Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [A/T]Inside 16 (Read First Post)

[Sanctuary Fortress]

"I'm still hungry, yes. I could go for anything right now. Even some corpse starch."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jericus is still trying to avoid her eyes at the moment, though he's extremely grateful she hasn't let go yet. "Can...can we go somewhere more private to talk? It feels uncomfortable to do it out here." It's the truth, and he really wishes to be alone with her for a while to try and get her more comfortable with how he is.

(No, not that way you sick people! )

3. - Top - End - #843
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

"Corpse starch?"
    Dyna makes a rather sour face at even the mention of that. "What's corpse staaare... you know what? I don't want to know. I would imagine that soup and barley loaves are better anyway."

And thus she'll lead Connie to the soup table!

Today they're serving tasteh clam chowder and actual wheat loaves. Usually they fix barley, so that's quite the treat!

The parishioner at the table bows politely to the pair as they approach. "Good afternoon. Are you two hungry? I would be more than happy to serve you."

Several nearby hobos watch.

Warily.

Non-hobos are eating their free food!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Orc in the Playground

"I would just like a small bowl please. No bread." Connie doesn't realizes the hobos are staring at him. He's much to concerned about getting some soup.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Andromeda briefly wonders about his motives, but brushes the thought aside. For three years she's been working beside him and he was like this. Why would he try anything now? "Sure. Where do you want to go?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

Meidani nods. Fair request. My name is Meidani, I'm a Zenith Caste Solar Exalted.

As for why... I was involved in putting those ghouls down- I want to make sure there isn't another incident like that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fortress Sanctuary]

Jericus stands, keeping hold of her hand if possible, She'll note that he's still shorter than she is. "I won't be able to go back to the ship like this." He says sadly. "I'll have to shift back to get through to our room."

8. - Top - End - #848

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    [Misspelled Cemetary]

And a sleeveless arm reaches past Magtok, putting claws on the stone. "I swear an oath on this magical-what-cha-ma-call-it, stone thingy, that I won't mention a word of this to any person who isn't here right now. And that Magtok won't die anytime soon." Elle looks at Magtok wryly, and gives him a toothy grin, with a fierce sparkle in her eyes. "Sorry I'm late. Got held up by lunch. ...and you should learn a new song, Magtok. Really."
    Magtok smiles back. It's been a while since he last saw Were-Elly, and that time away has certainly helped with getting over the nightmarish terror and fear of her new form he had last time.

I'm sure the clones will have an entirely different tune to sing once our little intern complications are sorted out. Or I'll have to reach in there and fix them all up by hand.

The cyborg's face scrunches up at the thought of having to repeatedly cut open his own head and dig through it for hypnosis chips.

So what do you think we should ask for? I'm thinking he's going to be giving out magical stuff as the prizes, and I don't really care to use the stuff myself, but if there's something you want...
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

9. - Top - End - #849
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Misspelled SCemetary]

"Well. Magical prizes." She tilts her head thoughtfully, and scuffs the ground with her foot... "How about a ring?" She growls, staring at him in all seriousness... for the required pause of a few seconds that it'll take for him to get paranoid. "Nah. Only joking." She smiles mischeviously, and then shrugs at the question, "I don't know. Magic isn't something I know a lot about."
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

"That would be safest" Andromeda agrees.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #851
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Misspelled Cemetary]

Warren nods to Shangai. " Right, well lets get this show on the road then. Hopefully my monk routine isn't too rusty. " He says and cracks his knuckles before pulling out a deck of cards. They don't look like face cards though.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jer nods and suddenly, he looks like the one Andromeda knows best. he breathes out and sighs. "I guess it's best if we go now before we're interrupted."

13. - Top - End - #853

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Like their commander looking for them to inform them of an upcoming mission? Would that count as interruption?

*ahem*

Dyna considers the Exalt's question for a while. Mostly in the form of looking rather thoughtful and peering at the other woman in a fairly odd fashion. What the peering has to do with anything Rebo really isn't sure, but that seems to be what she's doing at the moment.

Peeeeer.

"Do you have any past experience with Deranged Cultists?"
    she inquires once the peeeeeering is over.

Connie, meanwhile, gets some soup!

Hooray!

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Some, yes. Several... rather nasty incidents.

Due to my status as a Zenith Caste, I'm also more effective against creatures of darkness. I'm also not bad in a fight.

Including managing to fight in flowing dresses! And it actually helps her style!

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #855

Mispelled Cemetary

Magtok's eyes widen in fear and he does indeed get paranoid in the moment, even for a second or two after she lets him know it was just a gag.

Well what about an amulet of something resistance or flying boots or a something of bullet reflecting? Assuming bullets are still be a problem with your new bag of tricks, that is.

He then sits quietly and listens as questions and stuff gets answered, before they get to the end.

So these people we're visiting...would you say they consider themselves particularly moral? If one of us appeared to be in jeopardy and hadn't done anything yet to look suspicious, would they come running to play hero?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

16. - Top - End - #856
    Banned

[Misspelled Cemetary]

Ebon Mirror looks thoughtful. "The Pathwalkers would, certainly. The Surgeons among the Sodalities, probably as well. With other people, it depends."

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

"Let's go, then." Andy agrees, heading off towards the exit to the streets.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Unfortunately for both Andy and Jer, they're liable to be intercepted by Lazarus. He has a mission for them!
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jericus keeps a wince from showing as they're stopped. "Yes sir?"

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

I've got a mission for us. I don't know where the rest of the team is, but if they can be found, I want them along. There's a Nurgle cult in the city somewhere. We're going to find them.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

21. - Top - End - #861
    Orc in the Playground

There is a new structure adorning the cityscape of Inside. This is a misnomer, actually. More accurately, the new arrival to the cityscape, constructed under the deadtime ooze of construction-is-boring-to-play-out-itis, is a complex consisting of what appear to be 5 main structures.

The more notable four are a group of futuristic, utopian-looking towers arranged in the shape of a Y, with the tower taking the position of the center joint being significantly taller than the outer three towers, by about 40% of the other towers' height. This is harder to make out than it seems, however, due to the odd nature of the fifth 'structure'.

This one is actually surrounding the lower two-thirds of the outer three towers, with all four appearing to be coming out of it from the outside. It resembles an odd set of walls, following along the Y-arrangement of the towers. These 'walls' are in the shape of a highly irregular hexagon. The top side, with the two points of the top of the Y within, is fairly long, with two shorter segments heading downward at an obtuse angle from them. These are very short, and two more long wall segments soon move downward and inwards, speaking from a bird's-eye view, ending a bit after the edge of the bottom tower in the Y-arrangement. A final long segment links these two ends.

However, the 'walls' are not merely walls, but actually enclose the area around the towers, with their own roof. The four towers seemingly erupt out of the top of this structure, while they do actually have the rest of them beneath it. The wall-like structure is built around the towers, linking to them at certain points. The structure is not merely that shape described previously with a flat roof, however-the walls reach to a certain point, then slant upwards and inwards, again from a bird's-eye view. The upward slant stops at the edges of the outer three towers, and from there now forms a flat area, this flatness marred only by the towers.

There are three main entrances to the odd complex, each at the center and bottom of one of the longer wall segments. These are oversized sliding doors, essentially. Each is a long, dull metal slab in appearance. When the entrance is open, these are drawn upward into the wall-structure, and when closed, they drop back down like blast doors.

The complex is guarded by normal military and ISF elements alike, landspeeders patrolling the ground outside with the silent gunships patrolling the skies above. The main soldiers guarding the area are ISF troopers, as they are more specialized for urban warfare. Several rapid-fire pulse laser turrets (laser chaingun turrets, essentially) are mounted on the slanted portions of the outer structure, with a single heavy turbolaser turret mounted at the upper central area of each slanted area of the longer sides.

There are two enclosed bridge-like structures linking each of the three outer towers to the main building. The lower one is within the wall-esque structure, and the upper one is visible from the outside, linking the upper areas of the outer towers with the main, central one. To avoid confusion, there are two of these per outer tower, putting the total count at six.

This is the [Acro-Imperial Government Complex], acting as a somewhat less military administration area compared to the main HQ or ISF HQ.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2010-03-24 at 09:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

22. - Top - End - #862

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Dyna blinks, looking rather baffled there for a moment. "Creatures of... darkness...? You think that...?"

Then a soft chuckle and a shake of the head.

"Geeze, you really don't have a clue what we'll be going up against, do you? The servants of Manterok aren't creatures of darkness. They're things that transcend the very concepts of good and evil and predate the dance of the stars themselves. Charms and tricks that work on whatever shambling undead you have back home will be useless where we're going. We're going to be fighting things that warp the very fabric of reality to their whims and maintain stasis of form through sheer force of will."

A dramatic pause!

"And they're really gross."

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

That's just an ability. To answer your question, yes, I do have experience taking down deranged cultists. And I can handle horrors like that as well.

Dyna seems to be missing something.

Namely, Creatures of Darkness has nothing to do with Good/Evil in Exalted.

{{Rebo, OOC, do you not want Meidani to be involved?}}
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-03-24 at 11:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Andromeda grimaces. She hated nurgle cultists. They were always filthy. "Understood sir. Are there any leads?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jericus snarls, almost hisses. He hated cultists. Any cultists at all. Ever since his brother had been captured and turned to the forces of Chaos.

Jer had killed him and never looked back.

"We'll gladly cleanse them. Where are they?"

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

[Sanctuary Fortress]

We do. Apparently there was a cult a while back that got removed. We'll be checking out their old safehouse first. I doubt there will be anything there, but it's always good to double check.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #867

((It's a weird fit. The people going on the little trip is the 40k team and one local Warden that they drafted (Dyna). In an IC sense it would be doubtful that Lazarus would let a complete stranger tag along. From an OOC standpoint the actual power level that will be used here will be fairly low. Exalts tends to be anything but low power. And from a thematic standpoint high heroic fantasy doesn't mix well with gritty Gothic grimdark.))

Rebo now glares at the OOC text.

Viiiiiles OOC text!

*ahem*

Dyna looks somewhat unconvinced as yet. But finally settles on simply shrugging. "We've got a team of specialists that have been trained specifically for this kind of work. I'm something of their local contact and the rest of them are pretty tight. I dunno if Inquisitor Lazarus will let you tag along with just your word to go by."

28. - Top - End - #868
    Banned

[Misspelled Cemetary]

Ebon Mirror looks around the group for any more questions.

((If anyone in the plot has any more questions or needs to have their character do something, now's the time.))

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Eh. Then can we just retcon Meidani asking out, then?}}

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #870

Cemetary

Will fails to have any questions.

Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards