A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default GitP/ChHa Server Thread VI: More Enduring than a Celebrity Marriage

GitP/ChHa Server Thread VI
    - More Enduring than a Celebrity Marriage -

In this thread, we discuss the ongoings of the various servers that have been set up, and arrange moments of gaming.

Team Fortress 2
    Team Fortress 2 is a team-based first-person shooter multiplayer video game developed by Valve Corporation

• Featuring semi-regular Friday/Saturday friendly competitive matches. Talk to drolkcal if interested, or just watch this thread.
    • Interested in trading? Provide, supply or volunteer your items in this spreadsheet.
    • Want to report bad behaviour on either server? Follow these steps to get their Steam ID.

Chocolate Hammer

• Suggestions for add-ons on the Chocolate Hammer server: express your thoughts to Djinn_in_Tonic.
    • Suggestions for maps on the Chocolate Hammer server: confer with potatocubed.
    • Donations for the Chocolate Hammer server can be made via ClanPay.
    • For all the custom maps used on Chocolate Hammer, download these Custom Maps (88.4 MB), graciously hosted by one of our members on their DropBox.

IP: 68.232.183.52:27015

Super Happy Fun Time

• SHaFT now runs reserve slots! Edit this spreadsheet to get added to the list.
    • We also accept donations for SHaFT through Clanpay.
    • Custom maps for SHaFT can be found here.

IP: 68.232.169.101:27015

Killing Floor

Killing Floor is a cooperative first-person shooter video game developed and published by Tripwire Interactive.

IP: 68.232.171.24:7707

Minecraft

Minecraft is a game about placing blocks while running from skeletons. Or something like that. The game involves players creating and destroying various types of blocks in a three dimensional environment. The player takes an avatar that can destroy or create blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations and artwork across the various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes.

• The server uses a whitelist to allow only certain individuals entry. To add yourself, or any questions, ask Scuzzball.
    • Minecraft thread can be found here.

IP: scuzzball.serveftp.com:25565

Colloquial

Mumble

While used primarily for communication between teams in a competitive match, it can also be used as a lounge area for people to meet up and talk to each other.

IP: mbl3.gameservers.com:10008

IRC

There are many ways to connect to and enjoy IRC, either by using a web client, a traditional desktop client, or by using a plugin for your browser / game. A quick how-to join the channel can be found here. If you already have some experience using IRC but would like to know more, once you're inside the channel, any questions you might have should be answered by those already present.

IP: irc.sorcery.net ; #chocolatehammer ; Password is “chha”

Admins for the various servers

Spoiler
    Show

Chocolate Hammer

Current known Admins *

Current known Giants (Moderators) *

Super Happy Fun Time

SHaFT Admins *

SHaFT Moderators *

Killing Floor *

Minecraft *

Mumble *

IRC

Past threads: Giant in the Playground Server | II -- Snappy Tagline Still Pending | 3: Kritz or GTFO | IV: For Science. You Monster. | V: Video Games and Haberdashery

* (These have changed considerably, is currently unknown, have been obfuscated, missed by my person or has yet to be established. Suggestions for improvements, adding new names or removal of old ones will be appreciated. Spelling, grammar or any bit of information that could be useful in here would be welcome too).
    Last edited by Scorpionica; 2010-11-16 at 08:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: GitP/ChHa Server Thread VI: More Enduring than a Celebrity Marriage

Huzzah. A new thread approaches!

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Huzzah. A new thread approaches!
    And with it another year of ChHa awesomeness.
    Last edited by SciurusDoomus; 2010-10-09 at 07:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by SciurusDoomus View Post
    And with it another year of ChHa awesomeness.
    Hear, hear! Here's to another good year, everyone! Happy Birthday!

5. - Top - End - #5

Imp

From the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpionica View Post
    Sniper accessory.
    wat

EDIT: Also, is the mumble information in the OP current? Remember, we switched out mumble servers last thread.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2010-10-09 at 08:55 PM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

http://nerfnow.com/comic/394

Now I need huge amounts of Brain Bleach when facing scouts.
    Last edited by Aron Times; 2010-10-09 at 09:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

psssst, I'm a ChHa admin now, can I be added to the list? And I think the Mumble server address is wrong.
    Last edited by mightymonarch; 2010-10-09 at 09:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Silver View Post

They did say it was a "Non-milk" substance.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Silver View Post

I've been meaning to get around to renaming mine that for some time now.
    Last edited by Worira; 2010-10-09 at 09:28 PM.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    psssst, I'm a ChHa admin now, can I be added to the list? And I think the Mumble server address is wrong.
    Mumble is: mbl3.gameservers.com:10008

I don't know why we keep putting the "admins" up there since we're _very_ out of date. The actual admins (Djinn, Potato, et al.) perhaps, but our Moderator list is huge now and never been updated. (Not sure if Dr. G is "admin" or not.)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpionica View Post
    - More Enduring than a Celebrity Marriage -
    ...Well, that's not hard at all.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2010-10-09 at 10:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

New thread, Ho!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    (Not sure if Dr. G is "admin" or not.)
    Dr. G is admin on SHaFT, but I dunno about ChHa.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    New thread, Ho!
    HEY!

That's my line!

New thread ho!

15. - Top - End - #15

HEY!

That's my line!
    Well I got here first! said it before you!

16. - Top - End - #16

Speaking of, I've warned user Always, wanna be with you about mic-spamming multiple times. He USUALLY stops when I tell him to, but I am getting a little tired of warning him all the time.
    Last edited by mightymonarch; 2010-10-09 at 11:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Speaking of, I've warned user Always, wanna be with you about mic-spamming multiple times. He USUALLY stops when I tell him to, but I am getting a little tired of warning him all the time.
    We had a similar problem on ChHa just now. He cooperated pretty well with me, and did so quite quickly. I'll keep an eye out though.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yay, a new server thread. Kinda disappointed we didn't go with a title gag about the server turning 1, but whatever. Also, thread tag!

Also, I think I may be better placed as Moderator for SHaFT rather than a full on admin, since I don't have rcon. I have the ability to reset the server in case of an update, but that's about it beyond basic mod powers.

Also also, I have some sort of strange half-mod powers on ChHa Main. I can kick people, but not ban or anything else. I'm not sure if I'm suppose to have kick/ban/etc powers, or nothing at all?
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2010-10-10 at 12:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

He rarely plays it, and people seem to enjoy it, I've seen far worse.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

HEY!

That's my line!
    You are using it to harken the birth of a new thread. Judging by Wats' comma placement and capitalization, he is obviously addressing some unknown "Ho" among our group.

WHADID YOU SAY ABOU' MA MOMMA

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuigi View Post
    He rarely plays it, and people seem to enjoy it, I've seen far worse.
    The rule is no Mic Spam. We don'd make exceptions within the rules.
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

I always make exceptions for Erasure.
    Just kidding!

23. - Top - End - #23

*Generic congratulatory praise.*

*Innocuous innuendo inserted.*

*Random thought of the day.*

*Insulting statement on meatbags.*

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    So you consdier a 10 second sound clip that the entire server enjoys "Mic spam"?

I used to be a mod for a server before it went down, and we had lots of regulars that played enjoyable songs, I was told if the server dosent like it, then its "Mic spam", But its your opinion, If you want to know true mic spam I will be glad to point you to a server.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    Not true, actually. Sometimes the rules are mutable, that one especially (remember sing-a-long night?). As I told him then: The server seemed to be enjoying the song, so it would have been fine...if he had asked first, and gotten the consensus that yes, we did want to hear it. If people say no, then it becomes micspam unless they're an incredible minority (like when one person disapproves of our Rasputin Heavy Boxing games, for example). When he later played it after the round end and before the map change, I told him that that was perfectly fine timing for music.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

26. - Top - End - #26

May want to add a link in the minecraft server info for the minecraft thread ("http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164347") and mention the whitelist. And mention that I'm a god the admin.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Gentlemen. If I were to buy a Vintage Vintage Tyrolean or a Vintage Fancy Fedora, how much would you charge for it? Also, can I sweeten the deal with some Polycount weapons and some Vintage weapons?

This is assuming that we can transfer funds between Steam wallets.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Honestly, for non-Vintage items, I'd cut down the costs to $1 or less per item (It's. Just. Unlocking. Data. That's. Already. On. My. Computer! That I can already unlock in other methods with some patience and my free time!)...

...Though for Vintage items, since they're Vintage and thus a Limited Edition Commodity, I'd multiply my tolerances for price gouging by 5 or even 10. Just because it's Limited Edition.

29. - Top - End - #29

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Honestly, for non-Vintage items, I'd cut down the costs to $1 or less per item (It's. Just. Unlocking. Data. That's. Already. On. My. Computer! That I can already unlock in other methods with some patience and my free time!)...

...Though for Vintage items, since they're Vintage and thus a Limited Edition Commodity, I'd multiply my tolerances for price gouging by 5 or even 10. Just because it's Limited Edition.
    Yeah, the key to the data thing is really obvious. But breaking the source code isn't something Valve would have you do. Don't get in trouble. :D

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

So you're selling normal items for $1, and vintage items for $5 to $10? That can be arranged, just give me a few days (accidentally locked myself out of my bank account and debit card by inputting my PIN wrong several times in a row (used to computer keyboard 10-key, which is the reverse of bank ATM 10-key).