New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Tortle power! , build idea could use input (rarely play clerics)

Race : Tortle
    alignment : deity dependant
    domains: trickery (mostly for Timestop) and travel (mostly for fly)

STATS (32 pts buy)

STR 14
    DEX 6
    CON 18
    INT 14
    WIS 18
    CHA 6

perks

nearly full cleric spellcasting with a minor delay

you get all the bardic music abilities, I'd stick to buffing music/inspiration though: you lack proper DC checks without actual bard levels and Charisma

your dex is abismal but with a buff spell and a proper heavy armor it shouldn't be much of a problem

being a tortle really limits your movement so I took the travel domain to get ways around that

compared to a bard you're less of a skillmonkey (but thats the rogue's job anyway) but a lot tougher and with better spellls

1 Bard insightful reflexes
    2 Cleric
    3 Cleric Sacred Performer
    4 Cleric
    5 Cleric
    6 Cleric Divine Inspiration
    7 Cleric
    8 Cleric
    9 Cleric song of the heart
    10 Cleric
    11 Cleric
    12 Cleric ?
    13 Cleric
    14 Cleric
    15 Cleric ?
    16 Cleric
    17 Cleric
    18 Cleric ?
    19 Cleric
    20 Cleric

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tortle power! , build idea could use input (rarely play clerics)

Where are Scared Performer and Divine Inspiration from?

Also, I'm assuming you have a high CHA which means plenty of turning uses. Have you considered some Divine Feats to fill those ?'s?
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2010-01-10 at 10:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

you can find all the feats and the race I'm talking about here http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php

and no my charisma is abysmal

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

aww, and I thought you were gonna make him a ninja...
    I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!

the glass is always 100% full. Approximately 50% of its volume is full of dihydrogen monoxide and some dissolved solutes, and approx 50% a mixture of gasses known as "air" which contains roughly (by volume) 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soranar View Post
    you can find all the feats and the race I'm talking about here http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php

and no my charisma is abysmal
    Sorry...I should have read the first post more carefully.

Well...I checked that list you linked to and noticed something called Focused Performance that, among other things, lets you burn three uses of Bardic Music to use two effects at once. Maybe one of your higher level feats can use that to give Inspire Courage AND Inspire Greatness for your party.

Then again, it requires to succeed on a DC 20 + (Perform Ranks required for said music) or the uses are wasted. Maybe at higher levels where you have enough ranks.

Since you have Bardic Music to take care of buffing, maybe you could free up your spell slots to do a little blasting. Take Maximize Spell and Metamagic Song.

Then again, I hear blasting is subpar, even with Wizards who are built for blasting (but that's what I would do).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    aww, and I thought you were gonna make him a ninja...
    I guess that only goes for mutant tortles.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sacred performer appears to just grant more uses per day, not actually grant the higher-level bardic music abilities. There are no easy ways to advance all aspects of bardic music without actually being a bard as far as I know (and I think this is as it should be). Some PrCs do, but they generally have pretty steep requirements or make you give up something else.
    Last edited by Aldizog; 2010-01-11 at 06:46 PM.