New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Outside XIII: Spores of Corruption Dance in the Wind

Mountain Cave - East Hallway Dungeons

"She found two people coming in here. They took her almost out, but then she died, because they stabbed her with a dagger," she says watching him inspect the doorway.

The iron is mostly welded to it, and you can see through a 'window' at the top of the door, which has prisonlike bars across that 'window'. Most of the iron doesn't impede its opening. However, there's one large metal slab, which keeps the door shut by going across it. It's like in those castles, when they would put wooden beams to keep the door closed. Except, it's with iron, and is larger - thousands and thousands of kilograms hanging as deadweight, which will have to be lifted up to get access to the door.

"Safrita...I could never tell what she wanted. First she wanted them to take her out, then she locked the door, then she told them that she would open it if they gave her something, then she blocked their way out again." Jess shrugs. "It doesn't matter anymore, though."
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Cave - East Hallway Dungeons

Definitely too heavy. Drats.

"Oh. Sorry." Though that all sort of confused him too. Ah well.

"Before I go on and clear out some spiderwebs for you, what can you tell me about that skull you said was in your basket?" Reinholdt kneels down to look in at the crawl space. Last thing he needs to do is get stuck in a crawlspace in a creepy cave with a creepy girl. Especially with spiders.

And I deadtime for a nap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #1083

Mountain Cave - East Hallway Dungeon

"Oh. The skull?" She reaches into the basket, and grabs onto something.

She pulls it out, and it's the skull of a small dragon. Couldn't have been any larger than a dog. There's no flesh on it, showing that it had been dead for a while. "I found it, and I was going to go bury it in the gold, because dragons like that sort of thing, don't they?" To her, everything likes gold.

Then, before he'll go into the hole, she says, "Be careful, though. The black and red spiders are poisonous."

Bye!
    I might be here, I might not, when you get back.

4. - Top - End - #1084

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Dusklands]

Right, let's go through this one at a time, shall we?

So, Zee/Dyna first. The white essence-y stuff clips the creation on its leg, which is rapidly being eaten by the stuff. Unfortunately for Zee/Dyna, the spider can manage just fine with seven legs, and promptly detaches the leg, preventing the essence from spreading any further. Her blade strikes the spider, sending it bouncing away...

Then it gets up, hisses angrily at her, and responds by shooting several globs of liquid agony soaked webbing at her.
    Liquid agony, huh?

Dyna remembers this stuff pretty well!

Probably from that horrible pain blizzard that took place a little over a year ago. She does her best to dodge the stuff, but sadly she just isn't quite fast enough. When the pain his her brain down she goes to her knees!

Not even screaming.

Hurts too much for that.

Right now she's scrambling to shut off her nerve endings, but she's having a bit of trouble summoning the needed concentration to do so. Wonder why?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt ponders. Huh. Not the right skull or would burying it in gold make it gold? Only one way to find out.

Before going into the crawlspace, Reinholdt tries to take a torch off the wall. He intends to stick it in there and burn the webs and some of the spiders out and let the smoke clear before going in there himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Orc in the Playground

[Dusklands]

Since apparently there was a spider-creation going after Trent specifically and Shrimp poked me, Trent will be attempting to knock it to the ground with the butt of his laser rifle, then if that works he's going to start spraying the downed thing with automatic laser fire.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #1087

Mountain Cave

The torch comes off easily - after all, what's holding it to the wall is old and rusted, and breaks off almost immediately, clattering to the ground.

When the torch enters the hole, the spiderwebs that span across it, added to the breeze that pulls the flame in further, make the heat rush down through it, and it burns up all the spiders and spiderwebs and cobwebs.

Poor spiders... All they wanted to do was bite people and suck their blood.

"Hey, you did it!" says Jess, as she notices the smell of the burning arachnids.
    Last edited by Je dit Viola; 2010-04-02 at 09:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel positively horr- oh who am I kidding? This is great.

"After you." Reinholdt says politely motioning to allow Red to go ahead. Women first after all!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

[Dusklands]

Erin ducks under the attacking spider-blade, and then sees Zee dropping!
    Spinning, she lashes out with her staff at the spider, her fury rising, the staff swung with all her might...

...she totally ignores the Voice.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #1090

"Of course," she says, going over to the little hole in the wall. She gives a smile to Reinholdt as she arrives there, and sets her basket on the ground so she can go through.

She bends down, and starts to crawl through the hole in the wall. Luckily her dress is very long, to her ankles. Plus, her Red Riding Hood, as well.

After crawling through, she reaches the other side (it's just the thickness of a thick wall). "Okay, you can come through now. All the burnt spiders are now all over my clothes. And push my basket through, as well!"

