New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: dragon mounts?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default dragon mounts?

okay. I'd like to know the playground's opinion of dragons and the rules concerning them. Specifically as mounts. are the current rules good or should they be changed? Should other dragons be available as mounts? should I expand the rules so that dragon mounts are available into epic levels or no since the game breaks down at that point anyway? (at least according to some)

I'm mostly just looking for advice for when I DM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: dragon mounts?

I don't see a problem with allowing them into epic levels. The spellcasting breaks anything, so...the game is really already a killing fest of spellcasters. Dragons get some sweet abilities, but nothing a caster can't do (often better).
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: dragon mounts?

They do have some fairly strict roleplaying restrictions (going by draconomicon) but otherwise, I don't think they will upset the game balance-wise since the dragon mount you can have at any one time is likely much weaker than whatever enemy your DM throws at you (between screwed up LAs and lack of gear).