New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Edge's Effluence of Extravagant and Effulgent Random Banter #138

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    There certainly are Harry Potter audiobooks. I'm not sure if it's different for the US, but the UK's versions are all voiced by Stephen Fry's chocolatey tones. He's the same person that narrated LittleBigPlanet.
    More to the point, he's Stephen Fry. Further explanation of his identity should not be required.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    More to the point, he's Stephen Fry. Further explanation of his identity should not be required.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Further explanation of his identity should not be required.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    As I said earlier. You look like Bob Ross. ..BOB ROSS!

What's got you missing Louisiana, Randman? Other than the food, that is. I could go for some good stuff right about now.
    When I posted that, it was Mardi Gras. And yes, eating some okay gumbo yesterday made me miss the food...
    This avatar by Phase.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    There certainly are Harry Potter audiobooks. I'm not sure if it's different for the US, but the UK's versions are all voiced by Stephen Fry's chocolatey tones. He's the same person that narrated LittleBigPlanet.
    My little brother has them all. But they're done by Jim Dale, not Stephen Fry. Now, why would they have ONE English guy do the British version, and a DIFFERENT one do the American? Thus depriving American audiences of Stephen Fry?

Though Jim Dale DID win some kind of award for his versatility of voice.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Banned

Douglas Adams did his own audiobooks. He had a pretty good voice too.

Also, I don't find Stephen Fry particularly amusing.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-02-17 at 10:33 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't like audiobooks... The readers just don't read with the same flow as me, and it's bothersome, for some reason.

@V: What, this one isn't good enough for you?
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-02-17 at 10:46 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Banned

...Someone give me some game browser game to play, or some time-wasting website to browse or the name of some manga to read.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Though Jim Dale DID win some kind of award for his versatility of voice.
    Yeah, Jim Dale is actually really great.

I preferred him as the narrator in Pushing Daisies, though.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Great dungeon in the sky? it is dumb but there are lots of things to unlock.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    ...Someone give me some game browser game to play, or some time-wasting website to browse or the name of some manga to read.
    How about an awesome free Sci-Fi game to play?

Or as long as I'm plugging things, check out any one fo the freeware games recommended by my friend's blog.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-02-17 at 11:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

http://games.adultswim.com/robot-uni...line-game.html

Play it, it's awesome. And addictive.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Banned

Browser-based only.

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    What, this one isn't good enough for you?
    No, it is not.

Also, this site is quite enlightening.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Bugbear in the Playground

That site is hilarious. This will easily distract me in my boring two-hour health class this afternoon.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

No, it is not.

This is quite instructive. It should be provided to all members of society, young and old, for educational purposes.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-02-17 at 11:36 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Banned

Cats meow, kittens are small, cats are often curious, kittens are cute...

A wealth of information.

I don't suppose anyone wants to play scrabble? I'm fairly sure I can get it to work on the maths department's computers.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-02-17 at 11:41 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

My favorite so far: Cats are not a refreshing beverage option.

Not really up for scrabble right now. My head's been feeling stuffy lately.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Banned

What's that word for when someone is reading something and automatically relates it to themselves regardless of actual relevance to their situation?

...I should probably stop reading Wikipedia's complement of social disorders...
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-02-17 at 12:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sounds like a relative of psychosomnia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you in the usual place, Zero? I'll see if I can remember my password.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Banned

I gave up after 40 minutes of no one entering. I'm back in the Multiplayer Room now though if you're still keen.

...Did you know Schopenhauer argued that this world is the worst possible world that ever could've existed?
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-02-17 at 12:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

I gave up after 40 minutes of no one entering. I'm back in the Multiplayer Room now though if you're still keen.

...Did you know Schopenhauer argued that this world is the worst possible world that ever could've existed?
    Dang, gotta go do some thangs. Sorry Zero. In a while.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did someone say Scrabble?

I probably could. I do have a class in about an hour, but it's class where I just putz around on my laptop anyway.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Dang, gotta go do some thangs. Sorry Zero. In a while.
    He's toying with you. Don't stand for it.

Also, I would, but I'm banking everything that this lecture will tell me who my real parents are.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    He's toying with you. Don't stand for it.

Also, I would, but I'm banking everything that this lecture will tell me who my real parents are.
    And what use would that be for you?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I dunno, seems like there has to be some way of getting amusement out of it. Maybe pull a few phone pranks. "Is your refrigerator running? Well, you better catch it!" Then, when they've gotten used to it, I spring something like, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can? We have your son in an undisclosed location."

Call back an hour later, ask to speak to Booger Jones.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    How'd you like Jekyll and Hyde, btw?
    *facepalm*
    Forgot to reply; I enjoyed it very much. I liked the intermixing of consciousnesses and how they fought for dominance over the entire passage. Verra good indeed.

Disappointing Curly! Even I made proper (lumpyish) pancake mix. It was delicious. Mmm! Crappy ham and cheese! Mmm! Lime and sugar (surprisingly good)! Mmm nutella!

Also: that avatar was more like 7th or 8th, not including variants.
    I was close!

And my pancakes were scrummy too despite being a mix rather than the proper job ones.
    First we had some green vanilla flovered pancakes (Friend Who DOes French bought and added green food clouring and vanilla flavouring - very nice actually), then a mish-mash of everything else.
    Things I've discovered about myself:
    I am a "kitchen goddess", a "master multitasker", a "bloody brilliant cook" and a "clean kitchen fiend". The second and last of those comments are probably because I was micromanaging everyone else's jobs in the kitchen - including the jobs of the people who actually live in the house and weren't there for the Pancake Party. As such I was cleaning up as I went and trying my best to clean up after all the spills - including the ones left by the previous people.
    However, all was scrummy.
    And although the pancake party only lasted an hour and a half with pancakes, it kind of sort of went on until half past four in the morning with just myself, Friend Who Does French and Law Friend. Physics Friend bailed at shortly after half two. Weakling.
    Things discussed: the awesomeness inherent in both Pratchett and Gaiman whether separately or together, general literariness, the application of laws in literature and about literature, fanfiction, recommendations (mostly trying to convice Friend Who Does French to read My Immortal all the way through) and musicians who sing about the Arthurian legends.
    It was a very, very fun morning.
    And let that be a lesson to all of you: never eat only two ham sandwiches at three p.m. and then fast until half midnight before eating five or six pancakes. And spiced green potatoes and onions (yes, we added green food colouring), it leads to sugar highs and incredibly long nights.
    And, in Curly at least, an irresistable desire to clean.
    My housemates next year (already planned out) are going to love me. They've already said so.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I am a "kitchen goddess", a "master multitasker", a "bloody brilliant cook" and a "clean kitchen fiend".
    In the last weekend, which I spent with my aunt, we decided that we are domestic goddesses. It's fun to cook, but it's even more fun to cook with great people.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    (mostly trying to convice Friend Who Does French to read My Immortal all the way through)
    I did this to one of my friends last summer. We C/P'd quotes into a Skype chat back and forth while he did so. He'd thought I was a little wussy about that kind of thing and when I tried to describe him how awful My Immortal was he said "psh, I'll read the whole thing, easy". I spent the last half hour laughing my head off as he said "Oh God, I don't know if I can get through this."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Aww, yay! ^_^
    I'm at your mercy.

I'm thinking that's in the red family...
    My, I'm slow today >_< Are you talking about the heart? I've been doing ascii commands ♥♦♣♠

...libraries stock fiction? Seriously? *glares at his college* >.<
    If they do, it's probably Vonnegut and Chesterton and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    I don't like audiobooks... The readers just don't read with the same flow as me, and it's bothersome, for some reason.
    Needless to say, it is weird to listen to listen to a book you've already read. I find I can get used to it after a while. The primary reason I don't read as many books as I do is because I always have something else I want to do with my eyes and hands.

There's always crush the castle.

Heavenly Executioner Chiwoo is a manhwa that doesn't get enough love.
    I don't much care for Schopenhauer . We are clearly in the best of all possible worlds .

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I did this to one of my friends last summer. We C/P'd quotes into a Skype chat back and forth while he did so. He'd thought I was a little wussy about that kind of thing and when I tried to describe him how awful My Immortal was he said "psh, I'll read the whole thing, easy". I spent the last half hour laughing my head off as he said "Oh God, I don't know if I can get through this."
    It's easier when you find the narrated version .
    Last edited by Starfols; 2010-02-17 at 04:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Halfling in the Playground

That's a lotta quotes.

Anyone here ever tried rice with cheese? It's super good.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starfols View Post
    I'm at your mercy.
    ...*cuddles mercilessly*... >.>

My, I'm slow today >_< Are you talking about the heart? I've been doing ascii commands ♥♦♣♠
    Nah, just being silly and speculating on the color of smittenness.

If they do, it's probably Vonnegut and Chesterton and the like.
    I go to a small conservative religious college. I haven't found the fiction section in my wanderings, but...I really don't have hopes set too high. >.>

The primary reason I don't read as many books as I do is because I always have something else I want to do with my eyes and hands.
    Rawr! Kinky.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.