Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 591
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    industrious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mordor
    Gender
    Male

    Default To Gain the Spark IC

    The two figures stared at each other from across the gear. Their faces held identical expressions; nodding once to seal their pact. There had been much discussion between the two the past few decades; now they had begun. Turning on their heels, black and white robes flowing behind them, they began to walk away from their meeting place, and back to their domains. There was work to be done.

    The Call came in many forms and through many signs, but it came nonetheless. It came in the form of a hushed meeting in the Sixth Circle, in the form of an order from On High. It came in the form of a Demon Lord, his breath hot against a succubus's ear, in a peculiar form of wanderlust, in the tug of a wing this way. But no matter the form, the Call was the same.

    The moon was empty that night; the sky devoid of the stars or clouds; a mere blank piece of firmament over a sleeping world. The wooded isle was unnaturally quiet: neither owl nor wind nor cricket disturbed the silence. Then you came into the clearing the midst of the woods, a perfect circle in its center. There is a table, plain and unadorned, and chairs made from a gray wood; they glow softly in the night. The world is quiet here, waiting. You had been Called here. And you are not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

    The Maze of Madness

    Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    We hear it, deep in our mind. Too long ago, the Tyrant's voice said 'go'. Now. Finally. A voice says 'come'. But it is not a Tyrant's voice. Not the call of the ships, nor the call of the Hive. The Overmind is dead.

    Yet still we are called.

    We do not know who could call a Tyranid so, when no other Tyranid remains who would. We do not know why they would call a species so despised the Gods Themselves cast us down.

    But we do know that we will find out. One way or another.

    After all... what have we to lose? The breeders are all dead. We cannot revive the Hive: We are nothing but an echo. The strange voice calls, and we shall answer.

    It is perhaps a shame we never learned to craft boats. But a log and patience served well enough, and we are here now.

    We can feel it calling to us...

    It comes from within, from the center. This is peculiar - we see nothing there that could have called. Perhaps it is hidden from our senses. Few things can... but then, few things could have called us.

    The forest is still and silent. Maybe it mourns for our passing, as we do. Druids always claim nature to be sentimental, after a fashion. It never spares the individual, but will allow the pack to survive... Perhaps it forgave even us.

    Or perhaps the power that called us wants nothing else to bear witness.

    What was that phrase the humans taught us?

    Common: "It is better to light a forest on fire than to curse the darkness."
    In an almost instinctive move, the insect reaches up with its upper right arm, and runs the claws at the end along the Scythe-shaped claw above its right shoulder. The claws on the upper right arm burst into a bright, but oddly green flame. This does not seem to bother the insect much.

    The sound is still wrong. Too sharp, too crystalline. To be expected, we suppose. Our throat is not as soft as theirs is.

    Here we have it... our goal. A table. And chairs. Hm. Biped chairs. They are always biped chairs.

    There is something else here. Not the caller. We hear... we smell... we are not sure. We will go to the table, and we will wait.


    Common: "I know there is something out there. You should show yourself. I am not in the mood for hunting you."

    But we will...

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    The air ripples, as if it were water disturbed by a pebble. The ripple flows outwards a ways, then from its center, glowing tendrils emerge, wrapping themselves around the edges of the rippling surface one by one before pulling something through space with little more effort than wrenching open a stuck door. Typhae steps out into the circular clearing, a few of her wings fading away as the power she called on disperses, but there are still a great many surrounding her. A quick eye can count up to twenty four pairs of wings gently drifting behind her, floating languidly.

    Her eyes are inquisitive, darting around to pick up hints of what had called her here, investigating the surrounding landscape. Similarly, her wings spread outwards, seeking strange scents and feels, while her mind sweeps even further, touching on anything that seems unfamiliar. Which, of course, means she notices 'trix very quickly.

    Still, she seeks out other things as well, anything else that might be around. One of her wings crawls over a chair, trying to determine its precise nature, whether it has magic on it, and of course, whether it would feel nice to sit in.

