New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Weight of a Quiver

Hello,

So I was looking for the weight of a quiver tonight and noticed that under arrows in the PHB it says "arrows come in a leather quiver that holds 20."

So how much does just the leather quiver weigh? I looked in the Arms & Equipment and CrystalKeep's equipment list and neither have it.

A map/scroll case weighs 1/2lb does that seem about right for a quiver?

Additional question now that I think about it. Could I use a quiver for a scroll case? After firing my 20 arrows it would be empty could I then just fill it with maps and stuff and save 1 gp? I know a quiver doesn't have a lid, but a small piece of cloth could cover it and be tied with twine.
    Always attack a man’s strengths, No one ever expects you to attack the strongest part of the fort. Up the middle that’s where the action is. And it’s the same in life. Don’t run away, attack them head on as their coming at you at full speed. Because that my friend is living.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Weight of a Quiver

I always assumed quivers, scabbards, and such were already considered in the price an weight of the associated weapon.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

~3-4 lbs. for the quiver and belt. Enough that you can feel it when you lift it, but hardly notice the weight while wearing it.

edit: How heavy are 20 arrows? Some arrows are 50g each (~2lbs for 20), some are 100g each (~4lbs for 20). Deduct that from the weight of the quiver. Your game. You make the call.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2010-02-11 at 09:12 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

~3-4 lbs. for the quiver and belt.
    The standard 20 arrows in the PHB comes with a quiver and only weigh 3lbs.

A map/scroll case weight 1/2 lb.

I always assumed quivers, scabbards, and such were already considered in the price an weight of the associated weapon.
    Correct they do. But what is the weight of a empty quiver?
    Last edited by Splendor; 2010-02-11 at 09:04 AM.
    Always attack a man’s strengths, No one ever expects you to attack the strongest part of the fort. Up the middle that’s where the action is. And it’s the same in life. Don’t run away, attack them head on as their coming at you at full speed. Because that my friend is living.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Assuming that an Efficient quiver is undistinguishable from a normal quiver, I'd assume that an empty quiver weights 2 lbs.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Assuming that an Efficient quiver is undistinguishable from a normal quiver, I'd assume that an empty quiver weights 2 lbs.
    Thank you. That means that 20 arrows actually only weigh one pound. So now at lower levels I can carry more by chucking the quiver and just tying them together with twine.