New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Nightmare Spinner

Here I am, going through making a sorcerer Nightmare Spinner (NS), and I get a little tired of slogging through things on my own and jump onto the forum, using the search function to see what I could find. Surprisingly enough there has been very little talk about this class. Using the forum search function I could only find a handful of times it's been talked about rather than just shortly referenced, and I'm having problems with spell selection.

So I'm making a 10th level guy, starting NS at 7th. Needing to use 16 skill points just to hit the 4 ranks in intimidate and sense motive was really annoying as it's almost hobbled my options, but the 4+Int of NS is nice.

Now I'm having problems with really working figment and glammer spells into my line up to take full advantage of that wonderful Nightmare Phantasm special ability. So here's my line up of spells so far

0 Mage Hand
    Ghost Sounds
    Prestidigitation
    Light
    Stick
    No Light

1 Magic Missile
    Mage Armor
    Grease
    True Strike
    Silent Image

2 Mirror Image
    Glitter Dust
    Blindness Deafnes
    Minor Image

3 Curse of the Putrid Husk
    Drown
    Dispel magic

4 Illusory Wall
    Enervation

Feats are Eschew Materials, Transdimensional spell, heighten spell, and silent spell. I'm being gifted the same bonus feats as wizards, and I'll be figuring out the other two feats I've got left over later. Although heck, I'm not even certain what race to run, though I guess gnome is kind of obvious.
    Last edited by ghashxx; 2010-01-15 at 05:29 PM.
    Nosce te ipsum