New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Gametable

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Gametable

I recently found a program called Gametable, it's freeware and I haven't found any viruses in it yet, that creates a digital grid table so you can either playtest or play out online table games.

Has anyone used this or is using this that can tell me more about setting it up or short cuts to maps and such?
    The Super Special Awesome Yiuel made my very manly Avatar
    The Great Steam Golem, Blitzcrank!

He really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gametable

It's pretty good. I personally like Maptool (also free) better. I also use OpenRPG, although it is abandonware now, and has gotten rather eccentric in its old age.
    How to Play Rogues Properly:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like this:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Gametable

Quote Originally Posted by Rasman View Post
    I recently found a program called Gametable, it's freeware and I haven't found any viruses in it yet, that creates a digital grid table so you can either playtest or play out online table games.

Has anyone used this or is using this that can tell me more about setting it up or short cuts to maps and such?
    Gametable is good. Unlike OpenRPG, it actually works, and it's simple and easy to use both for players and DMs. It basically gives you just what you need to play and doesn't burden you with much more than that. Of course, the flipside of this is that it gives you only what you need to play.

Maptool is the other end of the spectrum. It has more bells and whistles than a police convention in a cathedral, but it's easy to try to do too much and get overwhelmed.

OpenRPG sucks. It wasn't that great even when it was being supported, and now that it's been abandoned...yeah. Stick with Gametable or Maptool.
    Last edited by Artanis; 2010-01-06 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!