New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Rules for Crafting a Customized Magic Item/Weapon

I remember reading rules for creating custom magic items and weapons, but I don't rememeber where, I just looked thought the MIC and didn't see them, anyone know what book they'd be from?
    The Super Special Awesome Yiuel made my very manly Avatar
    The Great Steam Golem, Blitzcrank!

He really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rules for Crafting a Customized Magic Item/Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Rasman View Post
    I remember reading rules for creating custom magic items and weapons, but I don't rememeber where, I just looked thought the MIC and didn't see them, anyone know what book they'd be from?
    Try the SRD.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

A custom magic weapon is pretty simple to make. It only gets a little difficult when your custom magic weapon is also enchanted like a wondrous item.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by herrhauptmann View Post
    A custom magic weapon is pretty simple to make. It only gets a little difficult when your custom magic weapon is also enchanted like a wondrous item.
    well, what I want is kinda complicated actually.

The idea is that, plot hook wise, it's a Quarterstaff of the Temple of Seven Mysteries, the temple in which I am from. In essense, it uses Wand Chambers, well hidden though, that allows you to channel the use of the wands though the quarterstaff, thus I could technically cast spells while weilding this quarterstaff and it makes spells interchangable, rather than static like a normal Magic Staff. I'd only be able to use wands that were level 0 or 1 spells, because I'm not a martial class, but I'm taking a feat that basically lets me use wands. The part I'm having trouble with is finding out how much this is going to cost, before the wands, or if there is a better option.

He really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

well, what I want is kinda complicated actually.

The idea is that, plot hook wise, it's a Quarterstaff of the Temple of Seven Mysteries, the temple in which I am from. In essense, it uses Wand Chambers, well hidden though, that allows you to channel the use of the wands though the quarterstaff, thus I could technically cast spells while weilding this quarterstaff and it makes spells interchangable, rather than static like a normal Magic Staff. I'd only be able to use wands that were level 0 or 1 spells, because I'm not a martial class, but I'm taking a feat that basically lets me use wands. The part I'm having trouble with is finding out how much this is going to cost, before the wands, or if there is a better option.
    It probably shouldn't be available in Item form. What you are essentially asking for is a limited class feature of Duskblade in item form.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

WHich book are wand chambers in again? Aren't they also usually limited to 1 per weapon?
    Perhaps you can get it up to 2 for a 2handed weapon.

Anyway, are you intending to hit someone, and activate a magic missile spell at the same time? Or just wave your staff around mid combat and have a spell come out of the end? (I recommend glitterdust and grease)
    Last edited by herrhauptmann; 2010-01-23 at 08:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by herrhauptmann View Post
    WHich book are wand chambers in again? Aren't they also usually limited to 1 per weapon?
    Perhaps you can get it up to 2 for a 2handed weapon.

Anyway, are you intending to hit someone, and activate a magic missile spell at the same time? Or just wave your staff around mid combat and have a spell come out of the end? (I recommend glitterdust and grease)
    I found them in Dungeonscape

I'm looking for something like a healing wand and a utility wand, something like grease or knock, I haven't really decided fully, I'm just playing with the idea to see if I can make it work.