New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Calisari's "The Way" in DnD 3.5

Hello playground,

I'm an avid fan of Lun Calisari's The Way. If you haven't played it, you might wanna check it out (it's free, and kinda cool if you like RPGs and old school games).

Basically, I want to know how someone would go to stat out Rhue, Trazian and Gaiaus. If anybody likes any of the other characters, feel free to stat them or give me hints or suggestions on how to do it myself... I love advice as long as people don't troll.

Just to be clear, I don't care about the particular swords, or the notch stuff... just the characters themselves.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Calisari's "The Way" in DnD 3.5

The Tome of Battle threesome work out fairly well for the trio. Gaius works out very well as a Crusader, mainly because of his personality, though Devoted Spirit and White Raven have close enough parallels to his move set.

Rhue is a swordsage. The sheer mass of different moves and styles they can learn perfectly suits all the different auras Rhue can use. In fact, I might even make him a Master of the Nine just to simulate it even better.

Traziun is the arch-typical Warblade. Smart, cocky, and able to mow down an army of people without blinking. Iron Heart also fits his fighting style, (from what we can see), pretty well.
    The only thing worse than an empty signature is one that has nothing at all to say. One that simply yammers on with little or no point; quietly, subtly draining away seconds of your life.

The worst are the ones that look like they have a point. Multiple paragraph monstrosities that you're sure will have some sort of satisfying conclusion. Some sort of goal, to show that your reading was not in vain.

It doesn't and it was.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Where can I find this?

Because a quick Wiki search and Yahoo search turn up nothing for Lun Calisari.

And searching "the Way" won't be helpful. I just know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Somebody that pisses off a Warlock is going to go down fast. But with a Warlock, death will be a mercy because the Warlock is a secondary controller, and en route to killing you he'll first cripple you, then blind you, then set you on fire, then steal your girlfriend.
    "There is no overkill, there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" - Howard Tayler

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Link.

And Noble Savant seems to have got it right.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2010-01-19 at 10:41 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Link.

And Noble Savant seems to have got it right.
    Thank you!

This looks interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Somebody that pisses off a Warlock is going to go down fast. But with a Warlock, death will be a mercy because the Warlock is a secondary controller, and en route to killing you he'll first cripple you, then blind you, then set you on fire, then steal your girlfriend.
    "There is no overkill, there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" - Howard Tayler

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfang108 View Post
    Thank you!

This looks interesting.
    The game really starts to pick up after the first episode or so, so stick with it a while, it'll be worth your time. The early episodes are fairly short in any case.
    The only thing worse than an empty signature is one that has nothing at all to say. One that simply yammers on with little or no point; quietly, subtly draining away seconds of your life.

The worst are the ones that look like they have a point. Multiple paragraph monstrosities that you're sure will have some sort of satisfying conclusion. Some sort of goal, to show that your reading was not in vain.

It doesn't and it was.