New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Flight and the Immobilized condition[4e]

What happens to a creature if it is hit with the immobilize condition while flying?

Immobilize specifically states that the creature cannot leave its square (cube, in this case).

So would the creature fall if it didn't have (hover), or would it remain in place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Somebody that pisses off a Warlock is going to go down fast. But with a Warlock, death will be a mercy because the Warlock is a secondary controller, and en route to killing you he'll first cripple you, then blind you, then set you on fire, then steal your girlfriend.
    "There is no overkill, there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" - Howard Tayler

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Flight and the Immobilized condition[4e]

First one. The creature can't leave it's square/cube, so it can't move the minimum two (IIRC) squares/cubes it has to, so it falls. Falling doesn't count as movement, same as being pushed/pulled/slid.
    "When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive." –Malkavian proverb

"From the tiny egg the great wyrm grows." –Kobold proverb

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfang108 View Post
    So would the creature fall if it didn't have (hover), or would it remain in place?
    I'd agree that it'll generally be the former, but really, it depends on what specifically the immobilized condition represents in a given case.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheDog View Post
    First one. The creature can't leave it's square/cube, so it can't move the minimum two (IIRC) squares/cubes it has to, so it falls. Falling doesn't count as movement, same as being pushed/pulled/slid.
    Actually, I believe it's been errata'd that being pushed, pulled, or slid *does* actually count as movement for the purpose of activating powers.

And yes, the creature would fall and take damage.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Altima View Post
    Actually, I believe it's been errata'd that being pushed, pulled, or slid *does* actually count as movement for the purpose of activating powers.

And yes, the creature would fall and take damage.
    Thank you all. This helps.

How fast does something fall in a given round, again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Somebody that pisses off a Warlock is going to go down fast. But with a Warlock, death will be a mercy because the Warlock is a secondary controller, and en route to killing you he'll first cripple you, then blind you, then set you on fire, then steal your girlfriend.
    "There is no overkill, there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" - Howard Tayler