Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Disciple of Bel (DnD 3.5, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Chivalry View Post
    Should point out that the Disciple of Dispater and the Disciple of Asmodeus are both considered fairly strong classes, but the Asmodeus one probably just needs tweaking, it is at a fine level of power, and the Dispater one can be lowered by changing one line of text: "This stacks with Improved Critical."
    Used to be all those critical things stacked. I could get my rapier to crit about 75% of the time. I guess it's a good thing they don't stack anymore, but it hardly seems to be an issue next to some of the broken things in 3e.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Used to be all those critical things stacked. I could get my rapier to crit about 75% of the time. I guess it's a good thing they don't stack anymore, but it hardly seems to be an issue next to some of the broken things in 3e.
    Infinite attack loop. REquires some juggling, but can be done. Changing Disciple of Dispater fixes that.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

I like! The class seems REALLY well done. I do have one question though just to see a few things.

1. Heroes of Battle has 'commander auras', can one have both a Baator Aura and a commander aura active at once?

2. The 'Paladin of Tyranny' from Unearthed Arcana. I'm not sure but I think it's 'divine grace' is still called 'divine grace', you might want to look into that, although I'm sure most DMs wouldn't think much of it, seeing how you still need the level 6 leadership feat.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    I like! The class seems REALLY well done. I do have one question though just to see a few things.

1. Heroes of Battle has 'commander auras', can one have both a Baator Aura and a commander aura active at once?

2. The 'Paladin of Tyranny' from Unearthed Arcana. I'm not sure but I think it's 'divine grace' is still called 'divine grace', you might want to look into that, although I'm sure most DMs wouldn't think much of it, seeing how you still need the level 6 leadership feat.
    1. Yes, you could.

2. The Paladins of Tyranny and Slaughter still have divine grace, you need levels in blackguard to take this class.

3. Please PM me if you have comments on my classes where the last post is more than a month and a half ago. Thank you for the feedback, PM me to tell me what you think of the others.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Erm...Has anyone noticed that this class can't be reasonably taken by any PC?

Brand of the Nine Hells requires you to be both Lawful Evil and a Devil to take the feat.

The Lowest level playable Devil in 3.5 (to my recollection) is a Legion Devil at ECL 8.

The Legion Devil only has 3 RHD so the earliest this class can be taken is ECL 13 (with a full BAB class taken for 5 levels), meaning you can't take all 10 levels in this class.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2010-07-13 at 08:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    Erm...Has anyone noticed that this class can't be reasonably taken by any PC?

Brand of the Nine Hells requires you to be both Lawful Evil and a Devil to take the feat.

The Lowest level playable Devil in 3.5 (to my recollection) is a Legion Devil at ECL 8.

The Legion Devil only has 3 RHD so the earliest this class can be taken is ECL 13 (with a full BAB class taken for 5 levels), meaning you can't take all 10 levels in this class.
    Again, if you have a comment, please PM me, this thread is too old.

Brand of the Nine Hells allows other characters to take it if the DM approves, the assumption being that you need DM approval to take this class, which is true of all PrCs.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Chivalry View Post
    Again, if you have a comment, please PM me, this thread is too old.

Brand of the Nine Hells allows other characters to take it if the DM approves, the assumption being that you need DM approval to take this class, which is true of all PrCs.
    But every other PrC doesn't require DM fiat for it solely to be able to be taken by Player characters for its full 10 levels.

I mean, who wants to go through the hassle of talking their DM into allowing a PrC that flatly requires the DM to bend the rules of feats for them to enter it. (Which reflects badly on an entire group sometimes because of in fighting over special treatment.)

Some DMs would probably just flat out say No to allowing it without even looking at it because it requires a feat that a PC normally can't take outside of certain late-game circumstances.

Why not just change the Prerequisites feat back to Disciple of Darkness like the written Disciple classes did or just homebrew up a new feat?
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2010-07-14 at 08:55 AM.