New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: Is this a good cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    Err...the first one was a typo. I meant to write Divine. I thought I'd have to take 1 level in Wizard to qualify for Dweomerkeeper, but to get things like Raise Dead that have the most expensive components, I'd have to only advance Divine spellcasting.
    Ah, now I get it. Yes. That's what you'd do.

However, Dweomerkeeper only says you can advance one class at a time...it doesn't say that it can't be a PRESTIGE class, like Mystic Theurge...so, if I take 1 level in Mystic Theurge, I can advance that as a Dweomerkeepr, getting Supernatural Spell for high level Arcane AND Divine spells.

At least, that's how I chose to interpret it.
    You can't advance Mystic Theurge casting, because Mystic Theurge doesn't grant casting. It has a class feature that advances the casting of something else, but you can't get that with Dweomerkeeper mimicing it. You could advance a prestige class that does grant casting, though, like Ur-Priest (you'd have to get the Magic domain by sneaky means like Contemplative 1, but it's legal).

@Glimbur: I personally don't think Dragonwrought Kobolds count as True Dragons for the purposes of Loredrake. You could do it, I guess, if it was ruled legal.
    Last edited by magic9mushroom; 2010-02-06 at 12:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    Your Tainted Scholar builds look fun, but I'm lactose intolerant
    You're just trying to get more people into your sig, aren't you
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Seeing TO by Magic9Mushroom is like seeing a movie with Joss Wheaton as director... you know that it's worth watching, even if you do want to strangle the bastard by the time you're done with it.

2. - Top - End - #32

Quote Originally Posted by magic9mushroom View Post
    @Glimbur: I personally don't think Dragonwrought Kobolds count as True Dragons for the purposes of Loredrake. You could do it, I guess, if it was ruled legal.
    That's a whole other can of worms. YMMV on that, there's pros and cons for arguing both.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

what's a prestige Paladin?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRivers View Post
    That's a whole other can of worms. YMMV on that, there's pros and cons for arguing both.
    Exactly. I do not want another argument about that (especially since I got this nice shiny infraction last time I got involved).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    what's a prestige Paladin?
    A variant in Unearthed Arcana that has Paladins as a half-casting PrC for clerics.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing TO by Magic9Mushroom is like seeing a movie with Joss Wheaton as director... you know that it's worth watching, even if you do want to strangle the bastard by the time you're done with it.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by magic9mushroom View Post
    Dweomerkeeper gets free Miracle and True Rez. And a -1 to all metamagic costs, too.
    There was a reason that I didn't want that class. It is the definition of cheese. Also I can replace the race and take a Sainted Human Dragonborn creature. The reason for the "complicated build" is that I did not want to lose any spell levels AND I wanted the flavor of abilities from each class. Let alone it fits the campaign story line very well.

It depends... since he's using UA anyway, his DM might let him Prestige any of the four variant paladins.
    DM is letting me take the LN paladin Alignment from UA and using it in place for the Prestige paladin

Quote Originally Posted by KellKheraptis View Post
    Get the DM to rule that Sword of the Arcane Order meets the requisites of an Initiate feat and you get the entire Sor/Wiz list too :P
    NO IDEA WHAT THAT FEAT IS??????

QUOTE=PhoenixRivers;7827572]It's hard to top Prestige Paladin 1 and Battle Blessing. It's basically like DMM quicken, once per round, without having to burn turn attempts.[/QUOTE]

I plan on taking battle blessing for Prestige Paladin and DM already ruled that since you are gaining spells/caster level from P.P. that you can quicken those spells as well with the feat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    DM: "And now you descend into the mazelike tunnels, where no light save for what magic you bring will illuminate your path, as you search for-"
    Player: "I'm preparing Teleport twice each day."
    DM: "...and there goes the tension by the window"

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Ranger (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores
    Strength: 15
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 16
    Intelligence: 16
    Wisdom: 16
    Charisma: 14

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Os1ris09 View Post
    There was a reason that I didn't want that class. It is the definition of cheese. Also I can replace the race and take a Sainted Human Dragonborn creature. The reason for the "complicated build" is that I did not want to lose any spell levels AND I wanted the flavor of abilities from each class. Let alone it fits the campaign story line very well.

DM is letting me take the LN paladin Alignment from UA and using it in place for the Prestige paladin

QUOTE=PhoenixRivers;7827572]It's hard to top Prestige Paladin 1 and Battle Blessing. It's basically like DMM quicken, once per round, without having to burn turn attempts.
    I plan on taking battle blessing for Prestige Paladin and DM already ruled that since you are gaining spells/caster level from P.P. that you can quicken those spells as well with the feat.[/QUOTE]
    TBH, that's possibly less balanced than Dweomerkeeper. It effectively allows you to sling some serious spells for free.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Well, if you're just going to yell at me, I won't help you. *leaves thread*
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Os1ris09 View Post

QUOTE=PhoenixRivers;7827572]It's hard to top Prestige Paladin 1 and Battle Blessing. It's basically like DMM quicken, once per round, without having to burn turn attempts.
    I plan on taking battle blessing for Prestige Paladin and DM already ruled that since you are gaining spells/caster level from P.P. that you can quicken those spells as well with the feat.[/QUOTE]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    that featallows arcane spells to be cast by paladin/ranger.Typically it adds the arcane spell list to theirs.

-My friend,honestly here you seem double faced here.
    Either you are flavor-type or crunch-type. you turn down an overpowered build witht the excuse of "It is the definition of cheese." while on the other hand you talk with your dm ( i honestly suppose you explained things,let's say "a bit in your flavor") & you conclude that you can use blattle blessing for cleric spells.
    -You are the definition of cheese since you clearly (even with the dm's approval) break the rules & see things the way they fit you.

& i say you break the rules because you abuse... battle blessing is for paladins.not for every class that might have the word paladin in its name. it was clearly made to be used for paladin spells.you character is not a paladin its a cleric.Honestly, this prestige could have the name (vengeant champion) or w/e. then you still could use this feat?

For more info about see my 1st reply & show it to your dm.
    Last edited by Raendyn; 2010-02-06 at 07:27 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raendyn View Post
    I plan on taking battle blessing for Prestige Paladin and DM already ruled that since you are gaining spells/caster level from P.P. that you can quicken those spells as well with the feat.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    that featallows arcane spells to be cast by paladin/ranger.Typically it adds the arcane spell list to theirs.

-My friend,honestly here you seem double faced here.
    Either you are flavor-type or crunch-type. you turn down an overpowered build witht the excuse of "It is the definition of cheese." while on the other hand you talk with your dm ( i honestly suppose you explained things,let's say "a bit in your flavor") & you conclude that you can use blattle blessing for cleric spells.
    -You are the definition of cheese since you clearly (even with the dm's approval) break the rules & see things the way they fit you.

& i say you break the rules because you abuse... battle blessing is for paladins.not for every class that might have the word paladin in its name. it was clearly made to be used for paladin spells.you character is not a paladin its a cleric.Honestly, this prestige could have the name (vengeant champion) or w/e. then you still could use this feat?

For more info about see my 1st reply & show it to your dm.
    My DM is the one who ruled it like that. I asked does it work and he said yes. I did nothing along the lines of manipulating the discussion to work my way. If you want an explination for the build then here ya go.

Cleric because we need the healing in our group.

CI: With my church being torn in the equinox in our campaign I found out that it was being manipulated by certain persons and "fixed" that problem.

Divine Oracle: Shortly after I discover the corruptness in the church I start to have visions whenever I pray for my spells and gain a certain "vision" in the future and what the possible outcome may be.

Comtemplative: When I join the group I was sent by an angel of good to help these adventures in need and so I go to fulfill my destiny.

P.P.: By joining this adventure with "another" band of adventurers and before I encounter the angel of good I vowed to destroy evil where ever it lies because I saw first hand in my own church the destructive power it wields and that by reaffirming my cause I will destroy evil. This led me to encounter the "guild" of paladins who took me in and taught me their ways of life and how to "master" their abilities.

There is more minor details but those are the major points of why I chose that class line up. If it actually plays O.P. and overshadows anyone in the group then i will tone down the power as far as spell selection and gear.

I am sorry if you took it as me yelling at you guys it just that I have done my research through the forums and the cleric handbooks and I just figured that this is the best build I can make without it being banned right off the bat and that with DM disgression and an actual RP story he would allow it. Now as far as the feat mechanic if it is really that O.P. I have to switch out Battle Blessing and the P.P. with something else which we already agreed to.
    Last edited by Os1ris09; 2010-02-06 at 02:11 PM. Reason: miss qoute
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM: "And now you descend into the mazelike tunnels, where no light save for what magic you bring will illuminate your path, as you search for-"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

wink Re: Is this a good cleric

well osiris.sry if i've been a bit rough there.

It's just that sometimes my "rage" opens on its own :P

Well,as for the many prestige classes...You have a nice backround,honestly,for my tasle you qualify to take them.but thats up to the dm.

I rly advice you to replace battle blessing,even though your dm aprooved it.Man its just bad ,when he sees you quikening with no turn-cost 6-7-8-9 lvl spells,somethign a lvl 20 wizard can't do , he will just remove it,due to the understanding of the mistake he had comited!!& even if he is willing to allow it then only 2 things can happen.
    -rest of the grp beat you up :P
    `enemies will come up with similar builds,
    you dont want any of these i suppose.

& as for the complication. i believe that ppl here mentioned it up because you are a cleric!even with worst domains & no prestige & just average feats you are 1 of the best classes.
    try time domain(quikened spell)/undeath(extra turning) + simple prestiging & you are the god around there.

11. - Top - End - #41

HalflingRangerGuy

Ok well which PrC would you keep. I want to keep evasion for epic lvl fireballs and so on. remember I am in a lvl 30 campaign and we are already lvl 17. So I would like to know which of those PrC's you would keep. I am thinking I am going to keep Divine Oracle, Comtemplative and go into bone knight for the rest of the build since our fighter just died "which was me" and we have another crappy cleric that isn't picking good spells :( a warlock straight and a bard/rogue/sublime cord. SO as you can see we need some help offensively as far as the front line. lol
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores