New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Entropic Reaper rebuild help? 3.5

I need help. While I was roaming through my pdfs on my hard drives I reread Heroes of Horror and found the Entropic Reaper.

This guy is perhaps my favourate monster ever, but its obvious that this guy is never going to effective as a character. Besides his obviously high amount of HD he also has large amounts of abilities.

Can someone help me find some way that I could make a character that could fit the archtype that this monster represents? It doesn't need to be exceedingly powerful just not weak. Anything but psionics is allowed and non-epic is reccomended. No Dragon magizines either
    Captured Powers (Avatar List):
    Spoiler
    Show

Pistis Sophia & Morwel (by Balford)

I am...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lawful Good Elf Wizard (2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 9
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 15
    Charisma- 18

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Entropic Reaper rebuild help? 3.5

Uh... several things:
    1. I assume you mean the Entropic Reaper from Libris Mortis? There is no such reaper in HoH.

2. What, exactly, are you wanting to focus on here? Being a melee character who uses oversized scythes and calls themselves the Grim Reaper? Being a vessel for primordial chaos? Both? Neither? Fishsticks? That'd really help in getting a feel for what you're going for.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

sorry about that >.< It was about 3 A.M. when I was roaming through my files so I'm not suprized by that screw up.

As for the theme I think it would be a little of both. Mostly the idea in my head would be an undead style character who turns ethereal/astral in order to catch enemies off guard and then reappear to chop them to bits. Everything else is up in the air
    Captured Powers (Avatar List):
    Spoiler
    Show

Pistis Sophia & Morwel (by Balford)

I am...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lawful Good Elf Wizard (2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 9
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 15
    Charisma- 18

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

So, undead, must be good in melee, uses planejumping tricks to ambush enemies.

Initial idea: Necropolitian gish of some kind. Problem: doesn't get planejumping much.

Second idea: Necropolitan meleer with a unique "Astral Reaper" prestige class that permits plane jumping like that. Problem: is homebrew, likely to not be accepted.

Third idea: Wait for someone more experienced than me to come along and figure out the planejumping aspect. >_> Problem: I feel like a useless bint.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

I'd consider some form of a Shadowpouncer. The Crinti Shadow Marauder (Shining South) and the Telfammar Shadowlord (Unapprochable East) both get the the ability to make a full attack after teleporting. If teleporting/dimension dooring is not enough... well, you got me. The best I can think of in that case is some kind of caster that stocks up on plane-hopping.

And yes, Necropolitian for all your non-crappy undead needs.
    Last edited by Ernir; 2010-01-26 at 06:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Sticking with the idea of Necropolitan to pick up your undead-goodness, Duskblade might do the trick - you cast spells through your melee weapon to replicate the Entropic Blade power, and you get a few nice mobility spells. Etherealness isn't quite one of them, but then the Reaper's plane shift is only 1/day anyway.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Li Fen View Post
    sorry about that >.< It was about 3 A.M. when I was roaming through my files so I'm not suprized by that screw up.

As for the theme I think it would be a little of both. Mostly the idea in my head would be an undead style character who turns ethereal/astral in order to catch enemies off guard and then reappear to chop them to bits. Everything else is up in the air
    Granted, but the Entropic Reaper doesn't do that.

I'd suggest Warblade with Martial Study Cloak of Deception (improved invisible for 1 rd). Warblade lets you regain it as a swift action.

8. - Top - End - #8

This thing rocks. Greater magic weapon and divine might with quicken SLA and a War chanter make this thing sexy against casters. Wizards go down easy, but sorcerers are a problem.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ernir View Post
    I'd consider some form of a Shadowpouncer. The Crinti Shadow Marauder (Shining South) and the Telfammar Shadowlord (Unapprochable East) both get the the ability to make a full attack after teleporting. If teleporting/dimension dooring is not enough... well, you got me. The best I can think of in that case is some kind of caster that stocks up on plane-hopping.

And yes, Necropolitian for all your non-crappy undead needs.
    Ah-ha! Shadowpounce, that was what I was failing to remember.

Alternatively, find a way to get Lutzaen's Frequent Jaunt on all the time. Or just cast it a lot. Free Dim Door once a round=lots of teleporty attacks. Frequent Jaunt on a Duskblade or a Gish=loldeath.