New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Exotic Weapon master (3.5)

In my eternal quest to build a Fun but powerful Dual wielding Crossbowman using Light repeating crossbows I noticed this class. Now I'm allowed PHB 1 & 2, Complete warrior and Complete adventurer and DMG. What I do like from this book is: Close Quarters Ranged Combat and Twin Exotic Weapon Fighting.

What I originally Planned was to go full fighter 20 (fluff reasons) but I have been considering the fact that I needed 2 Flaws + All the fighter feats I could get my little grubby mits on if 2 levels of EWM isn't worth it. Reducing my 2 weapon fighting penalties to a paltry -1 and not provoking Attacks of opportunity definitely sounds like worth the loss of a feat.

The question becomes do I drop another feat just to get a third level of EWM ? Is ranged disarm worth getting ? I will be using 2x Light repeating crossbows with the splitting enchantment eventually. Isn't that like 10 shots a round + splitting effect ? Would it be worth nailing weapon users or should I rather just drop it ?

The second question is with regards to firing. If there's 5 mooks in front of me - could I offload 2 shots at each mook or must I fire all my shots at one dude.
    Never forget you are the walls of steel and iron, between Mankind and a thousand horrors too unspeakable to name. You are the walls of Hell.

My warhammer 40000 Blog: http://bewaretheskinks.blogspot.com/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Exotic Weapon master (3.5)

flurry is usually worth it...

but duel-wield hand crossbows still don't get much better than Olo's gunner of DOOOOM.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online