A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Good Bard/Rogue build?

I'm planning on making a bard/rogue in an upcoming plotline for the campaign I play in, and I was wondering what exactly I should do with her/him... Then I figured I'd come here and ask since you all have such awesome ideas when I ask questions

So, a Bard/Rogue... What's a good build for it? Any good prestige classes or feats? I want to focus a bit more on the physical aspect of it than the spellcasting aspect (the bard part is going to be more of a storyteller than a musician). The race is going to be kender (what can I say? I love them!), but if I decide to not use that then I'll be choosing some other Small size race.

The level I'll be bringing her/him in is around 9 or 10. We play 3.x/Pathfinder. Since it's a kender, I'll be starting the character out in Dragonlance (and I have the campaign setting so I can go searching for any good feats that are specific to it).

Any ideas?
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Good Bard/Rogue build?

Quote Originally Posted by Riyoukaze View Post
    So, a Bard/Rogue... What's a good build for it? Any good prestige classes or feats? I want to focus a bit more on the physical aspect of it than the spellcasting aspect (the bard part is going to be more of a storyteller than a musician). The race is going to be kender (what can I say? I love them!), but if I decide to not use that then I'll be choosing some other Small size race.

Any ideas?
    Skip the bard and go staight Rogue with skill ranks in perform oratory/story telling. The pathfinder rogue is awesome, with bonus feats and tricks all the way to lvl 20.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Rogue 1/Bard 5/Daggerspell Mage 4/Sublime Chord 2/more Daggerspell Mage?

Sublime Chord is in Complete Arcane, Daggerspell Mage in Complete Adventurer.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smythen View Post
    Skip the bard and go staight Rogue with skill ranks in perform oratory/story telling. The pathfinder rogue is awesome, with bonus feats and tricks all the way to lvl 20.
    I love my bards and I'm pretty good at using them well, so I'll stick with bard.

What does Daggerspell Mage do? I had wanted to focus a bit more on rogue and physical prestige classes that would boost both of the classes, but that sounds interesting.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Daggerspell mage is a class specializing in dual wielding daggers and channeling spells through it, IRRC it is 9/10 casting and some reasonable pre requisites.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC