New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: special DM help

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default special DM help

hello,

I am going to master a little adventure on Sunday for my CoC Group. So i am kind of a DnD-DM noob but not an absolut DM noob. I also already read the advice in the stickied threads.

Thing is:

Once on this forum one of you posted a link to a browser based "rules compendium" for DnD 3.5. I don't know if it is free content but as it was linked to, i think it was. I tried it with the search option but wasn't able to locate the thread in which it had shown up originally.

IF anyone could Re-Post it this would be very nice.

P.S

Oh, don't worry, just because i have been DM'ing CoC doesnt mean I'll kill my players for even the slightest mistake... or will I?
    Last edited by KurtKatze; 2010-01-20 at 02:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: special DM help

http://d20srd.org

Bookmark it. Love it.
    If you like what I have to say, please check out my GMing Blog where I discuss writing and roleplaying in greater depth.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

If you are going to play CoC, Chaosism's d% system is easier to master and flows more easily with the genre.

The thing about d20 CoC is that it is a very combat based system. The problem is that you aren't supposed to be able to go toe-to-toe with an eldritch abomination. d% isn't a combat based game. It's more based on skills and even the battles make more sense.

If you are going the d20 route, make sure the characters are at least level three otherwise they won't get past the first onslaught of ghouls.

This is just my two cents on the matter. Good luck and have fun.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You misread, methinks. He already plays CoC, and is going to torment his CoC group with some ol' fashioned D&D.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    You misread, methinks. He already plays CoC, and is going to torment his CoC group with some ol' fashioned D&D.
    Yes, this is exactly what i am going to do ^^ Although i don't think it'll really be tormenting. We have to interrupt our campeign in CoC so 'll give em some DnD so they won't cry.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I can see where the OP's wording might make someone think they're going to GM a game of D20 CoC, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Even so, the creatures in D20 CoC are actually suitable for a standard D&D game, you just need to adjust their type and subtype in most cases.