New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Rich Burlew's Polymorph fix

Tried a search for this, but couldn't find anything. If a thread already exists, please let me know.

Has any one actually used Rich's polymorph/shapechange fix? Part one found here:

http://www.giantitp.com/articles/dC2...K8n5OjUm9.html

It looks as if it might go a long way to preventing the abuse inherent in the alter self/polymorph line. Reading something on paper is quite different form actually using it in a game, though, so I'm looking for some feedback.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Rich Burlew's Polymorph fix

I am a...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Elf Wizard (5th Level)
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 11
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 11

My thanks to Recaiden for the fantastic storm atronach avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ummm...no I was looking for other people who had actually used this in an actual game. I'm curious if it really does fix the abusability that polymorph lends itself to.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

i've tampered with it a bit, and like what i've done so far. but i haven't actually done a lot with it. and it has been a while, so don't take everything i have to say seriously.

one of the problems that i recall is that the whole bucket full of spells that replaced two or three make the wizard, again, more powerful than sorcerers, etc.

however, the focus is kind of cool. sorcerer decides that his favorite forms to take are aberrations, because he's not dragon-blooded, but far realms blooded, or something like that. but that is fluff that you can make without having restrictions.

but a few restrictions are a modest cost for fixing the ridiculousness that was canon polymorphing.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I've never used it myself, but it does look like it would lend itself towards balancing polymorph abilities.