You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [SWSAGA] Darkest Hour (IC)

-STAR WARS-
    Darkest Hour

Bestine IV – City of Arcadis.

Like many other cities on Bestine, Arcadis is a metropolis built on one of the spires jutting defiantly out of the world-ocean. Though originally built as a small refuelling station for passing starships, the proliferation of orbital repair stations forced Arcadis to change drastically, and in the last hundred years or so it has evolved into a sprawling urban landscape. It’s here, some four years after Palpatine’s ascension to Emperor, that we find our heroes...

The Jedi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For a Jedi, it’s nearly impossible to survive alone when you have the Empire on your tail. Thankfully, however, you have found help in the form of a spy network you were recently introduced to, reportedly in the service of Senator Organa of Alderaan...

Kirahe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The refugee transport you’ve been travelling on has finally arrived on Bestine. Though the trip was hardly luxurious, it was uneventful, and in these dark days that’s exactly what you’re looking for.

You pass an oddly modified B1 battle droid to sign for your speeder bike and step off the transport quickly. You notice there are a couple of stormtroopers watching the disembarking crowd from the spaceport walls, though they don’t seem to be looking for anything in particular, or to have noticed the battle droid you did a moment ago. After only a few moments, you spot your contact off to the side of the crowd. The Zabrak stands next to a rather plainly-garbed Human, who you could swear you know from somewhere...

Tarlan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You stand with your contact, a Zabrak named Sark and an old acquaintance of yours, watching as a crowd of people pour out of the refugee transport. Formerly a CIS spy, he’s now apparently working for Bail Organa. For the entire hour you’ve been on this oceanic world, you’ve been waiting with him by this dingy landing strip. You’ve noticed, however, that he’s uncharacteristically nervous...

Roger:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The trip to Bestine IV was a gentle one, and even though the shuttle crew had hired you as extra security, your ‘services’ weren’t required. As the last of the refugees steps off the transport, a tired-looking Chagrian woman hands you a credit chip containing a rather meagre sum (though it’s better than nothing), thanks you for your work, then goes to sign a speeder bike over to one of the passengers.

Almost immediately after disembarking, you notice a pair of stormtroopers watching the ship from the north wall of the spaceport; thankfully, from this distance they don’t seem to recognize you as a battle droid. More interesting is a pair of rather out-of-place organics, a Zabrak and a Human, standing by an older-model landspeeder, apparently waiting for someone.

Ndamaa:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your recent Imperial entanglements have forced you to move around a lot recently. Luckily for you, you came into contact with a pro-Jedi movement just last week, and they’ve given you decent shelter since in the form of a little cantina maybe halfway up the spire.

For now, you’re waiting patiently for your contact – a Zabrak, you were told, who would identify as “Sark”. There’s a few people here at the moment, some spacers and mercenaries, though the only notable ones are a pair dressed in beskar – one of whom only just entered. A Human girl who you’ve seen here a few times is singing sad, quiet songs in the corner, most of which seem to be old Jedi poems, though it doesn’t look like anyone is listening too intently.

Terek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You’ve been in this cantina for near an hour now, waiting for your contact to show – a Zabrak named Sark who could put you in contact with a pro-Jedi movement. The bartender’s offered you a couple of drinks now, which you’ve likely had to refuse, and there’s a Human girl singing what you may recognize to be Jedi songs.

Besides yourself, there’s quite a few spacers and mercenaries in here, plus two other guys in armour – one, in beskar, who just walked in, and another in a strange, spiked suit the likes of which you don’t think you’ve seen before.

Tor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently without work, you find your way to a small cantina somewhere halfway up the spire – a good place to get a quiet drink. As you enter, your eyes are drawn to a stranger wearing gold-coloured beskar, and to another wearing unusual armour that seems to resemble a vornskr. Besides them, the Duros bartender and the Human girl singing tragic songs in one corner, everyone here seems to be a generic spacer or mercenary thug.
    The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: [SWSAGA] Darkest Hour (IC)

Tor walks over to the bar and orders his drink, then takes a seat next to Terek. "Su cuy'gar, ner vod! Don't see a lot of beskar'gam around here."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kirahe
    He takes a better look at his contact, and at this familiar person beside them as he signs off for his swoop. As he finishes signing off on his bike he looks around in awe like some backwater moisture farmer. Although he is just using it as a pretense to look around. That and it had genuinely been a very long time since he had been in such a built up area.

As he does this he walks in the direction of his contact.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+11)[20] Also where do I pick up my swoop?
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tarlan turns to the zabrak:
    "If this is going to take much longer, I'd prefer to wait in the cantina, where it's nice and cold, and where I can get something to drink" the tone isn't really impatient or annoyed.
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Roger stares at the stormtroopers for a moment, worried about their presence. He knows that if there are stormtroopers in the port there are bound to be more of them crawling all over the place. He decides that the best place to hide out and seek work would be the cantina, so he heads to the closest one he can find and looks around for shady characters that look like they need work done.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ndamaa was growing impatient. With each passing hour that the contact didn't show, the Imperials were that much closer to discovering his presence. He didn't want a run-in like the last. Ndamaa tried to maintain an inconspicuous appearance but with his Jensaarai armor it wasn't easy. He had purchased a cloak just outside the cantina a while ago so he decided to put it on.

As he scanned the patrons, he noticed two individuals that stood out. Both wore a type of armor he was unfamiliar with, but the style looked like the kind only serious mercenaries invested in. He decided to remain where he was, not sure if they were the kind of people he could trust, or if they were troublemakers.

Ndamaa took a sip from his drink, and wondered why the contact was running so late. This is not a good sign. Sure that he had either been betrayed by he pro-jedi advocates or that the Imperials had intercepted his contact, Ndamaa kept his eye on the door, watching for anyone peculiar to enter the establishment.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Terek

Terek looked at the man and acted like he understood him. "Yeah. I used to see them all the time, but not these days. You want a drink?" Man I hope this guys doesn't find out that I'm not a mando and i wear the armor. They can get a bit touchy about that.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Kirahe:
    Your old Flare-S was one of the largest pieces of cargo on the ship and had to be stored in the common area; it's unloaded at the same time as the other refugees get off and brought over to you while you're scanning the area. You think you caught sight of a pair of oddly well-dressed men through the crowd, but you're not sure if it was just your eyes playing tricks on you.

As you get nearer your contact, he mutters something to the Human he's standing next to and then looks you up and down. "You'd be... Kirahe?" he asks, sounding somewhat unsettled.

Tarlan:
    Sark wrings his hands together. "No... no, the man we're waiting for should on this ship..." He looks across the spaceport, then nods towards an oddly familiar-looking man pushing an old swoop bike towards the pair of you. "That'd be him now," he mutters to you. As the stranger approaches, he asks quietly, "You'd be... Kirahe?"

Roger:
    You aren't entirely wrong; leaving the starport, you pass a couple more stormtroopers guarding a dated LAAT gunship as it refuels, and in the city proper you spot the occasional scout trooper patrolling walkways and rooftops, but otherwise find your way to a cantina relatively trouble-free.

It's a pretty decent place, actually; a couple of Mandalorian mercenaries seem to be chatting over drinks, and a man at one of the tables is attempting to hide the bulk of armour under a heavy cloak. Spacers play hands of sabacc in booth tables, low-life mercs split the credits from their last job, and a young Human woman sings songs in one corner.

Calhexas, Tor & Terek:
    A few minutes after Tor, a droid enters the cantina - at first, you think it's a protocol droid, but at second glance you recognize the build of a B1 war droid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bear with me, things will pick up here soon. Meanwhile, we have the beginnings for a great joke - a Mandalorian, a Jensaarai and a droid walk into a cantina...

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Nah, I've already got one comin'. Boys with real armor's kinda rare these days, what with the Empire's cheap plastoid knockoffs gunning down anyone "His Majesty" doesn't like." He hails the bartender when his drink's ready, and gets it before sitting down again. "Hey, look. It's one of the old war droids. Wonder what it's doing walking about."

Tor drinks his drink... without removing his helmet. How does he do it? Mando tricks.

