New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Natural Attack Questions (3.5)

First, how does two-weapon fighting apply to natural weapons? A lizardfolk, for example, would have 2 claws and a bite. What get the benefits?

Second, how about Multiattack and two-weapon fighting?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Natural Attack Questions (3.5)

TWF doesn't effect natural weapons in any way.

Multiattack allows you to take your secondary natural at a-2 instead. My relief just showed at work, so I am away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Natural Attack Questions (3.5)

You can, however, wield two weapons and still make natural attacks (excepting those natural weapons such as claws which are busy holding your manufactured weapons). These secondary natural attacks are normally taken at a -5 penalty from your total Base Attack Bonus. In this case, Multiattack will reduce the penalty to -2.

For example, a lizardman wielding a pair of shortswords can make his normal weapon attacks using Two-Weapon Fighting and then take a secondary Bite attack at -5 (or -2 with Multiattack). His claws are unusable because he is holding swords in both hands.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.