had've been a typo, you'd have seen a little "Last Edited By: Dogmantra at: SOME TIME REALLY SOON AFTER HE POSTED" and "DeeRee" in the actual post. I hate making typos.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    If it had've been a typo, you'd have seen a little "Last Edited By: Dogmantra at: SOME TIME REALLY SOON AFTER HE POSTED" and "DeeRee" in the actual post. I hate making typos.
    The last story I posted in the Shipping thread I edited again this morning because I found several typos. After quite a few people had posted. I didn't care; I needed to fix it. NEEDED.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    The last story I posted in the Shipping thread I edited again this morning because I found several typos. After quite a few people had posted. I didn't care; I needed to fix it. NEEDED.
    I've been known to do that when rereading my fics, several new threads having gone by since I wrote them.

I also correct other people's typos when quoting them in my posts.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post

I also correct other people's typos when quoting them in my posts.
    I do that too. It bothers me if I don't.

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Heh. I hate opening a thread and seeing I'm the last post. And I think I've done that with you, come to think of it . . . .

Curse us!
    It could be worse. We could both be of the same gender, and have similar avatars. That would make this complete hell. At least you can tell who someone is referring to if they say "he" or "she". And that steak is rather different from your avvie.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    My name is really common in my generation (apparently it was really popular for parents to use around 1995) , so I get called by my last name sometimes. Especially in school, when there's at least 3 or 4 other people that have the same name as me in the room. and one of my closest friend's name is really common too, but so is her middle and last name.
    Same here. Regardless of how many times I introduce myself as "Mike", almost no one remembers to call me by it. Most everyone uses my last name, and a couple people, my full name. Not that I mind, but...

...the hazards of a common name, eh? *huggles* =)
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

If it had've been a typo... I hate making typos.

What's "had've" a contraction of?
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Same here. Regardless of how many times I introduce myself as "Mike", almost no one remembers to call me by it. Most everyone uses my last name, and a couple people, my full name. Not that I mind, but...

Happens to me, although I have a very distinctive last name that always end up as a nickname. That name is....

Biedrzycki

So yeah, various mispronunciations of it are the name people use for me. Berjitski, Berninski, Berdrooski, and many others are what I get called by. It's rather annoying.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post

heh, yeah. *huggles*

anyways, I'm about to go insane. my great grandma came down from New York and has been staying at my house for the past week. I know I should be tolerant since she's 87 years old and hardly speaks any english (she speaks Sicilian, and my family is made up of either Northern Italians of Sicilians), but she's driving me crazy. she's completely taken over my bathroom and now it smells like old perfume, she wanders around the house looking for things that she left somewhere, and moves stuff around. and due to my partial obsessive need to keep things in spots where I left them, it annoys me to know end when stuff "magically" disappears. Normally she stays with my Aunt, but even she got fed up with dealing with her. on top of all this I have Exams to study for, and All-District Band Auditions next Saturday, and a whole bunch of other stressful things going on and just.... ughhhh...

12. - Top - End - #162

heh, yeah. *huggles*

anyways, I'm about to go insane. my great grandma came down from New York and has been staying at my house for the past week. I know I should be tolerant since she's 87 years old and hardly speaks any english (she speaks Sicilian, and my family is made up of either Northern Italians of Sicilians), but she's driving me crazy. she's completely taken over my bathroom and now it smells like old perfume, she wanders around the house looking for things that she left somewhere, and moves stuff around. and due to my partial obsessive need to keep things in spots where I left them, it annoys me to know end when stuff "magically" disappears. Normally she stays with my Aunt, but even she got fed up with dealing with her. on top of all this I have Exams to study for, and All-District Band Auditions next Saturday, and a whole bunch of other stressful things going on and just.... ughhhh...
    I recommend getting out of the house. Study at the library. It's quite there, and has far less old Sicilian women.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

13. - Top - End - #163

What's "had've" a contraction of?
    "Had have". Not that common.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

I recommend getting out of the house. Study at the library. It's quite there, and has far less old Sicilian women.
    Good plan, but I'm stuck in the house due to the inability to drive. =P and my grandparents dont plan on leaving the house and I have to cook for tomorrow's family dinner thing with my aunt and cousins. Oh well. i'll just hide away in my room for the next few days until she's gone.

is it bad that even the presence of really old people annoys the hell out of me?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Banned

Flee. Flee now. In my family, the men from that branch outlived their wives, but I still have those nebulous terrors in my memory. . .Flee, or put out olives in a dish, although that may only have worked along with the power of Cute Toddler Chasing an Olive Around the Round Dish. . .but the principle of "you won't win" is fully in effect here.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

"Had have". Not that common.
    Backed up by some random grammar website, I can tell you that this is improper. The 've' is completely superfluous afterall.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-01-02 at 07:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Backed up by some random grammar website, I can tell you that this is improper. The 've' is completely superfluous afterall.
    Hmmm... I understand that "if it had been" is correct, I also understand that "had have been" is acceptable, if technically wrong or redundant. For stylistic choices, I CHOOSE YOU, PIKACHU LATTER OPTION!

Besides, I'm an aspiring writer. It's kind of my job to ignore the rules.
    BANG → !

18. - Top - End - #168

Good plan, but I'm stuck in the house due to the inability to drive. =P and my grandparents dont plan on leaving the house and I have to cook for tomorrow's family dinner thing with my aunt and cousins. Oh well. i'll just hide away in my room for the next few days until she's gone.

is it bad that even the presence of really old people annoys the hell out of me?
    Can't drive? Trapped in your house? Kung-fu your way out of the house! Kick, punch, and smack everything in your path, such as traffic laws and old people.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Can't drive? Trapped in your house? Kung-fu your way out of the house! Kick, punch, and smack everything in your path, such as traffic laws and old people.
    you give very wise advice.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh, the wonders of the BBQ Bacon Cheese Burger. It has a habit of putting me in a slightly better mood than usual, which is what I needed today.

Hm. I wonder how I should entertain myself for the next few hours before bed.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground

I saw ads for 'Booty Pop Panties' yesterday. What has science done?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

It's kind of my job to ignore the rules.
    And yet you want me to automatically assume that anything you write is completely free from typos.
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    We should be afraid, shouldn't we?

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    What on earth are those?

you give very wise advice.
    Thank you. Now get to that fighting! Those old ladies won't injure themselves.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

25. - Top - End - #175

If you need me, I'll be in the Multiplayer Room on Lexulous. I feel like playin' a good game of Scrabble.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, hold on, is this feud thing still on, or did we finish that?

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    If you need me, I'll be in the Multiplayer Room on Lexulous. I feel like playin' a good game of Scrabble.
    I shall be there soon. Although I am mildly inebriated, so I may not provide much of a challenge.

edt: That's weird, clicking on the multiplayer room just makes my computer beep. It seems I can't enter it.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2010-01-02 at 08:39 PM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Wait, hold on, is this feud thing still on, or did we finish that?
    I don't remember. You can keep going if you like. Just don't expect much retaliation.

29. - Top - End - #179

And yet you want me to automatically assume that anything you write is completely free from typos.
    Yes!
    See, it's not a typo if it's intentional.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-01-02 at 08:47 PM.
    BANG → !

30. - Top - End - #180

Yes!
    See, it's not a typo if it's intentional.
    Oh. In that case it's just bad spelling.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas