New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [3.5] Making a dragon-themed Paladin

I want your help in making a dragon-themed paladin. I will not multiclass unleas it is for a prestige class.

Human (which in the homebrewed setting we're playing gives you +2 in two stats of your choice or +4 in one instead of the bonus feat) and Saint template for free. 10th level. I want suggestions on items and/or feats that I could take that could be good.

Oh, and I can take two flaws, which is awesome. So six feats. Last but not least, stats with levels, Saint bonuses and racial bonuses factored in:

Str 22
    Dex 8
    Con 16
    Int 10
    Wis 14
    Cha 20

Suggest away!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Neutral Good Human Cleric (2nd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 17

Jarlaxle and Auradin avatars by Teutonic Knight

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Making a dragon-themed Paladin

Well you could take the Dragonborn Template (IIRC) it gives you +2 con -2 Dex for 0 LA. The fluff is Bahamut giving you a draconic form to help combat Tiamet so it seems to fit your idea. Might wanna take the Serenity feat fom Dragon Compendium to shift all your Paladin Powers to Wisdom based to make you less MAD (although your stats look good so its not that important). Not sure about Dragon-y PrC's that are good so I can't help there.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are we talking killing dragons or being pro-dragon?
    It's kinda important.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I believe there is a feat for having a dragonthemed mount in draconomicon, and I believe there are some dragonblood (subtpe got through dragontouched feat, dip into DFA or playing silverbrow human all in dragon magic and Races of the Dragon) substitution levels.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #5

1- Paladin ACF at level 5 to gain Drakkensteed Mount (Dragon Magic)
    2- Paladin ACF at level 6 to give Paladin Mount the Celestial Template (Planar Handbook)...Lose Remove Disease 1/day (you still get RD at other levels though...) as a special ability.
    3- Now your awesome Drakkensteed Mount has 3 intelligence and qualifies for Vow of Poverty.

Step 3 might be cheesy, and may very well not get accepted by your DM. However a Celestial Drakkensteed is still awesome.

6. - Top - End - #6

+1 on the Dragonborn of Bahamut thing.

Also, there is a Protector of Bahamut prc from Dragon Magic(IIRC) which is pretty much a prestige class specifically made for Paladins of Bahamut.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by BenTheJester View Post
    1- Paladin ACF at level 5 to gain Drakkensteed Mount (Dragon Magic)
    2- Paladin ACF at level 6 to give Paladin Mount the Celestial Template (Planar Handbook)...Lose Remove Disease 1/day (you still get RD at other levels though...) as a special ability.
    3- Now your awesome Drakkensteed Mount has 3 intelligence and qualifies for Vow of Poverty.
    It's still not worth it IMO. You can spend some of your WBL on that mount you know. AEG and Savage Species have some great items for mounts.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar Ditto View Post
    +1 on the Dragonborn of Bahamut thing.

Also, there is a Protector of Bahamut prc from Dragon Magic(IIRC) which is pretty much a prestige class specifically made for Paladins of Bahamut.
    Platinum Paladin in Draconomicon. It's not THAT great, but it grants you cha to saves(which stacks with divine grace), +2 charisma and permanent True Seeing at level 10

9. - Top - End - #9

Thank you thank you thank you!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Neutral Good Human Cleric (2nd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 17

Jarlaxle and Auradin avatars by Teutonic Knight

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

its eaither out of the PHB2 or wone of the dragon books(dragon magic, nomicon or races of) that allows you to trade heavy armour prof for dragon husk which is basicaly full plate plus it gives you some resistances..

Obviously i would grap power attack as one of your feats as well as draconic aura...

You could also look at dragon lord out of dragon magic. Dragonmicon has some paladin freiendly prc's i would check it out.
    When the end comes i shall remember you.

I sorry i fail Englimish...(appologise for Spelling/Grammer Errors) Please don't correct my spelling or grammer eaither.

11. - Top - End - #11

PaladinGuy

There's also the utterly hillarious PrC...I think it's Vassal of Bahamut or Platinum Champion or something...where one of your class features is every couple of levels, Bahamut gives you a big old pile of platinum to spend.
    "We speak for the dead. We are all they have when the wicked steal their voice. But we do not owe them our lives."

Roy Montgomery, NYPD Sgt., Castle

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroksChosen View Post
    its eaither out of the PHB2 or wone of the dragon books(dragon magic, nomicon or races of) that allows you to trade heavy armour prof for dragon husk which is basicaly full plate plus it gives you some resistances..

Obviously i would grap power attack as one of your feats as well as draconic aura...

You could also look at dragon lord out of dragon magic. Dragonmicon has some paladin freiendly prc's i would check it out.
    From Dragon magic. That's where the ACF is.
    Last edited by Eldrys; 2010-02-18 at 05:48 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by AtwasAwamps View Post
    There's also the utterly hillarious PrC...I think it's Vassal of Bahamut or Platinum Champion or something...where one of your class features is every couple of levels, Bahamut gives you a big old pile of platinum to spend.
    I wanna trick someone with VoP into taking that class...