10. - Top - End - #10

Kirahe
    "Errr... no. Although I am sure that I am the guy your looking for. The transport I arranged to pick me up here must have gotten the name mixed up. I am Kiraje-je, weird eh? So where is the moisture farmers conference I am scheduled to go to? I have someone very important to meet there! He almost stops talking with a long pause, but continues on in one long sentence. I am of course talking about the guild leader Tohoi-Je, very famous on backwater planets."

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deception (1d20+5)[13] Rolling to try get the message across I am actually Kirahe, but not actually say that. There may be Imperial Spies around. Come on... circumstance bonus for a good... err post? Lol :P
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2010-03-01 at 03:46 AM.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The human standing next to the Zabrak is dressed in long white pants, a loose gray long sleeved shirt and sandals.
    He wears a belt with several large pouches on the side, and two belts more loosely, going a bit down on each side.A heavy blaster pistol is holstered on each belt.
    He has short, almost prison cut, graying hair and is unshaven.
    He wears round sunglasses and his hands and head are covered in scars

He turns to the person that presented himself as Kiraje-je:
    "Moisture farming, you say? Sounds as a nice place to work. Maybe could get some work there..." he sounds both sad and sarcastic at once "... It's not like my skills are of any use anyway" he says with one hand on each of his heavy blaster pistols

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gamgee View Post
    He almost stops talking with a long pause, but continues on in one long sentence.
    He just kept talking in one long, incredibly unbroken sentence, moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ndamaa's eyes stayed fastened to the door. He first dismissed the droid that walked into the establishment. But as it lingered, his attention was drawn more and more towards it.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

The Jedi:
    Sark's eyes dart around the starport as Kirahe goes on his long spiel.

"Moisture farmer, huh...?" He sighs and looks Kirahe up and down. "I can’t stick around long, but this..." He pauses, holding out a rather basic-looking datapad for either of you to take. "...is Tohoi-Je's address." Sark shrugs. "Unfortunately, I’m needed at other venues... can your bike fit two?"

The Others:
    This small cantina is apparently popular today. Not long after the battle droid arrives, a handful of stormtroopers enter, led by a pair of clones dressed in Phase II armour – one decorated in blue and the other red. The room gets noticably quieter.

While most of the small squad linger around the door, the one in red removes his helmet and approaches the other side of the bar, muttering something to the bartender while gesturing with his left hand.

Listen DC15
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm looking for a Zabrak man, maybe yea high. Seen him?"

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The human with the heavy blaster pistols takes the datapad
    "You couldn't just give it to me a hour ago, could you?" he frowns, then looks at the address
    and finally turns to the other and smiles
    "You seem kind of nervous. Have you considered hiring a guard?"
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2010-03-06 at 08:06 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Terek

He notices the two clones walk in. "Well looks like some of the knockoffs came here. I hope they wanna play, don't you?" There is a hint of anger and agression in his voice.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Tor keeps his voice low as he replies. "Red there wants a Zabrak. As long as they don't make a fuss about him or us, I don't need to waste shots on 'em."

Regardless, he's already planning out how to wipe out the bucketheads with minimal collateral damage.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Roger backs into a corner and stays in the shadows, keeping his rifle raised and ready.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Kirahe
    "Unfortunately no, this can only ride one person. We will need to find you some transport. Renting a bike is relatively cheap. Can I see the datapad?"

Exile

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Why would I?" the human with the heavy blaster pistols asks genuinely surprised
    "If you claim that you are not the one the Zabrak was supposed to introduce me to, then this information is for my eyes only" he starts caressing a deep, rather fresh burning scar on his right hand. The scar looks almost as if something very hot has been pressed through the palm of the hand
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2010-03-07 at 05:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Kirahe
    With an exasperated sigh and a face palm he speaks up. "Bump your head early this morning or something? He clearly held it out for either of us to take. Remember? I came here to take you to the gerdamn moisture farmers conference? I spent a hell of a lot of time and took some big risks in getting a seat to meet with Tohoi-Je. Your not messing this up after I traveled all the way from my home planet. Now let me look at tthe gerdamn datapad before were late..."

Exile

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The entrance of the stormtroopers gives Ndamaa something to be uneasy about. It's beginning to look like a trap. He hears the troopers ask around about a Zabrak and wonders if there's any connection between the individual they're looking for and his contact. His arms and armor hidden beneath his cloak, he reaches to grasp for one of his lightsabers. Just holding onto them sometimes gives him piece of mind. He grips it gently, preparing to draw it should something go down.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Let's take a walk" the man with the heavy blaster pistols proposes
    as he starts walking, he whispers
    "First of all, you need to get your story straight. This way, you're causing trouble for everyone. Second: never, never, never insult a person that is in a bad mood and carries two heavy blaster pistols. That's bad for the wholeness of your skin"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

The Jedi:
    Sark steps after you as you begin to walk away. "Look, I have to go... you two need to remember that we're meant to be on the same side here. With any luck, you'll both be on your respective ways by tomorrow..." The Zabrak begins to walk back to his speeder. "In any case, there's a cheap speeder rental just across from the starport... I recommend it, it's a long walk otherwise..."

The Others:
    The bartender looks somewhat taken aback, caught off-guard by the question, then returns to his casual demeanour and shrugs. The clone glances across the bar at you briefly, then grins.

"What about any of you? Seen any Zabraks?" he asks. The bartender winces visibly at the question.

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Nope. No Zabraks here."

26. - Top - End - #26

Terek

"No can't say I have." He glances at clone and smiles the best he can inside his helmet knowing exactly who he is looking for and that the clone can't see his face.

27. - Top - End - #27

Kirahe
    Kirahe doesn't walk, he stands where he was with his palm outstretched for the datapad. He keeps his head turned in the direction of the walking man.
    "Apparently only confusing you. I see no others around. At least none that look confused. Only a person who walks around with two loaded blaster pistols in an otherwise urban and policed area is looking for trouble. Insult? Only if you want it to be. If the mans last comment didn't make it clear. We are both here for the same thing. Now please show me the datapad, and then we can go rent a speeder. Or get you a Taxi. I'm taking my bike of course. Now I have to be obvious... this is your last chance. We don't have all day, and where we have to go is important."

Exile

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

The Jedi:
    Sark reaches into his speeder's cockpit and starts it up. "You two are free to stand about arguing all day, but I need to leave... you might want to, as well. Once the crowd thins, you could start drawing attention..." He points to the wall where the stormtroopers patrol.

The Others:
    The clone in red responds with a very exaggerated frown, then turns back to the bartender and continues to talk quietly.

Those who made the previous Perception check - (you can reroll if you move closer or otherwise improve your chances of dropping eaves)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Look, I know he comes here at least once a week. You’ve got to know him – horned head, short hair? Middle-aged, fairly quiet?”
    “I... I’m sorry, but I don’t know him. A lot of people come through here – we’re right near the starport.”
    The clone leans forward. “Give me a cup of ardees.” The bartender seems to wait for payment, but the clone isn’t forthcoming, so after a moment he fills a cup and hands it to him seemingly for free.
    “You’re sure you don’t know him,” the clone finishes – it’s not so much a question as it is a statement.
    “I don’t.”
    “Then I’m afraid I’m going to have to arrest the girl.”
    “What? What for?”
    “The song she’s singing was banned under Imperial law last month.”
    “What—but it’s a thousand-year old poem!”
    “It’s also very illegal. She might be facing the death penalty as a Jedi supporter, you know...”

As they hold their whispered conversation, the bartender grows increasingly distraught. Finally, the clone drains the cup he was handed a moment ago and signals to the stormtroopers by the door. The soldiers unclip binder cuffs and stun batons and stride purposefully towards the confused-looking girl in the corner...

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Tor glances towards his new buddy in a "If you go, I'll go" fashion, sliding his hand towards his carbine and switching it to auto... too many people around to use his wrist-mounted grenade launcher.

30. - Top - End - #30

Terek

He nods toward Tor and puts his hand on his light repeater. Things were about to get hot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can we get a map? I recommend using http://www.editgrid.com/