New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default [4e] PHB3 Preview: Rrathmal Paragon Path

The first free PHB3 excerpt is out now: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.a...d/4ex/20100215

It is pretty much in the spirit of the Illithid Slayer PrC from 3.5, though it is Githzerai-specific.

Even though psionics were never used much at all in most games I've played, I'm still looking forward to the PHB3 quite a lot.
    Last edited by RebelRogue; 2010-02-15 at 11:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] PHB3 Preview: Rrathman Paragon Path

Rrathmal Pursuit looks great for a defender.
    Some things I do that you might enjoy:
    Chaotic Shiny - Random generators of all types for gaming and writing (including characters, names, taverns, cities, pantheons, languages, and 60+ more)
    Chaotic Shiny Productions - Flavor-packed D&D supplements (mostly 4e), plus some systemless free products and software
    Latest: Kingdom Builder Generator Pack II

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: [4e] PHB3 Preview: Rrathmal Paragon Path

I think the PP in general is geared toward melee, and probably best with Strikers or Defenders, but it looks really cool. I especially like the daily letting your allies take 10 on attacks, since with any decent optimization you can get your attack bonus high enough to just about guarantee a hit with a roll of 10.

Kinda related, but I don't see any weapons on that Githzerai in the picture. I think that means she ripped the head off of that mind flayer with her bare hands.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: [4e] PHB3 Preview: Rrathmal Paragon Path

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Rahl22 View Post

Kinda related, but I don't see any weapons on that Githzerai in the picture. I think that means she ripped the head off of that mind flayer with her bare hands.
    Look at her clothes; she's either a Jedi, or a Monk