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course." Reinholdt says as he kneels down and tries to glance inside the basket real quick before pushing it through. He's not stealing anything... yet. But wants a good look.

Then he crawls on through too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dusklands]

Erin's blow sends the spider creation flying, though again it doesn't seem to do much damage. The spider does look a little shaky when it gets back up though.

Anyway, it may be a good thing that Erin is running to intervene because the spider that webbed Dyna is rapidly scuttling in, ready to leap and stab at her once it gets just a little bit nearer...

Okay, now Trent seems to have found an effective tactic. The laser fire is clearly damaging it, piercing through the armour several times, resulting in liquid metal oozing out. It isn't down yet, though, and stabs at his legs.

Slythynia, seeing Oscar in trouble, spins and dashes away from her spider, distracting it with several more illusionary copies of herself. She rushes over and kicks the spider that webbed Oscar, sending it a fair distance away. It doesn't get back up, though it is still twitching.

Slythynia tugs at the webbing on Oscar, "Are you okay?"

Richard finds that, despite looking like spiders, the creations are not weak to any spider bane stuff or anything like that. The acid slowly eats away at its armour, however the armour is thick and designed to resist acid, it'll take a while to eat through it. The spider responds with several globs of webbing.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dusklands]

"Oh Erin why do you ignore me? Can you not recognise my voice? Come towards me, leave the rest behind, and I will take all your troubles away from you. And I will guarantee that you will enjoy it..."

And with the last sentence a wash of cold floods slowly up Erin's spine, the kind of sensation that Melantha has learned from practice that Erin loves...

14. - Top - End - #1094

She didn't lie about what was in there. Inside the basket, at the bottom, is a little wooden music box. Next to the music box, is a gauntlet, rusted and needs oil more than the Tin Man, a geode broken in half, and a smaller black rock, and the baby dragon skull. There's also a folded piece of paper, as well.

The basket arrives to her, and she picks it up in her hands again, before going back to brushing ashen spiders off of her.

When Reinholdt gets through the tight squeeze, he'll find that it's dark again, with the torches even more sparce. Some parts of the dungeon cells don't even have light reaching to them, but there's a clear path that goes to the left and right. The left path is lit, the right path goes off into the darkness.

Also, he may notice some movement in some of the cells. Just small little movements, like a rat or a chained gorilla exausted from struggling, or a prisoner looking up, or a skeleton rattling on the bars. "So...I don't remember which way it is now, to go down. It's either right or left to find the stairs, and I'll let you choose this time."

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

A chained Gorilla?

"Umm... sure. So why are these people locked up exactly?" If there are indeed live prisoners here, then something may need to be done!

He chooses right, but asks if Red can make the lights come on before continuing down that route. If not, left it is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

[Dusklands]

I guess between Oscar's flailing and Slythenia's help, the webbing is removed from his face, though presumably this would make their hands hurt.

Assuming the pain eventually fades enough to allow him to think conscious thoughts again, he'll try to make a laser of his own again. It works a little better this time, since Trent is making lasers nearby that Oscar can observe. Though it's still probably not as focused and effective as a machine produced laser.

Pew pew!

[Pyramid]

Bo-ring...

Acacia doesn't seem terribly interested in the lecture, and instead goes to put an arm around Jonah's waist and nuzzle against him. Meanwhile, HT metaphorically smacks Acacia for being such a cultural philistine and failing to take advantage of getting to visit such an awesome museum.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2010-04-02 at 10:07 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1097

Yes, a chained gorilla. There's a skeletal dragon, a couple floors down. Below the floor they have to get to, though.

"I don't know," she says, shrugging. "I tried to ask them once, but I think they're insane."

And, when asked about turning the lights on, she replies, "Some of the ones down there don't like light. I don't know why, though, because I love light. They're just weird, I think." So that means, 'No, the lights stay off over there'.

So then, she starts to go down the left way.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt goes left then.

"But who locks them up then? The Skeleton King?" He'll keep an eye on the various cells to see if any of the prisoners look not undead or beast-like.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #1099

"Nope. They were all here before he came here." Some of them look like they might be non beastial or non undead, but they look so withered that they might be undead after all. "They're not very talkative, though. Rather boring."

Soon enough, they do get to some spiral stairs that go down, next to a cell that isn't empty. It has a woman in it, probably a fae of some kind, and she looks really depressed. Her hair has grown too long, her large rainbow wings are drooped over her, as she sits in misery.

"Here's the stairs. You found it!" says the girl who has only one eye (but you aren't supposed to know that yet). She'll give Reinholdt a one-armed hug if he's close enough.

((Also, I am leaving right now, to drive through snow and other stuff and night.)) (Bye!)

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

[Dusklands]

For a moment, Erin stumbles as the chill passes up her spine - but then she lunges forwards again, once more lashing out with her staff - Maia's staff - aiming to pin the scuttling spider that's after Zee to the ground with the end of it. Hard.

"Maybe once I would have accepted that, but no more! Now how about you go away - or take back what makes you human instead of discarding it as a weakness!"

She knows a little bit about that...

...also, Erin's getting angry.

Even now, you won't like her when she's angry...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt probably wouldn't let her, but he was distracted by the fae prisoner. Accursed distractions. So he gets one-armed hug and nearly jumps.
    "Eh heh heh heh... Yay?"
    Reinholdt is unnerved and uncomfortable with this. I honestly thinks he just needs more hugs.

If she doesn't eat his soul right then and there or something similar, he'll turn his attention back to the prisoner. "Excuse me. Hi there."

If creepy girl does do something... well then ignore that.

Bye! Don't crash!
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-04-02 at 10:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Orc in the Playground

[Dusklands]

Trent jumps back as the spider stabs at his legs. There's a good reason his armor is rather light. "Down, boy!" He continues the laser barrage on the spider creation. Yay.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

23. - Top - End - #1103

*is back now, and, no, I didn't die or get in a crash. But there was a lot of traffic due to construction*

The Fae prisoner looks up upon hearing him speak to her. She doesn't say anything, but she looks at him with mournful eyes that seem to say "Save me".

There's several chains holding her to the wall.

Red notices that Reinholdt's not moving anymore. "Come on, it's this way..." She starts to pull at him, having not eaten his soul yet. Then, she notices his stare, and what it's directed at. "Oh. Her."

"She's not very talkative. Now, come on."
    Red starts to descend the stairway, with or without Reinholdt.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll catch up later."

He lets Red go on ahead before stepping up to the chains and pulling out his lockpicks to get to work. Presuming they have locks on them. If they don't, then he's got issues.

"What's your name?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #1105

Mountain Cave - East Dungeon - First Basement

She doesn't say anything, to him. She just lowers her head and looks at the ground. If he looks at her hands in her lap, which have the chains and elaborate locks on them, he could notice that her hands are bloody. Bleeding, from a fairly fresh wound.

Then, if Reinholdt continues to follow her gaze down to the ground, he'll notice something written in the dim light, written in blood, and in an arc around her because her movement is limited.

Cerridwen Iceshimmer
    Some of her icy blond hair falls in front of her face, as she looks down.
    Last edited by Je dit Viola; 2010-04-03 at 01:47 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Cave - East Dungeon - First Basement

I can't see what's in the quotes. I think it happens when white color tags are put around the quotes.

Does the wound look like it was the result of her struggling to get free or does look like it's from some other cause?

Regardless, there are locks. Locks can be picked. Reinholdt is good at picking locks. He starts doing that. Or trying anyways.

"You'll be out in no time."

((deadtime for sleep))
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #1107

Mountain Cave - East Dungeon, B1

Oh...sorry.
    Well, it says, "Cerridwen Iceshimmer", which is her name.

It, honestly, looks like it was self-inflicted, while writing the words (with her own blood). She somehow knew that someone would come and ask her name.

They'll be very difficult to unlock, and she still doesn't say anything, but she watches him, and it could eventually unlock.

((Goodnight!))
    Last edited by Je dit Viola; 2010-04-03 at 01:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Cave - East Dungeon, B1

... There's gotta be healthier ways to share your name. Otherwise, just don't share it.

"Cerridwen Iceshimmer? Is that your name?"
    Well lockpicking is half-patience I suppose. Since these are some of the more difficult locks he's come across, he decides to go at it slowly and steadily, concentrating on them alone. So he probably won't even notice if she nods affirmation.

If they just refuse to come unlocked in a reasonable amount of time, Reinholdt has a few other options to choose from.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dusklands]

A giggle.

"Come now Erin, how many times have you said that? And how many times have you proved them worthless when you have succumbed to my touch? And don't think that voice inside your head is me, do you really think I would be so whiney and pathetic? Let me take all your troubles and that little fragment of mind away from you."

30. - Top - End - #1110

Mountain Cave - East Dungeon - B1

But she asked his name, and she had to answer. That was the only way that she had enough time to do. Plus, she's a fae, and has pointy ears, and they never think straight, I don't think.

She gives a single nod, then looks down again, moving her head slowly, watching him pick the locks.

The locks on her wrists come off easily and timely, but the leg braces are much more difficult. Honestly, though, they're just more difficult and are taking too long because I want to see Reinholdt's backup plans.

Cerridwen's hair also seems to shimmer, slightly, in the sparce torchlight.