Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: The Epic Solo (Feats) [PEACH]
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
The Epic Solo (Feats) [PEACH]
Oomph it Up
Prerequisite: At least one level in bard.
Whenever the bard uses a class feature that requires ranks in the perform skill, he can make a performance check to boost this ability in some way. Failing the check however means that the bard wastes the action and all previous affects that he had cast are automatically dispelled.
NOTE: Bonuses from this feat do not stack when concerning the same ability being boosted. Applying a new boost requires a new performance check each round. Multiple boosts can be applied, as long as they affect different things.
- Additional +1 Bonus = DC 20 Perform Check.
- Additional +2 Bonus = DC 30 Perform Check
- Additional +3 Bonus = DC 40 Perform Check
- Additional +4 Bonus = DC 50 Perform Check
- Double Radius of Effect = DC 30 Perform Check
- Multiply Radius of Effect by factor of 10 = DC 50 Perform Check
- Demoralize Enemies by -1 (while boosting allies) = DC 30 Perform Check
- Demoralize Enemies by -2 (while boosting allies) = DC 40 Perform Check
- Demoralize Enemies by -3 (while Boosting allies) = DC 50 Perform Check
NOTE: Demoralizing Enemies works in the same way as standard inspire courage, but in reverse and adds to the inspire courage bardic music ability.
- Cause affected creatures to become helpless and ignore all danger or pain (damage, etc.) = -20 penalty to Perform Check
- Increase Radius by Factor of 10 = -15 penalty to Perform Check
- Additional +2 Bonus = DC 25 Perform Check
- Additional +4 Bonus = DC 35 Perform Check
- Additional +6 Bonus = DC 45 Perform Check
- Additional +8 Bonus = DC 55 Perform Check
- Remove Time Limit = DC 30 Perform Check
- Additional 2 HD, +2 Attack and +1 Fortitude = DC 35 Perform Check
- Additional 4 HD, +4 Attack and +2 Fortitude = DC 45 Perform Check
- Additional 6 HD, +6 Attack, and +3 Fortitude = DC 55 Perform Check
- Additional 8 HD, +8 Attack, and +4 Fortitude as well as Deathless Frenzy (but with free will) = DC 65 Perform Check
- Additional +4 to all saves, and +4 dodge AC = DC 40 Perform Check
- Additional +8 to all saves, and +8 dodge AC = DC 50 Perform Check
- Additional +12 to all saves, and +12 dodge AC = DC 60 Perform Check
- Additional +16 to all saves, and +16 dodge AC as well as 1d4 fast healing = DC 70 Perform Check
One Man Band
Prerequisite: At least 4 ranks in at least two different perform skills.
You gain the ability to perform with a number of instruments equal to the number of related perform skills you have ranks in. This also applies to non-instrument related perform skills.
This also means that you may initiate multiple perform skills as part of the same action - however, you take a -2 penalty to perform for each skill used after the first one. This -2 penalty also applies to the number of perform ranks required to initiate bard class features. Remember that you must also roll a perform check for each skill in order to make it work with the others as part of a performance. However you entertain NPCs by this means is up to GM discretion.
Finally, you can initiate multiple bard class features simultaneously equal to the number of perform skills that you choose to apply. The exception to this rule is Fascinate and Counter Song - thus, this only applies when 'inspiring' (which includes Song of Freedom).
NOTE: You may equip and play multiple instruments by whatever means the GM allows. Because you're a godly musician like that.
Other Ideas: Bard/Warlock PRC hybrid? Uses perform checks to harm enemies, as a nod to brutal legend.
Alternatively, bard/barbarian PRC hybrid that inspires fear with music (like war drums, or death metal 'growling') and can fuse weapon to instrument (allows them to use both without having to spend actions changing weapons). If they acquire a new weapon, they must get another instrument, however they can use their fuse ability as many times as they want (no XP cost or anything, since it's a minor feature).
Last edited by imp_fireball; 2010-02-15 at 01:17 AM.