    For the moment, she says nothing, just studying the location in curious silence.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    shadowedsoul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    An indistinct form steps out of the night, his eyes instantly beginning a sweep of the area. Taking note of the two... women at the table he explores the rest of the island quickly before approaching the table.
    Who are you and why are you here?
    He asks as he finally approaches the table.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot-(1d20+40)[58]
    Listen-(1d20+35)[47]

    Hide-(1d20+83)[101]
    Move Silently-(1d20+59)[72]
    I have the Darkstalker feat, so even blindsighted folk gotta check to notice me and am spending a swift action each round to activate Assassin's Shadow step while exploring.

    Utilizing Hat of Disguise to appear as Caleb (Disguise-(1d20+39)[43]
    Currently in Assassin's Stance.
    Active Effects-Blindsight 60 ft. Shadow Form, Nondetection (DC 35 caster level check), Tongues, Immune to Detect Thoughts, Discern Lies and any attempt to magically discern my alignment.

    Readied Maneuvers-
    Five Shadow Creeping Enervation Strike
    Sudden Death
    Shadow Blink
    Stalker in the Night
    Death in the Dark
    Diamond Nightmare Blade
    Crimson Slash
    Razorstorm
    Last edited by shadowedsoul; 2010-03-07 at 08:48 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Serah

    She was worried. The invitation had hadn’t been a surprise and she’d complied with the care she always took when entering His palace. She’d expected to be assigned back to the borders, a task she wasn’t looking forward to, but one she was ready to follow. Instead he passed on the call to her. She’d seen the signs, something was going to happen soon, and she’d spent the last few weeks preparing for whatever it may be, but… She’d planned on acting on her own accord. Now she was going as His eyes. To an observer, this difference may have been insignificant, but for her it meant the world.

    It meant she was being watched…

    Whatever profit she had hoped to obtain, anything she would prefer to keep hidden, whoever she’d be forced to answer to, He would know of it. Perhaps she’d been naive to think she could have ever acted unseen, in the end she was still bound by his shackles. She’ll be free of the eventually, she knew it, but until… Like a good, loyal little servant, she followed through.

    She stepped into the material some distance from the island and then she faded, entering the ethereal. In a moment, the waters below her become a circular clearing and she found herself flying over a set of tables and chairs. There were creatures there so far, both… unique. Interesting, for Him to care there must be something more than this though. Are they mere eyes too? She stays hidden in the ethereal, watching them through the gray filter.
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2010-03-07 at 09:01 PM.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Having decided that the chair was, indeed, comfortable- or at least interesting enough to try sitting in, Typhae drops into the seat without further ado, settling into it sideways, with her back resting against one arm rest, and her legs over the other, mostly so her wings would have somewhere to be- but partially because it was more interesting to sit that way.

    She isn't overly concerned about the presence of others- she'd long ago learned her own capabilities and the relative competency of others, so she had difficulty feeling worried about what anyone could do to her, so she just decides to let them reveal and introduce themselves as they wish.

    ...which happens relatively soon. She hadn't quite noticed him before though. Huh.
    "Do I need a reason to be here?"
    Her voice sounds much more innocent and curious than defensive.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    "We think you do, yes."
    Pronouns, pronouns. Remember: Speak in the singular. We will only confuse the individuals if we do not.
    "I think we all have one... even us."
    Although we wish we had a reason that raised fewer questions...
    "Ours was simple enough. We felt something calling us here, and we came. We had nothing more pressing to attend to."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Gram - Warden Archon

    The orders had been unexpected, certainly.

    As a Warden, he had spent the vast majority of his life on the Walls, and an assignment elsewhere had never occurred to him. An assignment "until the foreseeable future" was the strangest of all, but he was a soldier, and a soldier followed orders. The Warden bowed his head in concentration on the plains of Celestia.

    ...

    Far above the table, perhaps a quarter of a mile distant, is a flare of light, followed almost immediately by a thunderclap of sound. Something plummets from the sky, like a meteor in the dark, and moments later the ground is rent in an explosion as a great white mass creates a crater. A plume of dirt explodes skyward.

    The dust settles, and standing in the crater is a massive bear, with snow white fur and gleaming mail. The bear stands on his hind legs, towering above the others. His eyes twitch, assessing and plotting, taking in the invisible and visible creatures present.

    His vision pierces even more deeply through the magic, and his eyes flash with recognition when he spots two creatures in particular for who they truly are--an overwhelming aura of evil emanating from them. His right hand drifts towards the blade at his hip, as his body seems to sink towards the ground in a more comfortable, but tensed position.

