New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Chuck? [3.5]

1. - Top - End - #1

Default Chuck? [3.5]

Has anyone statted out Chuck from Chuck?
    Specifically the *Spoiler* Intersect 2 version that can flash on martial arts and other stuff End of *Spoilers*

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Chuck? [3.5]

Gotta be Human Factotum, with a bunch of Flaws (Shakey, noncombatant, etc.) for loads of extra FoI, and maybe Improved Unarmed Strike. I'd also count the Intersect as a magic item or enchantment that boosts his Int a bit to allow him to qualify for more FoI than usual.
    Last edited by Talbot; 2010-01-11 at 07:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

It's not a spoiler if they allude to it in every commercial.

Season 1 Chuck: 1 level of Bard or Loremaster/Anything Else X.

He's not a very distinct character. All he has going for him are the random bits of knowledge and a few ranks in craft.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Expert with Skill Focus: Repair (Computer).
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by UglyPanda View Post
    It's not a spoiler if they allude to it in every commercial.
    Don't have TV, so I don't see the ads

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
    Gotta be Human Factotum, with a bunch of Flaws (Shakey, noncombatant, etc.) for loads of extra FoI, and maybe Improved Unarmed Strike. I'd also count the Intersect as a magic item or enchantment that boosts his Int a bit to allow him to qualify for more FoI than usual.
    He probably has chameleon levels for the floating feats to put in martial study

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

In 3.5, I'd definitely say bard, with good ranks in bluff and sense motive and some sort of enchantment that functions like an automatic scrying spell. For season 3, you'd boost dexterity, maybe drop a level in rogue or - dare I say it - monk? Then the Intersect 2.0 enchantment would provide occasional buffs to attack rolls or skills, probably based on a separate roll. It'd have to be heavily homebrewed, and I'd have no idea how to balance it properly...

Actually, it's pretty easy to stat out Intersect 1.0 Chuck using the rules from the Serenity RPG - you can combine the Reader and Traumatic Flashes traits to mimic the effect of that, and there's a ton of appropriate Complications. Dump a bunch of skill points into the different Engineering categories, and pester your GM about where extensive pop culture knowledge falls in in the Knowledge category, and you're good to go! As for 2.0, I'm not sure... I'd say start putting skill points into different categories and hoping for a lucky roll, maybe burning plot points, or whatever they're called? Haven't seen enough new episodes to know for sure.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tira-chan View Post
    Then the Intersect 2.0 enchantment would provide occasional buffs to attack rolls or skills, probably based on a separate roll.
    See, to me, that just says "Inspiration Points".

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, I just watched the 3rd season pilot, and you definitely could fluff Inspiration Points to be like his Flashes.

Though Sherlock Holmes is still a much better example of a typical Factotum's tactics ... much more cerebral.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

definitely near epic levels but not quite yet

I would say Factotum 10/Chameleon 10

STATS
    STR definitely subpar but not a total weakling, 10
    DEX not that bad despite his flaws, 15
    CON he gets hit on the head often and yet still lives so 15
    INT definitely a nerd's nerd 18
    WIS not particularly wise but still better than the morgan bunch so 11
    CHA see WIS , 12

flaws: feeble,frail,inattentive, non-combatant, poor reflexes, vulnerable, weak will

1 Factotum insightful reflexes, able learner, skill focus repair, inside connections: Buy More,investigator, Jack of all trades, tutor, run, fleet-footed

2 Factotum
    3 Factotum technomagical implant : intersect
    4 Factotum
    5 Factotum
    6 Factotum Leadership
    7 Factotum
    8 Factotum
    9 Factotumnatural leader
    10 Factotum
    11 Chameleon
    12 Chameleon eye for talent
    13 Chameleon
    14 Chameleon
    15 Chameleon fanatical devotion
    16 Chameleon
    17 Chameleon
    18 Chameleon Assemble the horde
    19 Chameleon
    20 Chameleon
    Last edited by Soranar; 2010-01-12 at 04:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The problem with modeling Chuck as a Factotum using inspiration points is that IPs can be used reliably. Chuck often chokes. I think I'd put Chuck as a (Human, obviously) Bard 5/Fortune's Friend 5, with a couple of flaws. Chuck has Obscure Lore, and after that every single one of Chucks feats are Luck feats.

Chuck's spells are a mix of Nerd Herd techniques and Intersect abilities: things like Mending, Message, Comprehend Languages, Identify, Blur, Heroism, and Misdirection.

Chuck has some moderate acrobatic skills, and a bunch of skill tricks. Remember, skill tricks can only be used once per encounter.