New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup: Now with 50% more Sigmund

Quote Originally Posted by Raroy View Post
    ^ The shining one?
    But I like regeneration.
    Actually, I was under the false impression that Okawaru offers berzerk, haste and a weapon. He actually offers might, haste and a weapon. Good enough for me.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey guys, crawl newbie here.

I recently played a dwarf fighter of Trog (who managed to get to level 12, and die a horrible death in the Lair, running from a pack of angry Death Yaks, only to be ambushed by a couple of black snakes or something like that) and at some point Trog starts giving you weapons. Well, I got 2 interesting axes from him, a +5,+2 broad axe of chopping and a +1,+9 executioner's axe of something (it dealt extra damage of some element, can't remember which). The thing is, I had been training shield skill the whole game and decided to go with the broad axe (because it can be used one handed), but now I'm wondering if that was a good idea. I don't really know if shields are that useful, it's hard to measure how effective they are because they don't give AC. So, for future reference, in a strengh-based melee character: two-handed weapons or weapon+shield?

Edit: Also, i had 25 AC, 6 EV and 9 SH, was it good enough for the Lair? What is considered good for the middle-game?

Thanks
    Last edited by DonTheoden; 2010-01-25 at 05:07 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DonTheoden View Post
    Hey guys, crawl newbie here.

I recently played a dwarf fighter of Trog (who managed to get to level 12, and die a horrible death in the Lair, running from a pack of angry Death Yaks, only to be ambushed by a couple of black snakes or something like that) and at some point Trog starts giving you weapons. Well, I got 2 interesting axes from him, a +5,+2 broad axe of chopping and a +1,+9 executioner's axe of something (it dealt extra damage of some element, can't remember which). The thing is, I had been training shield skill the whole game and decided to go with the broad axe (because it can be used one handed), but now I'm wondering if that was a good idea. I don't really know if shields are that useful, it's hard to measure how effective they are because they don't give AC. So, for future reference, in a strengh-based melee character: two-handed weapons or weapon+shield?

Edit: Also, i had 25 AC, 6 EV and 9 SH, was it good enough for the Lair? What is considered good for the middle-game?

Thanks
    All depends on the character, and what you like. There are a lot of factors to consider. Did you have really good armor? Then you don't need the shield so much. Did you need the high damage from the executioner's axe, or the to-hit from the broad axe? If you have plenty of heal potions and contingencies, or really strong offense, then you don't need high AC/EV/SH. There's no right answer. 'Sides, you're gonna die soon enough anyways.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

one note on the sacrificing items/books and stuff. The god that wants you to sacrifice items in return for decks of cards, you sacrifice by standing over the items in question and praying. You don't need an altar.

I choose him a lot with my troll monks, simply because 99% of the armor and 100% of the weapons are useless to me.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    one note on the sacrificing items/books and stuff. The god that wants you to sacrifice items in return for decks of cards, you sacrifice by standing over the items in question and praying. You don't need an altar.

I choose him a lot with my troll monks, simply because 99% of the armor and 100% of the weapons are useless to me.
    I'm pretty sure TSO needs an altar to sacrifice evil weapons...

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Most literature that I've read about this suggests sticking with 1-hand. On the other hand, executioner axes *are* really really nice.

If I was in your position, I would only use the executioner axe all the time if it was Of Speed, which come to think of it, I don't think axes are allowed to have. I would definitely have kept the Executioner's if it was Flaming as well, or if it had some kind of randart goodness.

