New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default unusual bonuses 3.5

so i am building a gestalt druid/barb for an upcoming game and I am now at the point where i am trying to set up her best gear/buff combos. i have covered enhancement, morale, luck,size, rage, animal stats(wildshaped) bonuses pretty well. i am looking for ways to add insight, profane,sacred(not sure i can get away with both but might as well try) and alchemical bonuses to hit and damage. I seem to be coming up empty. where should i be looking?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: unusual bonuses 3.5

Pale green prism ioun stone adds a +1 competence bonus to attack rolls and many other things. Pricey, but worth it after you've finished getting everything else. Cheaper than upping your weapon from +9 to +10 equivalent.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2010-01-28 at 03:45 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

3. - Top - End - #3

Chaos/Law Devotion (CC) provide a Sacred/Profane bonuses to Hit or AC (can't really control it with Chaos, but the bonus is fairly big).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Complete Adventurer's equipment section is a good source for alchemical bonuses, although they're generally very small.

Spell Compendium has a number of cleric spells that offer sacred/profane bonuses.
    Subclasses for 5E: magus of blades, shadowcraft assassin, spellthief, void disciple
    Guides for 5E: Practical fiend-binding

D&D Remix for 3.x: balanced base classes and feats, all in the authentic flavor of the originals. Most popular: monk and fighter.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

for the record it is a generally accepted way to write gestalt characters as Class//class for example your build would look like this: Bard//Druid. As far as other things to hit I think the luck blade and the dagger of wishes, forgot actual name but its in the DMG, with no wishes grants you a +1 luck bonus to most things accept damage. I hope that helps.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    DM: "And now you descend into the mazelike tunnels, where no light save for what magic you bring will illuminate your path, as you search for-"
    Player: "I'm preparing Teleport twice each day."
    DM: "...and there goes the tension by the window"

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Ranger (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores
    Strength: 15
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 16
    Intelligence: 16
    Wisdom: 16
    Charisma: 14

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Evil Blessing: As a Standard Action you gain a Profane bonus to your Saves equal to your Cha score for 5 rounds. If you damage to an enemy with a Good subtype or aura, the bonus is doubled. Elder Evils pg 13.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Luck bonuses tend to be rare in core - use Recitation (SpC) to get some.

Circumstance bonuses are more common - but since they stack, go nuts.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

There's also a Bard 1 spell in the Spell Compendium called Improvisation. It gives you a scaled floating Luck bonus pool that can be used for pretty much anything. The duration is pretty limited, but it can be ridiculously useful.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Some weapons have bonuses to precise kinds of attacks. For example the Spiked Chain and several other weapons give a +2 attack bonus just when attempting disarms.

Have you given your natural attacks an enhancement bonus or just your weapon? An Amulet of Mighty Fists would be helpful when fighting in wild shape.
    I assume you have an item that boosts your strength too like Gauntlets of Ogre Power?

Haste also provides a +1 attack bonus. Boots of Speed will let you act hasted for 10 rounds a day if there isn't a caster who can buff you with it.

There's also the racial bonus to attack, like gnomes have against goblins and kobolds. It's limited to whatever your chosen species has as its sworn enemy though.