New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Does a demolition weapon crystal bypass a warforged's light fortification [3.5]

(same for whatever the gravestrike equivlent for constructs was called)

RAMS is a solid yes, but does it work under RAW?
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2010-03-13 at 12:14 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Does a demolition weapon crystal bypass a warforged's light fortification [3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    (same for whatever the gravestrike equivlent for constructs was called)

RAMS is a solid yes, but does it work under RAW?
    No, it doesn't defeat light fortification. The Greater Demo Crystal permits them to be sneak attacked as though they were living creatures. It doesn't defeat a special quality that grants partial immunity to crits (which, you'll note, living creatures can have too).

Note: The Demo Crystals do work on Warforged, though they're not super useful honestly.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Does a demolition weapon crystal bypass a warforged's light fortification [3.5]

What the heck is "RAMS"?

Anyway, you may be surprised to learn this, but warforged aren't resistant to critical hits because they're "um... like normal constructs, but like, you know, not totally?" You might think that, since Light Fortification is sort of a compromise between immunity to crits and nothing, but no. It's because of the interlocking plates that cover their bodies.

No, seriously! Check the Unarmored Body feat from Races of Eberron (page 120) if you don't believe me. Warforged who don't have built-in armor lose Light Fortification; it's not an inherent property of the Living Construct subtype at all. Fo' rizzle.
    Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    Abstract positioning, either fully "position doesn't matter" or "zones" or whatever, is fine. If the rules reflect that. Exact positioning, with a visual representation, is fine. But "exact positioning theoretically exists, and the rules interact with it, but it only exists in the GM's head and is communicated to the players a bit at a time" sucks for anything even a little complex. And I say this from a GM POV.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Rules As Make Sense