Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default A Warrior Robbed of Everything

You wake up in your mother's arms in the middle of a field. As you try to get her to wake up, you realize that she's not breathing, and she doesn't have a pulse. You can see the shadows of the people that killed her walking away, but there's nothing you can do; you're just a baby.

So, you stay with your mother's corpse for weeks, crying over her. Your skin changes colors, to a sickly orange shade from rolling around in the dirt throwing a fit. Eventually, when your mother has deteriorated enough, you yank out the top of her skull in a blind fury, and put it on your head to remember her. Then you take out one of her bones, and fashion it into your weapon, vowing revenge on the people that killed her.

So you venture out into the wild, living off of the land and the furious rage that dwells inside of you. You bash in your enemies heads with your mother's bone, and by headbutting them with her skull.

Eventually, you encounter a warrior who is being controlled by some sort of manipulator that fights from behind him. The battle is long, and close, but this warrior brings you to the point where you are barely conscious, and the last thing you can see before you black out is the manipulator stepping up to you.

When you wake up, the manipulator is standing there in front of you, smiling and tending to your wounds with some sort of medicine. He welcomes you, and explains that your ferocity in combat has earned you a place on his team.

Over time, this person trains you to channel your anger in battle, and you can feel yourself becoming more powerful each and every time you fight by their side. You learn new techniques, hit harder with your old ones, and become close friends with the other members of your team, even the one that first defeated you.

Then something drastic happens. You defeat an enemy, and white light begins to swirl around you. You can feel a great change begin in you. The white light consumes you, and leaves you taller and stronger. Your bone-club has been polished into a weapon as hard as diamond, and your mother's skulll has fused to yours. You can hear her voice ringing in your ears. She is proud of you, and knows that many battles have yet to be won. You go forward to fight in her name.

And THAT is why Cubone and Marowak should be twice as powerful as they are currently portrayed in Pokemon. I mean c'mon. You're gonna give them THIS good of a backstory and then jip them on stats?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Warrior Robbed of Everything

Good show. If a bit grim.
    Seriously, I had a lot of fun reading that
    "What can change the nature of a man?"
    __
    Guybrush Threepwood avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #3

PirateCaptain

I'm really glad you liked it. :)

And I mean it's Cubone! Hahaha. Course it's grim.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bones For The Bone Thron !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoryu View Post
    I swear, about 50% of what makes BW awesome is the little stuff like that that's applicable to just about any system.

5. - Top - End - #5

PirateCaptain

Hahaha, hey Siegal good to see ya.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, that was awesome!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Yes, Cubone gets the short end of the stick.

It sucks because they look so awesome.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

8. - Top - End - #8

PirateCaptain

Heh, thanks guys.

Actually, I posted this on FaceBook, and my friends who play WAY too much Pokemon said they're amazing in Gold and Silver, because of an item called "Thick Club", it doubles their attack.