New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default New Vlad Taltos book out now

Iorich apparently got released last week while I wasn't paying attention. SKZB's blog has been filled with so much discussion of The Wealth of Nations (which he's reading) that his non-mention of the book being released got buried. Consider this a PSA to the other Vlad fans out there. Now I just need to get to a book store.
    Take your best shot, everyone else does.
    Avatar by Guildorn Tanaleth. See other avatars below.

Spoiler
    Show
    My original avatar and much better ones by groundhog22 and a Winter Olympics one by Rae Artemi.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: New Vlad Taltos book out now

Heh. I only have 7 Taltos books (actually 3 "Book of", two of which have two books each, and one has three), which I got discounted because Brust was visiting Israel at the time. I also forgot to get them signed.
    But I'm planning on getting the rest.
    Does anyone else agree with my assessment that Taltos is a lot like Drizz't in that it's pure fun in a book, but better written?
    Last edited by pita; 2010-01-11 at 02:43 PM.
    Ceika is a beautiful, wonderful person. The avatar was made by his/her great talent, and depending on his/her sex and sexuality, I either have a giant crush or a totally appropriate liking for him/her.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I haven't read any Drizzt books, so I can't comment on similarities. However, if there's one author I read for the pure entertainment value I get out of them, it's Brust.

Spoiler
    Show
    My original avatar and much better ones by groundhog22 and a Winter Olympics one by Rae Artemi.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

What? Why was I not informed!?

I have to agree on Brust being some of the most fun I've had reading. I don't know many other authors that could keep me interested in a series planned to go nineteen books.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

I can't wait to read it. I always love the inventive ways he comes up with to make the books unique.
    Melusine-esque Avatar made by the awesome Akrim.elf!
    Genderbender Week Yuan-ti Avatar by Bisected8.

Xe/xyr are my favourite pronouns, so feel free to refer to me as such instead of she/her.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

It's great, as expected. But Iorich don't feature as prominently as you'd expect from a book that has their name. Then again, being the house of lawyers and judges it's not really surprising they don't get the spotlight.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cnsvnc View Post
    It's great, as expected. But Iorich don't feature as prominently as you'd expect from a book that has their name. Then again, being the house of lawyers and judges it's not really surprising they don't get the spotlight.
    Well, I haven't started yet, but the books don't always have to be about/include a member of that House. They tend to be about how Vlad has to be like that House (there wasn't a Jhegaala in that book, for example; it was about Vlad's internal metamorphosis, as it were). I can't say if that's what's involved in the new one, though.

Spoiler
    Show