New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default SWSE silly optimization trick

Me and MCturbo (mostly MCturbo) have brainstormed this monster up

You could use the droidification rules (Scum and Villainy) on cybernetic enhancements and give them a heuristic processor making them eligible for heroic levels. Getting a lot of these and giving them soldier levels means they could get harms way for some truly silly hijinks, namely being near immune to damage thanks to them. In addition a weapon could count as being wielded by both you and the arm-droid so you could shoot it with the actions of both.
    Now another trick.
    There is a prestige class which has a talent that has it gain an extra attack every time an adjecent creature attacks.
    Get two of these.
    Get them adjecent
    Stab someone.
    Have fun with infinite attacks
    For added fun, make your arm-droid one of these! You could get infinite attacks using your arm.

So.. do these work?
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: SWSE silly optimization trick

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Me and MCturbo (mostly MCturbo) have brainstormed this monster up

You could use the droidification rules (Scum and Villainy) on cybernetic enhancements and give them a heuristic processor making them eligible for heroic levels. Getting a lot of these and giving them soldier levels means they could get harms way for some truly silly hijinks, namely being near immune to damage thanks to them. In addition a weapon could count as being wielded by both you and the arm-droid so you could shoot it with the actions of both.
    Now another trick.
    There is a prestige class which has a talent that has it gain an extra attack every time an adjecent creature attacks.
    Get two of these.
    Get them adjecent
    Stab someone.
    Have fun with infinite attacks
    For added fun, make your arm-droid one of these! You could get infinite attacks using your arm.

So.. do these work?
    IIRC, droidification increases the size of the device by one step, and I'm pretty sure you can't have cybernetic devices that are larger than the normal size (IE you can't have a large arm on a medium character). Also, this would be really, really expensive, and would be entirely up to your GM to give you enough credits to do this as SWSE does not have a WBL system.

As for the PrC infinite attack thing - pretty sure it's limited to once per round or encounter, as most of these abilities are. What PrC are you talking about?
    Last edited by Grynning; 2010-03-11 at 02:33 PM.
    My friend and I have a blog, we write D&D stuff there: http://forgotmydice.com/

Comedian avatar by The_Stoney_One

A Guide to Commonly Misunderstood 5th Edition Rules

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: SWSE silly optimization trick

How about making the arm small originally? It enlargens making it a valid cybernetic enhancement. it's a droid but it still cybernetics too

Oh yeah, we missed the once per encounter limit there then. Trick disproven.
    Oh and the prc was Outlaw.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2010-03-11 at 02:41 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!