New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Favored Soul Alternate Class Features (Complete Divine)

I have to ask, is there an alternate class feature for the favored soul that lets you trade in the energy resistance class features for something a little better? Or at least different? I'm curious about this class, but I don't need that feature, and would like to trade it for something, like I did with the deity's favored weapon abilities for that alternate class feature from Player's Handbook 2. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Favored Soul Alternate Class Features (Complete Divine)

Nope. Non-core classes rarely get any variant class features. Unless it's Dragon Mag, I think you're out of luck.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Actually, you're in luck - Drow of the Underdark has one that lets your trade ER for Tremorsense, IIRC.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    Actually, you're in luck - Drow of the Underdark has one that lets your trade ER for Tremorsense, IIRC.
    That's right (see page 58), but do note that it's for Favored Souls of Lolth only: so female FSs only, and within 1 alignment step of Chaotic Evil.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I just looked through at least 3 years of Class Acts in Dragon and only found one that dealt with energy resistance, but you were not trading it, it was a feat you could take to shoot that kind of energy (issue 343). Thanks for the idea, but I guess unless it's a feature article, I don't have it. Bummer.

I'll look into Drow of the Underdark, but it might require that I worship Lolth, or something. Thanks for the tip, though! :)

EDIT: Oops, beaten to it! Well, my guess was right, cool. END EDIT.

I also remember a feature called Vermin Empathy that you could get as a favored soul by trading something, but you had to worship Obox-Ob. It was in an adventure called "The Weavers" or something similar.
    Last edited by realbombchu; 2010-02-09 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Just add a thought.

6. - Top - End - #6

Ask your DM if you can trade the Energy Resistance for access to a Domain Granted Power (and only the power). Some domains offer Energy Resistance, and you're giving up considerably more than you're getting back (some times).

Alternatively, a Domain Feat from CC would be an equal trade in almost every instance.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing to do with Energy Resistance, but Exemplars of Evil also has an ACF for Favored Soul that replaces Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization bonus feats with natural attacks.