Anyways, as to your second query, "Lair" is a broad term. It's mostly easy, but then again, its bottom levels can be pretty nuts, especially when death yaks are involved. Stats in Dungeon Crawl are tricky. Your ability to survive a level of the dungeon (or its many branches) comes from many sources, from protections to spells and skills to what consumables you have on hand. It's hard to have a definitive feeling of whether or not you can survive. The best you can do is have a variety of ways to escape sticky situations and a feel (from experience) for how tough each monster is.
    It always amazes me how often people on forums would rather accuse you of misreading their posts with malice than re-explain their ideas with clarity.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    I'm pretty sure TSO needs an altar to sacrifice evil weapons...
    He meant Nemelex Xobeh, who used to have a portable altar, but now just has worshippers pray over unneeded items.
    Last edited by Vitruviansquid; 2010-01-25 at 05:42 PM.
    It always amazes me how often people on forums would rather accuse you of misreading their posts with malice than re-explain their ideas with clarity.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

I live. I will not, however, have internet access from this point on until tuesday next week. I will, having figured out how to Window Crawl again (thank you, O Great Fiddlermeister that is dark), get a large update together in this time.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

9. - Top - End - #219

So far out of 25 or so characters my best is a Draconian Air Elementalist who got to Lvl 6 and Floor 7

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

I am currently playing a deep elf fire elementalist, with 2 rings of fire, a +1 robe of protection from fire (which is red), a wand of fireballs, and a 0/+1 flaming elven sabre.
    Just one of those awesome RNG things.
    (Actually, it would be nice to have some other wand in case I run into a fire-resisting- or, gods forbid, immune- enemy. Right now, all I can do is kill it with fire.)
    EDIT: and, oh, gee, I just picked up a wand of flame. This was after being mauled by an imp (2 ranks of fire resistance) and ending up having to lose it in a higher floor. >.<
    EDITEDIT: Seriously? I just found a stack of 3 scrolls of immolation. Good thing I have awesome fire resistance... that'll prove to be useful.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-01-25 at 10:44 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

The only thing more exciting than an efreeti is a +2, +3 scimitar of flaming. :D

edit: Just got gold dragon armor on that character! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Last edited by Vitruviansquid; 2010-01-26 at 02:43 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222

Out of nearly 100 characters, I still haven't beat the awesome of my first, the Troll Monk. Even with other Troll Monks.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

ugh... anyone have any tips for dealing with ghosts? After losing my third character running agaisnt one I'm starting to be annoyed. What are you supposed to do against something that's immune to pretty much everything, stupidly hard to hit and punches like a boxer on steroid withdrawal?

Besides run away. That isn't always an option.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2010-01-26 at 03:22 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Banned

Ghosts of your previous characters are exactly the same as your old character, but don't use good tactics. If they're a melee character, blast away with wands, blink, etc, or blast with wands then rage if you are a melee guy yourself. Use potions; a potion of speed is a huge advantage. Stuff like that.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    Ghosts of your previous characters are exactly the same as your old character, but don't use good tactics. If they're a melee character, blast away with wands, blink, etc, or blast with wands then rage if you are a melee guy yourself. Use potions; a potion of speed is a huge advantage. Stuff like that.
    They also don't use items like potions and wands. They are, however, poisonproof and levitate. Still, they're often more than most characters can handle, at least at first (before you get some panic buttons).
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

16. - Top - End - #226

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    I am currently playing a deep elf fire elementalist, with 2 rings of fire, a +1 robe of protection from fire (which is red), a wand of fireballs, and a 0/+1 flaming elven sabre.
    Just one of those awesome RNG things.
    (Actually, it would be nice to have some other wand in case I run into a fire-resisting- or, gods forbid, immune- enemy. Right now, all I can do is kill it with fire.)
    EDIT: and, oh, gee, I just picked up a wand of flame. This was after being mauled by an imp (2 ranks of fire resistance) and ending up having to lose it in a higher floor. >.<
    EDITEDIT: Seriously? I just found a stack of 3 scrolls of immolation. Good thing I have awesome fire resistance... that'll prove to be useful.
    I believe the gods have something "special" in store for that character.
    Boats are like nuts, the outside is hard but the inside is usually good to eat.

And remember, things can always get worse.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Death by fire giant?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruviansquid View Post
    Death by fire giant?
    Ow. My second best character (MD fighter) died to one of those in the vault. Fire giants are absolutely horrid.

Also, learn Bolt of Magma or something at the earliest opportunity. That, or just use your presumably substantial Conjuration skill to learn something else that's also blasty. Sif Muna exists for a reason.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asheram View Post
    I believe the gods have something "special" in store for that character.
    Well, I was in the lair, scaling down, when I ran into a horde of green rats and spiny frogs. They all chased after me, and finally surrounded me- by this point, I was low on mp from hurling fireballs (though I built up about 1000 xp). So, I pull out my scroll of immolation, knowing it won't do too much damage to me (2 ranks of fire resistance), and fire it up. I killed everything in a fiery explosion, including myself- I wasn't paying attention, and I only had 7 hp left. It did, guess what, 7 damage. >.<
    As for blasty spells, sif doesn't exist for that. Vehumet does. Sif gives books of power. Veh gives books of annihilations.
    I'd solved the fire-resistance problem by learning bolt of poison from a book of envenomations I found. Imps were still problems, though.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-01-26 at 07:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Banned

What's annoying me is that my troll berserker's always find the Ecunemical temple ASAP, but my casters only ever find it after they've already gotten all the easy increases from any spellbooks they've gotten and just burned a massive EXP pool on training skills by shooting at walls. It's a lot harder to learn spellcasting skills so Sif Muna will grant you spellbooks if you already have all available skills at 2+.

Oddly enough, my best conjurer didn't wind up killing my next one; he wound up fighting my Troll Berserker. However, he spammed the hell out of summon small mammals and summon canine familiar and blink, and he had a Ring of Spell Power and over 40 MP by that point, so my rage actually ended, but luckily there were so many summoned bats I could safely sit around.

Note: Summon Small mammals is an awesome spell for many reasons, especially considering it can summon grey/green rats, which, while not amazing, are a decent passive threat/meatshield.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeeze. I wish I'd thought of doing my run in the form of an LP. Right now, my Mountain Dwarf paladin has

1. Hit max character level
    2. Max'd fighting and long blades
    3. immunity to fire and cold, if the situation calls for it
    4. a +8/+8 scimitar of flaming and a +6, +5 great sword (blessed by TSO)
    5. Six runes Seven runes
    6. Survived one trip to the Abyss... FROM Pandemonium

/toots own horn

edit: Well, now that I'm the closest I've ever been to seeing the Orb of Zot, I just had to get mutated with random teleportation. Now going into the orb room is suicide. Must've jinxed myself by making this post. .
    Last edited by Vitruviansquid; 2010-01-27 at 05:17 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Banned

How many people here have actually escaped with the orb?

Not to be smug about it, but I've done it twice.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I've only ever gotten to the Realm of Zot three times. Never laid eyes on the Orb.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Banned

I have just made a deep elf conjurer who had an annoyingly high number of good rings... so far I have a +5 ring of protection, a ring of magical power, a ring of +2 EV, a ring of +6 str, a ring of +3 dex, and a ring of +3 int. I'm wearing the +3 int and the Spell Power, but I may switch Spell Power if I hit higher levels because I'll be casting near infinitely anyway. I wish I had more hands.

EDIT:

And I just got OHKO'd by a centaur with a fire arrow. Poor rings.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2010-01-27 at 01:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of centaurs, here's a list of the monsters I find most dastardly and how to handle them for the benefit of all my fellow crawlers and for discussion/amusement. In somewhat ascending order:

Quicksilver Dragon: It is usually assumed that when one fights a dragon, one has resistance to its breath. Unfortunately, the Quicksilver Dragon's breath is COMPLETELY IRRESISTABLE (a la magic dart, iron bolt, or crystal spear). The only reason why the Quicksilver Dragon isn't higher on this list is that you can usually escape it by running back the way you came. Quicksilver dragons are also quite rare enough that I've only seen a couple in the very bottom of the Vault.

Guardian Naga: Guardian Nagas can inflict teleportation on you... which isn't so bad if not for the fact that you're probably in the last level of the Snake Pit and there are rooms just mind-bogglingly full of Greater Nagas waiting to kill you the moment you port in. I'm not quite sure I remember if this could be countered with teleport control and magic resistance.

Jelly: You know them, you've been killed by them, you've had your amazing weapons eaten by them... Jellies are dastardly bastardly monsters for three reasons: 1. they eat items to reproduce, meaning whenever you meet a jelly, you absolutely must make sure it dies lest it run away somewhere and turn into a whole nest of jellies. 2. They dissolve equipment by hitting you and dissolve your weapon by you hitting it. 3. They actually do hit rather hard for the levels at which they appear. The best way to handle jellies, aside from having actual resistance to corrosion or spells, is to have a stack of stones on you at all times. When you see a jelly, throw stones at it, retreating whenever it approaches you. Jellies can't eat stones so your ammunition will not produce more jellies, giving you as much time as you like to do this.

Orc Priest: Orc Priests bring smiting into the game at levels where smiting is scary. Basically, unlike any other monster you will meet for a very long time, if an orc priest can see you, he can hurt you. Orc Priests can, however, be neutralized easily by hiding from their line of sight (they will try to rush you if they can't smite you), making them confused/paralyzed, and, under most conditions, rushing them immediately. Orc Priests aren't actually that bad unless you have no way of hitting them back.

Electric Eel: The first times you see shallow/deep water tiles in the dungeon, you should watch out for electric eels. They'll shoot you, sometimes double or triple shoot you, and simply withdraw back underwater if injured. Being hit with eel lightning hurts a lot and, oftentimes, there are multiple eels in a pool of water, making it extremely difficult to even reach them, much less hit them with melee. Fortunately, eels are restricted to water, and so could be circumvented easily enough by just avoiding them. If an electric eel simply has to die, wanding is the best option, followed by hitting them with slow, high damage weapons to hopefully kill them before they submerge.

Centaur: In the early game, centaurs have a tendency to show up and fill a magic user with arrows before he can react. This isn't so much of a problem with fighting characters because they can take the arrows, but casters without some kind of countermeasure die quick. The problem isn't that the centaur can kill you in one round, but that he can chase you down if you try to run. However, there are plenty of magical solutions to centaurs. If worst comes to worst, you can try to do it the old fashioned way, throwing your biggest conjurations its way until it dies. Otherwise, Deflect Missiles (I think air elementalists start with it in their book) makes arrow damage negligible while Mephitic Cloud can make a centaur confused while you run away.

Fiends: Fiends of all kinds (with the possible exception of the Pit Fiend. Not quite sure on this) can cast torment on you. Torment will take off exactly half of your current health and, as far as I understand it, cannot be resisted with life protection. They can do this multiple times within a small number of turns, putting any character into the red before you can even get toe to toe with them. Fortunately, Fiends don't tend to appear outside of Pandemonium and Hell, so plan accordingly. If you absolutely have to fight a Fiend, be sure you keep an eye on your health. Furthermore, have the proper resistance. Torment alone isn't very dangerous because it gets drastically less effective at low health, but if the Ice Fiend tormenting you then casts a cold attack or hits you in the melee while you have post-tormented health... uhh... you don't want that.

Executioners: Executioners are those big skulls that look like they're surrounded by scythes. They tend to come at you in Pandemonium or the Abyss and are probably the most deadly thing you can meet in the abyss, regardless of your level. This is because they are tough enough to not crumple against the most powerful, holy wrath'd blows and because they are FAST. For someone in the Abyss, this means you will often have to lose a couple of valuable turns fighting off an executioner, at the same time letting other monsters find and surround you. For Pandemonium, this isn't so bad. In any case, the best way to deal with Executioners is to be able strong enough to them BEFORE you get banished to the abyss (in other words, don't something like pick a fight with a deep elf demonologist until you can handle Executioners)

Neqoxec: I submit unto you that the most bastardy of all the monsters in Crawl, from the humblest quokka to the strongest Lord of Hell or Pandemonium is, in fact, the Neqoxec. I'm sure you've all seen them: pink, squid-like, and often summoned. The Neqoxec is awful for two reasons. 1. It will cast Polymorph Other on you and 2. it will try to reduce your intellect. This wouldn't be so bad if not for the facts that A. Neqoxecs are actually quite common in Pandemonium and the Abyss, and B. Neqoxecs can start casting on you THE MOMENT IT SEES YOU, REGARDLESS OF OBSTACLES. This means Neqoxecs can give you extremely debilitating mutations and you have NO WAY of stopping them with absolute certainty because they can cast on you so quickly. The best way to handle Neqoxecs is to be wearing something that makes you resist mutations. Note, of course, that resistance to mutations is not immunity to mutations. Furthermore, intellect draining is incredibly bad for two reasons: the casting formula depends, in part, on your current intellect. The less intellect you have, the less powerful and reliable your magic will be. Also, stat death. If you're not a magic user, you will probably have 7 or 8 intelligence to ward off instant death by Zot traps. This isn't so much intelligence when it's being actively drained, especially considering the situations you're liable to be caught in when you meet a neqoxec. For intance, if you're caged in by summoned monsters, that could give the neqoxec just enough time to horribly mutate or kill you. If you have to be slugging it out with a demon lord or a Fiend, that will give the Neqoxec enough time to drop your intelligence.

So, yeah, before going into Neqoxec territory (which is surprisingly vaguely defined), have Neqoxec insurance - potions of cure mutation and restore abilities. Have them on your person, and have them in your cubby hole the lair, just in case someone tries to freeze them off.

26. - Top - End - #236

I said I'd do this, and here we go... this will likely be a bit of a fail at first as I figure this all out....

So hello to Hurk, the Hill Orc Paladin....
    Spoiler
    Show

So, this is dungeon I was told about. Well, this doesn't look so bad, they even have a pool. Well, I guess I best look around a a bit.

Centaur barding? Well, that is fairly rare. If you are a centaur, that is. Common for everyone else.

Well, this room is certainly full of stuff. I'll just grab this helmet, and that ring. Hopefully that is a scroll of identify over there. I've heard putting on unidentified rings can be bad for your health.

Alright, that is the first level explored, many weak monsters slain, a level gained, and one more ring found. Now, let me read through these scrolls. I really am curious about those rings....

Second scroll happens to be the one I was looking for. First being teleport. A ring of ice? Well, not useless, certainly, but not the most helpful thing in the world. Now, lets wait until I teleport before going down. Probably have to trek all the way back across the level to get back to these stairs...

Or not.

A little bit of exploring nets me this, my first magical armor. Turns out to be +2, too. Not too shabby. Now, with a little luck I'll find another scroll of identify so I can figure out what this other ring is.

Another scroll of identify found, and the ring turns out to be life protection. Well, now that IS helpful. The RNG is certainly being nice to me. I wonder if that means my doom can be best described as impending?

Another level gained, and this time i get to pick an attribute to raise. Dexterity, I think. I don't need much, but something better than the 9 I started with would be nice.

And shortly thereafter I find my first 'named' monster, Terrence. This could be difficult...

I could be wrong about that. Went down in two hits. Wimp.

This was a harder fight. While battling a worm, two gnolls show up. I am forced to chug a healing potion, and back into the corridor to avoid being surrounded.

Victory is mine, as well as yet another level gained. Now, to chase down that worm. Hey, when did I pick up that wand? I wonder what it is? Well, one way to find out.

Did that kobold just get turned into an orc? Great, a wand of Polymorph Other. Well, not useless, certainly, but not as nice as having a wand that does some direct damage. Got to be careful I don't accidentally turn a bad monster into something worse.

Well, that is another level explored and exterminated. Let me browse through my scroll collection, let me see what I have.

Luckily I read the curse and remove curse scrolls in the correct order. Also turned my ring mail into +3. Handy.

That leaves me with a scroll of teleportation and a scroll of blink plus a bunch of unknown potions that I will not drink blindly until I weed out some of the nastier ones. Time for level 3, which I will leave for another update.

and there we go, my first attempt at a LP. I know it is a little rough, but tell me what you think. If you like, I'll continue this, even find spots for audience participation. Consider me a placeholder until Cog gets back....
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2010-01-28 at 02:20 AM. Reason: I didn't mess up a screenshot. Nope, not at all.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

I like it! There do seem to be a lot of screenshots for just two dungeon levels, but I can't find any that are really superfluous.

In other news, I've taken a break from playing dwarf fighters after Urist McDwarf LII died, and decided to play a few Demonspawn Demon Knights of Xom. My tactic is to drink every potion, read every scroll, and use every piece of equipment I find without identifying it first, in order to amuse Xom. Also, I plan to drink every potion of mutation I can find.

Horrible death awaits. Huzzah!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I like it! There do seem to be a lot of screenshots for just two dungeon levels, but I can't find any that are really superfluous.

In other news, I've taken a break from playing dwarf fighters after Urist McDwarf LII died, and decided to play a few Demonspawn Demon Knights of Xom. My tactic is to drink every potion, read every scroll, and use every piece of equipment I find without identifying it first, in order to amuse Xom. Also, I plan to drink every potion of mutation I can find.

Horrible death awaits. Huzzah!
    Heh heh, you're describing my favorite tactics. Usually you get nowhere, but sometimes, sometimes...

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Hate to steal your thunder, Iskandar, but I have just ascended for the first time ever!

3084437 - Van (the Swordmaster) - MDPa-27 Escaped with the Orb.

edit: Found my morgue file

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.5.2 (crawl-ref) character file.

Spoiler
    Show
    3084437 Van the Swordmaster (level 27, 283/283 (284) HPs)
    Began as a Mountain Dwarf Paladin on Jan 25, 2010.
    Was the Champion of Zin.
    Escaped with the Orb
    ... and 7 runes (of 7 types) on Jan 28, 2010!

The game lasted 10:06:32 (164546 turns).

Van the Swordmaster (Mountain Dwarf Paladin) Turns: 164546, Time: 10:06:32

HP 283/283 (284) AC 58 Str 32 Exp: 27/2566921 (19255)
    MP 35/35 EV 6 Int 8 God: Zin ******
    Gold 5578 SH 0 Dex 14 Spells: 0 memorised, 28 levels left

Res.Fire : + . . See Invis. : . A - +6,+5 Blessed Blade
    Res.Cold : + . . Warding : . b - +3 gold dragon armour
    Life Prot.: + . . Conserve : + (no shield)
    Res.Poison: + Res.Corr. : + m - +2 winged helmet
    Res.Elec. : + Clarity : . W - +2 elf cloak {rCorr, Cons}
    i - +2 pair of gloves of the Gate {MR}
    Sust.Abil.: . Rnd.Telep. : . B - +2 pair of boots
    Res.Mut. : + Ctrl.Telep.: + I - amulet "Milongi" {+Rage rN+ AC+2 Str+3 Dam
    Res.Slow : . Levitation : . y - +3,+5 ring of slaying
    Saprovore : . . . Ctrl.Flight: . x - ring "Vilygh" {cTele rElec}

@: incredibly resistant to magic, extremely unstealthy
    A: no striking features
    a: Recite, Vitalisation, Sanctuary, Renounce Religion, Evoke Berserk Rage

You escaped.
    You worshipped Zin.
    Zin was exalted by your worship.
    You were very full.

You visited 16 branches of the dungeon, and saw 95 of its levels.
    You visited Pandemonium 4 times, and saw 46 of its levels.
    You visited the Abyss 7 times.
    You visited 2 portal chambers (including bazaars).

You collected 13266 gold pieces.
    You spent 2647 gold pieces at shops.
    You donated 5041 gold pieces.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
    l - a +8,+8 scimitar of flaming
    A - the +6,+5 Blessed Blade (weapon)
    (The Shining One gifted it to you in the Ecumenical Temple)
    It has been blessed by the Shining One to cause great damage to the undead
    and the unholy creatures of Hell or Pandemonium.
    Armour
    b - a +3 gold dragon armour (worn)
    i - the +2 pair of gloves of the Gate (worn) {MR}
    (You bought it in a shop on level 2 of the Elven Halls)
    It increases your resistance to enchantments.
    m - a +2 winged helmet (worn)
    B - a +2 pair of boots (worn)
    H - the +3 shield of Resistance {rF+ rC+ MR}
    (You found it on level 4 of the Realm of Zot)
    A bronze shield.
    It protects you from fire.
    It protects you from cold.
    It increases your resistance to enchantments.
    W - a +2 elven cloak of preservation (worn)
    Magical devices
    e - a wand of teleportation (9)
    g - a wand of disintegration (5)
    n - a wand of digging (9)
    p - a wand of healing (9)
    q - a wand of lightning (12)
    F - a wand of fire (15)
    M - a wand of disintegration (13)
    V - a wand of lightning (10)
    Comestibles
    Y - 3 meat rations
    Scrolls
    O - 5 scrolls of teleportation
    U - 10 scrolls of remove curse
    Jewellery
    a - a cursed ring of teleportation
    d - an uncursed amulet of clarity
    u - the amulet of Catzoxum {Clar Str+2}
    (You found it on level 4 of the Vaults)
    [amulet of clarity]
    It affects your strength (+2).
    w - an uncursed ring of teleportation
    x - the ring "Vilygh" (left hand) {cTele rElec}
    (You found it on level 7 of the Elven Halls)
    [ring of teleport control]
    It insulates you from electricity.
    y - a +3,+5 ring of slaying (right hand)
    z - an uncursed amulet of resist mutation
    C - an uncursed ring of regeneration
    D - a cursed amulet of warding
    G - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
    I - the amulet "Milongi" (around neck) {+Rage rN+ AC+2 Str+3 Dam+3}
    (You found it on level 2 of the Snake Pit)
    [amulet of rage]
    It affects your AC (+2).
    It affects your strength (+3).
    It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+3).
    It protects you from negative energy.
    K - a +6 ring of strength
    L - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
    S - an uncursed ring of levitation
    Z - the amulet of Cralal {Gourm rF++ EV+3 Dex+4}
    (You found it on level 7 of the Elven Halls)
    [amulet of the gourmand]
    It affects your evasion (+3).
    It affects your dexterity (+4).
    It greatly protects you from fire.
    Potions
    f - 2 potions of heal wounds
    h - 9 potions of might
    k - 2 potions of speed
    v - 7 potions of healing
    J - 4 potions of restore abilities
    Orbs of Power
    N - the Orb of Zot
    Miscellaneous
    j - a slimy rune of Zot
    o - a serpentine rune of Zot
    r - a magical rune of Zot
    s - a dark rune of Zot
    t - a glowing rune of Zot
    E - a plain deck of defence {drawn: 2}
    Q - a silver rune of Zot
    R - a decaying rune of Zot
    T - the horn of Geryon
    X - a legendary deck of defence {drawn: 11}

You had 19255 experience left.

Skills:
    * Level 27 Fighting
    * Level 27 Long Blades
    - Level 2 Darts
    + Level 25 Armour
    + Level 3 Stabbing
    * Level 27 Shields
    + Level 18 Traps & Doors
    + Level 9 Unarmed Combat
    + Level 1 Spellcasting
    + Level 12 Invocations
    + Level 6 Evocations

You had 28 spell levels left.
    You didn't know any spells.
    Last edited by Vitruviansquid; 2010-01-29 at 12:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate Sigmund.

Hork the Poorly Mannered, my Demonspawn Demon Knight of Xom, ran into him. Hork was low on health already, and there were also a giant bat and a giant roach in the room. Luckily, I had a wand of Polymorph Other, so I used it on Sigmund.

Sigmund turned into a snake.

The snake bit me.

I died.