New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [3.5] Getting more spells

Hi all. I was wondering if there was an official WoTC feat that let you get a spell from a different class list. I remember (vaguely) a couple of 3rd party feats that would do the trick, but I want it for a possible arena entry, so only WoTC feats need apply. Thanks in advance for any help. (Oh, and if it helps at all, I'm trying to get CLW for a Dread Necro.)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Getting more spells

Well the feat you're thinking of has been ruled to only allow one additional spells from one's existing list, which makes it useless for casters who already know every spell on their list (such as dead necro).

An easy way to get cure light wounds as a Dread Necromancer is to worship a deity with the Healing domain and select the Arcane Disciple feat (and choose the healing domain). This will grant you the spells on the Healing domain list to your spells known.

There's also Aberrant Dragonmark from Eberron which can grant you CLW as a spell-like ability.

obnoxious
    sig
    Last edited by Irreverent Fool; 2010-03-03 at 03:19 AM.
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ishcumbeebeeda View Post
    Hi all. I was wondering if there was an official WoTC feat that let you get a spell from a different class list. I remember (vaguely) a couple of 3rd party feats that would do the trick, but I want it for a possible arena entry, so only WoTC feats need apply. Thanks in advance for any help. (Oh, and if it helps at all, I'm trying to get CLW for a Dread Necro.)
    "Arcane Disciple", but you need a god who grants Healing domain and is close enough to your alignment. Rainbow Servant PrC also does it, but is rather... thorny.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

4. - Top - End - #4

Related (clarification) question: Is Dread Necros never being good one of those alignment related things you can ignore in the arena(like paladins using poison)?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ishcumbeebeeda View Post
    Related (clarification) question: Is Dread Necros never being good one of those alignment related things you can ignore in the arena(like paladins using poison)?
    Er, ask your DM? Heck, I'd ask your DM about poison if I were a paladin, too, though I certainly hope he'd be permissive.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Warmage has the Eclectic Learning AFC which allows learning spells from other lists. You could ask your DM if you DN could take it too, in place of advanced learning.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

7. - Top - End - #7

Thanks for your answers everyone and sorry about the (probably only on my part) confusion. I took my line of questioning over to the Recruitment Thread where it (probably) belonged in the first place

EDIT: And I'd also like to say that I'm still really impressed with the speed that people answer questions on this site. I'm on a few others and I can expect to wait days (minimum) for an answer to a question on some of them.
    Last edited by Ishcumbeebeeda; 2010-03-03 at 03:38 AM.