    He does not speak, but his eyes plainly ask the question: Who are you?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Martial Stance: Child of Shadow
    Active: See Invisible, Tongues, Magic Circle against Evil, Aura of Menace (Will DC 26)
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2010-03-07 at 11:27 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Serah

    Nodding to herself, Serah gently makes contact with the ground. Even if the many-winged woman had already noticed her, the longer it took for the human to see her like this, the better. Her own wings shrink into her back, as she become 'human'. After a deep breath, she truly steps into the material, fading in behind one of the chairs, to the side opposite to the human.

    She was reminded, once again, that few things ever are as they seem. The insect and the woman where both out of her net, but at this point, they were the least of her worries. The other 'human' was playing the same game she was. Now... who's eyes are you?

    She doesn't hesitate, she simply takes a seat. "Maybe if you answered your own question first, they'd give you a real answer. I'd have to agree with them though, its only common courtesy." She keeps her gaze locked on the 'human'.

    ---

    At least, she intended to keep her gaze, if not for the giant having caught her in the act. She turns to him, still in her seat, and moving a hand to her for, begins to laugh. Things where going swell. She blinks out of existance and reappeares instantly having put the table and the human between her and the bear. Her wings are back, there was really no use hiding them anymore. "I'm just someone who's desperate to know what this spot will bring tonight! We've got eyes and ears from all over the wheel now!" She doesn't draw her own weapon, or even make a move to reach for it. She simply motions the archon to come on over and prepares to teleport once again if the bear makes his move.
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2010-03-08 at 12:01 AM.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Typhae

    "Wow, a flying bear with a sword. That's pretty new."
    Remarks Typhae, at the appearance of Gram. However, seeing that the succubus and the... well, flying bear, were getting ready for combat one way or another, she shifts her position to be sitting on the table, her wings spreading out to cut them off from each other.
    "Hey now, this place looks kind of nice. Don't mess it up with fighting, alright?"

    Typhae is relaxed and confident, certain that she could single handedly opposed everyone here and win. Hopefully it won't have to be proven to her how wrong she is.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    The Warden does not move, but simply watches, eyes flitting between the four figures around the table, but never truly leaving the two evil outsiders.

    He shifts his stance, and extends his other senses, trying to discover any hints of a trap or ambush around him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shifting to Hearing the Air. Also using Scent. I know it won't turn up anything (other than plot devices), but Gram doesn't.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    shadowedsoul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Remaining calm through the commotion, Calebros' form begins to waver and he has his knives drawn before the earth spray from the bear-beast's landing clears. At the woman's sudden motion he tenses slightly, ready to spring into action at any time.
    Put your weapon away Celestial, we are both law-keepers, and I have no personal quarrel with you at this time.
    He says in celestial before turning to the demon (without giving the celestial his back).
    As for you, keep your distance from me and your tricks away to yourself and I see no reason why we can't each live through this night.
    He growls out in abyssal at her.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Same active effects as before.
    Also readying an action to dimension door if anyone moves any closer to Calebros than they are now.
    Last edited by shadowedsoul; 2010-03-07 at 11:59 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    So, who do we have here...

    "This place does not seem to us to have been intended as an arena. But we hope we are not required to wait around long for our answers. The bear is making us hungry."

    Making us acknowledge hunger, at any rate. Still, things could be worse - we could still be feeling the hunger of a billion drones at once, rather than just one.

    "Should we have a quarrel with any of you? We are not sure. Certainly, we doubt we could get along with all of you. You just seem to be too... divided... for that."

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Serah

    "Oh please... 'Law-Keeping?' If Mr. Bear over there didn't like your smell, than you're no better than me." She continues, greatly enjoying the irony. "I just don't hide it."

    Nevertheless, she returns to her seat, turning her back to Archon and facing who she assumed now was a devil, it was just a matter of knowing which caste. She finds the insect woman rather amusing too. "Let the record show that it was the servant of heaven that made the air so tense. But, no, don't 'have a quarrel', let him finish what he started if he really intends to."
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2010-03-08 at 10:47 AM. Reason: fixed the color
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    The bear is slow to answer, concentrating instead on what he perceives with his senses: the scent of the forest, the new breeze, and a decided lack of animals. They were often smarter at avoiding danger than humamoids, after all.

    When he does, it is a slow rumble, as deep as the earth, if not quite as ancient.

    "Hrmm. My weapon, you say? I am - hrmm - not the one with bared steel, - hrmm - Child of Darkness." His eyes trace the lines of the outsider's sword.

    Yet he remains in a posture of readiness, still expecting the trap to be sprung.

    "Would you - hrmm - be so kind as to tell me why you are here?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a signature crest on his armor. If you can make the knowledge DC, you'll be able to identify him. Speaking of, I'm off to read everyone's backstories.
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2010-03-08 at 07:47 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Typhae

    "Would you be polite enough to answer why you're intruding before anyone else answers?"
    Typhae asks, one her wings twitching at the Archon.
    "Because you know, we were all here first."

    Typhae actually doesn't really mind if he's polite enough or not, she's curious to find out just what manner of being she's dealing with. Will he follow the more polite and codified realm like many archons would, or will he refuse and prove himself somewhat different- and perhaps a little arrogant and presumptuous?

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    "Hroom. There is nothing for me to hide, - hrmm - for I do not know."

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Serah

    "Come on now," Serah turns around, taking a seat on the table to face the archon "you don't expect us to believe you came here on a whim? You're a warden, a guardian tasked with watching over the heavens." This last bit she said in an exaggerated, mocking tone.

    "If I'm here, and our 'friend' back there is here, then you seem to have lost your way. Who forced you to come here?" She was enjoying herself.
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2010-03-08 at 10:48 AM.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Anger flares in the great bear's eyes at the accusation that he would be lying. Great muscles flex and tendons pop, but he remains where he is. He voice continues its plodding pace, but much more quietly--a stark warning evident.

    "Do not - hrmn - question my integrity - hroom - child; for I never lie. I do not know my purpose, only - hrmm - that I was commanded."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Typhae

    "Well, you didn't tell us that you were ordered here, so really, you were leaving something important out."
    Typhae points out, frowning a little.
    "Don't get mad at us for pointing that out."

    "As for me, I am here because I feel like it. Just a whim, no reason to it besides a feeling. But that's pretty common for me"

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Serah

    "Ah, then we share more in common than I thought... I was ordered to come here too. Someone back home wants to know whats going to happen here tonight." She crosses her legs and playfully puts a hand on her chin, as if trying to think. "Amazing that the heavens share interests with the Abyss, don't you agree?"

    She turns her head back and looks at the winged woman at the table from below. "Really? Your whims seem to have brought you to something big then."
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2010-03-08 at 11:11 AM.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Typhae

    Typhae gives a little smirk at Serah.
    "The interests of angels and demons are of course intertwined, if only in opposition to one another. Even with that aside, they have a lot in common. Perhaps more than either side would want to admit, but as an observer, I don't have quite as much bias."

    Her eyes twinkle a bit and her smirk grows into a grin.
    "As for my whims, they may be slightly less irrational than those of others. I tend to sense things that other people don't, even if I don't fully comprehend what I'm feeling."

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
     
    shadowedsoul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Quote Originally Posted by mhvaughan View Post
    "Hrmm. My weapon, you say? I am - hrmm - not the one with bared steel, - hrmm - Child of Darkness."[/highlight]
    Ignoring the demon's jibes, Calebros turns to face Gram.
    You're a bear.
    He replies with a shrug.

    So I'm not the only one that was ordered here. Seems the Wheel has some surprises in store tonight.
    He thinks, smirking a little at the bear's indignation.
    Last edited by shadowedsoul; 2010-03-08 at 11:32 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    The great bear sighs.

    "You are not - hrmm - assaulting the walls of Celestia; therefore I have not laid my own steel naked.

    "Hrmph - Tell me plainly, do you intend to do me - hrmm - harm? If not, sheathe your weapon, let us have an accord, and let us discover our purpose here."


    It is his longest sentence yet, and the others are likely grateful when it finally ends.

    He waits patiently for a response, watching with a wary eye. The others at the table are finally beginning to filter through his mind, and the strangeness of the hive mind registers in the deeper currents of his brain.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+26)[34]
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2010-03-08 at 12:38 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    "Such is not always the way of the Celestial. We remember... oh, yes, we remember. The hosts of Heaven assailing us. We will not say we were blameless. We had slaughtered and eaten entire worlds: Such a hive cannot claim to be innocent. But we were not threatening *you*."

    A little laughter. There was an odd clicking sound in 'trix's approximation of laughter - anyone watching closely would notice this stemmed from her mandibles touching, almost like they were clapping.

    "At least, not immediately threatening you. Had the hives grown for long enough, then perhaps... that war would have been more even. But it was not."

    Turning slightly to address the group around the table instead of the Archon in particular, she continues: "They killed the breeders - all of the breeders - in their first attack. Appear in the center of the hive, murder anything that could have made more of us, and disappear. Then cut our drones down once the hive was already Dead. Most of us did not even bother to fight after that first assault. What would have been the point? As a species, we are already extinct. There will be no new Tyranids. Nothing survives that could have created them."

    Here, 'trix slouches against the back of one of the 'uninhabited' chairs. Her upper set of arms (7" claw arms) were folded along the top of the chair's back, and her hands were resting on the arm-rests.

    "We just wish we could hold a grudge against them for that. But we know... were the positions reversed... we would have done the same. Remove the threat before it truly became one.

    We... I... wish you had not been so soft-hearted as to leave some of us alive, sometimes. It is no pleasant thing, to watch our race die out. Every voice fall silent... every thought, mine alone. We suppose we could fashion a grudge from such a grievance... but we see little point. The death of Celestial Beings will not return the Hive. It all seems so... pointless... somehow.
    "
    Last edited by whoiam; 2010-03-08 at 01:06 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    The Warden stares in shock as the thing speaks. Its like he has never encountered before, to be sure, and with fresh eyes he takes in the details of its form, color, and many appendages.

    He has no idea how to respond to it.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    industrious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mordor
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    "Hardly pointless. Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to Call you here now, would they?" A tall, slim figure emerges from nothingness. Robed in plain black, you are unable to distinguish his actual features. He smiles patronizingly.

    "It was necessary. Not only because of the threat then, but because of the one now." Another figure appears, identical to the first save for a white robe. His expression is solemn. "Please, sit down. All of you."

    It is an odd feeling to look at either of them. While the outsiders are used to getting a certain...sense from people, their personal moral directions, these two betray nothing. Beyond the range of your physical senses, they might as well not exist.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-03-08 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

    The Maze of Madness

    Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Gram had heard nothing, smelt nothing, seen nothing. In all his years of life, he had never--never--been unable to tell the innermost nature of a being simply be examining their soul. Law, evil, good, chaos, even neutrality--all of these were a stamp on a person's heart that he could read in an instant, magical techniques of hiding them be damned.

    But these two people--these he could not read, and the realization was more disconcerting than that of finding a a demon and a devil reclining at table together. They did not fit inside his neat little boxes, and therefore they might as well not even exist.

    He did not like the feeling.

    Gram does not move an inch, still rooted to his spot at the brim of his crater.

    "Who are you?"

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ryuuk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    MX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Serah

    If they really did slaughter millions and set worlds ablaze, then perhaps it was best for those mortal demons to be extinct. There was already enough competition. Their hosts reveal stops this train of thought though.

    Her manerisms stop being as playful or mocking, there were more important things now than toying with the archon. They are here, but not here... closer to vestiges than anything else, but... She takes a seat, and waits for the others to do the same.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

    Typhae

    The sudden emergence of these men and the... lack of feeling they emitted makes Typhae frown a little. There were only a few things that had that quality, and considering their silent, apparently unnoticed appearance, she rather wondered if they were simply a cunningly crafted illusion.

    On the other hand, it was possible that they had attained a mental state that prevented her from detecting them. There were a very few number of the gith who had been able to do something like that in their meditations, but that usually was brief and took a great deal of schooling.

    Of course, she knew that she could do such a thing just with the power of her wings, separating out any of the effects that would seek to touch her before they even arrived.

    As she's already sitting in a seat (having slipped off the table after a short time of sitting there), and they don't have any questions for her, she remains silent for the moment.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2010-03-08 at 03:13 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •