A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The whites of their eyes...

Odd question...how far away does the target have to be for you to be able to see their eyes as something other than darker patches on their face [oddly, this IS what happens...the joy of photography classes].

I'm trying to build an encounter with a critter with human sized eyes and i'm after a rough guide as to when their Gaze attack will come into play.

I couldn't seperated the eye marks from the brow on gunnery targets at 25 yards [75ft] when i was a cadet, but then, i'm short sighted and the iron sight screwed with my glasses...
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: The whites of their eyes...

Gaze Attacks generally have a max range listed-usually 30' or 60'. Being able to see the eyes has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2010-02-23 at 06:20 PM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The whites of their eyes...

Odd you say that, with so many things refering to avoiding looking at them. I honestly hadn't noticed the ranges though. I'm going to take 30ft for the Medium and adjust from there.

Thanks.

[I want a later battle with the guy to involve an Enlarge type effect making his eye more powerful. Based on Balor...
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!