Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. - Top - End - #1

    Default Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Yes, monk for melee sux bawlz. However, what if he was NOT what he seemed?

    Race: Half-Ogre
    Class: Monster 2/Monk 5/Tattooed Monk 10/X 3

    Issue is, I need one more PrC. Any thoughts?

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Dusk Eclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Runite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Bear Warrior?... fist of the forest?... not sure, there is a monk guide hosted at BG, might be good to check it
    Just call me Dusk
    Avatar by Ceika

    Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC


  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kurald Galain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by LichPrinceAlim View Post
    Yes, monk for melee sux bawlz. However, what if he was NOT what he seemed?

    Race: Half-Ogre
    Class: Monster 2/Monk 5/Tattooed Monk 10/X 3
    Er, how is that not what he seems? He looks like a big guy that punches people. He is a big guy that punches people. Am I missing something here?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

    "I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    PST (GMT -8)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Er, how is that not what he seems? He looks like a big guy that punches people. He is a big guy that punches people. Am I missing something here?
    He looks like a big guy capable of doing something.
    He's a monk.

    He is not what he seems like.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Bear warrior might be hard for a monk to get into (unless there is a lawful way to get rage)
    fist of the forest would be cool (con->ac and much faster damage progression) you would have to take great fortitude. also it's only 3 levels long (woo!)

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Why Monk5? I've seen 1/2/4/occasionally 6, but never 5...
    Last edited by Kylarra; 2010-02-26 at 12:20 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Dusk Eclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Runite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Laugh View Post
    Bear warrior might be hard for a monk to get into (unless there is a lawful way to get rage)
    (woo!)
    Ex monk with one level of barbarian OR half orc parago (using a half orc half ogre)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Laugh View Post
    fist of the forest would be cool (con->ac and much faster damage progression) you would have to take great fortitude. also it's only 3 levels long (woo!)
    I suppose this big guy got loads of con
    Just call me Dusk
    Avatar by Ceika

    Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC


  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    I sorta thought that Half-orc and Half-ogre are both races not templates?
    are you allowed to do halfsies and get the bonuses of both?
    (if so then do orc/half-ogre)

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Dusk Eclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Runite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Laugh View Post
    I sorta thought that Half-orc and Half-ogre are both races not templates?
    are you allowed to do halfsies and get the bonuses of both?
    (if so then do orc/half-ogre)
    There is a half-ogre race in Savage Species and a template in Races of Destiny (or maybe vice-versa, not sure)
    Just call me Dusk
    Avatar by Ceika

    Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC


  10. - Top - End - #10

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Why Monk5? I've seen 1/2/4/occasionally 6, but never 5...
    I like to divide the stuff evenly as often as possible, however, this may not be a good case of this in action. I have to use Monk (not Unarmed swordsage) because of Tattooed Monk. So it could look like:

    Half-Ogre
    Monster 2/Overwhelming Strike Monk 5/Tattooed Monk 10/Fist of the Forest 3

    And I neglected to put Feats, which are:

    Superior Unarmed Strike, Fist of Iron, Flying Kick, Snap Kick, Monkey Beats the Gong*, Greater Monkey Beats the Gong**, Awesome Blow, Mantis Leap

    Flaws: Murky-Eyed, Shaky
    Traits: Quick, Aggressive




    Spoiler
    Show

    * Monkey Beats the Gong: If you hit with your Flurry of Blows, you gain an Attack of Opprotunity

    **If you hit with MBtG, you gain an AoO. If you hit with this AoO, you gain another...ect.
    Last edited by LichPrinceAlim; 2010-02-26 at 02:08 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    The question was why are you stopping at Monk 5? Monk 2 and Monk 6 are both much better breakpoints to leave the Monk class. Since you're already going with 5 levels of Monk, why not grab one more and get another bonus feat, +1 BAB and saves, and another speed boost? Also, I'd strongly recommend Fist of the Forest (Complete Champion) for the last few levels.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

    Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

  12. - Top - End - #12

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    You only need 1 level in Fist of the Forest to get Con to AC. Either ditch 3rd and upgrade Monk to Monk 6 instead of 5, or take levels in Disciple of the Eye (Races of the Dragon) instead of Monk.

  13. - Top - End - #13

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfire Titan View Post
    You only need 1 level in Fist of the Forest to get Con to AC. Either ditch 3rd and upgrade Monk to Monk 6 instead of 5, or take levels in Disciple of the Eye (Races of the Dragon) instead of Monk.
    Like this idea!!!!

    So its

    Monster 2/Monk 6/Tattooed Monk 10/Fist of the Forest 1/Disciple of the Eye 1

  14. - Top - End - #14

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by LichPrinceAlim View Post
    Like this idea!!!!

    So its

    Monster 2/Monk 6/Tattooed Monk 10/Fist of the Forest 1/Disciple of the Eye 1
    ...You misunderstood me. Use Disciple of the Eye instead of Monk levels entirely. The only thing you lose out on is feats and Wis to AC, but you get a Nat Armor bonus, Blindsense 24/7, and a few other class features. You can then make up for the loses by take 5 levels in Warblade, or Warblade 3/Fighter 2 if you really need the feats.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Pluto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Why Tatooed Monk?

    Especially Tatooed Monk 10... that level is dead.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Foundling Monk Build [3.5]

    Where is diciple of the eye from?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •