New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [3.5] Contagion Plague

In a political campaign of mine, the characters are the leaders of a small nation that has to deal with a large scale harpy infection. One of my players asked me if he could start an epidemic using the contagion spell. Would a character infected by a sickness from the contagion spell be able to spread the disease, and what would be the rules for it?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Contagion Plague

Yes, and the details for disease are spelled out in the DMG IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by d20srd
    Disease

When a character is injured by a contaminated attack, touches an item smeared with diseased matter, or consumes disease-tainted food or drink, he must make an immediate Fortitude saving throw. If he succeeds, the disease has no effect—his immune system fought off the infection. If he fails, he takes damage after an incubation period. Once per day afterward, he must make a successful Fortitude saving throw to avoid repeated damage. Two successful saving throws in a row indicate that he has fought off the disease and recovers, taking no more damage.

These Fortitude saving throws can be rolled secretly so that the player doesn’t know whether the disease has taken hold.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht