New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup

Okay, I know that a few people wanted to wait on introducing this faction, at the least I felt like pitching a write-up.

Also, just because they won't be involved right away doesn't mean there can't be forward agents.

S.W.O.R.D.: Spiritual World Organization of Reintegration and Defense
    Spoiler
    Show
    S.W.O.R.D. has been a driving force in the background of the "spiritual world" (that being, the general activity of spiritual activity, mostly in the mortal world). To the various Organizations of Soul Reapers (the Gotei 13, the ARC, the Fae(?)), they are little but shadows, attempting to recollect the lives of those affected negatively by massive spiritual events. In this way, they have evaded their judgment...

...However, underneath the facade of helpful synergy is that of a cold, ambitious organization whose goals reach to the literal heavens: They wish to make the Mortal World self-sufficient. To this end, they have performed assassinations, abductions, and to the knowledge of few, experiments that would make some of the 12th division cringe. While some agents try to take caution with Mortals, they share little such compassion with Soul Reapers, usually seeing them as obstacles; and obstacles are meant to be overcome.

Possible Member Types (In order of likely majority)
    • Quincy
    • Plain-Jane Spiritually Aware Mortals
    • Living Vizards/Arrancar
    • Bount?
    • Unclassified (Mortal) Anomalies (Ex: Orihime Inoue)

Ranking
    The ranking of S.W.O.R.D. is fairly simplistic, and in a way, mimics the order structure of the Espada/Numeros of Las Noches. The top 10 agents are highly classified, high-clearance individuals; they are given fake identities from time to time, to refresh their state of anonymity. From 11 on, the ranks stabilize, a number basically indicating the longevity of the agent's career in the organization.
    Unlike most other spiritual organizations, however, higher numbers aren't necessarily given by being the strongest; it takes a combination of skill, success in operations, and leadership ability.
    • Agent 00: The director of S.W.O.R.D. Identity unknown.
    • Agent 01: "Nero Abel."
    • Agents 02-15: "Empty"
    • Agent 16: ???
    • Agent 17-99: "Empty"

History
    The SWORD organization was established after the first and only Shinigami vs. Quincy war, by an unknown individual. At first, his/her goals seemed innocent enough; s/he gathered various beings of spiritual power, gathered support from several high-class nations (and probably no small amount of support from the Quincy families), and established an organization that would, as a start, make a way for families caught in the crossfire and affected by the aftermath of the war to live on, and cope. Over time, this concept evolved, and Agent 00 became more ambitious in his/her goals. Only the top agents (01-10) have had even a glimpse of the full operations Agent 00 has gone through to reach the goals of the Organization...

As the identity of Agent 00 has always been a secret, it's anyone's guess whether it has always been the same person, or changes over time.

[Basically, you have to join to know anything more than that. ]

Technology:
    As a fair number of agents are normal Spiritually Aware Mortals, steps have been taken to create technology to essentially even them out with the rest of the "spiritual world".

Tools: (For lack of a better name) These function by absorbing ambient Reishi much in a way a Quincy does for their arrows, to duplicate the effects of various basic abilities those with innate spiritual talent possess, such as Shinigami's Hoho (flash step, shunpo)

Weapons: Weapons made by SWORD are created to combat the spiritual: In this manner, they absorb small bits of the targets reiatsu to reinforce the attack power of the weapon. The stronger an opponent, the stronger the attack power of the weapon, to a point.

Dials: Spirit Dials are moderately small disks that absorb various kinds of energy, be it spiritual or not. Some dials can absorb the reiatsu of opponents, granting strength/speed/endurance boosts just as a Shinigami or other spiritual being would.

Edit: Forgot something, the tech section. XD
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-03-26 at 05:28 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you Frozen. This thread is getting a bit long, so this way if anyone needs to check on the other character profiles, they can do it without hunting through the backlog.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Indeed, what tacky said.

nothingclever...Do you think you could format Ken's personality entry a bit? Right now it's just a massive blob of text. Paragraphs, and even a line's worth of space here and there, would do wonders. As is, it's very hard to read.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

B-b-but I like blobs of texts. Sure, I guess I'll format it eventually.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A bolt of humorous inspiration struck me.

As you know, one of my characters is Watanabe Kaito, and in the course of the game, he will develop telekinesis.

Currently, he's like Sheldon, from The Big Bang Theory television show, albeit with actual social skills, and a bit less nerdiness.

If things go generally well, and he stays a good guy (i.e., isn't given reason to seek out the less honorable factions or whatnot), he'll end up roughly like a this character (but, you know, male, and without the telepathy).

...If he ends up more villainous for some reason....He'll be like this guy.

Choose wisely.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    S.W.O.R.D.: Spiritual World Organization of Reintegration and Defense
    If the name was intended as a parody of S.H.I.E.L.D. you should know that there is in fact a companion organisation called S.W.O.R.D. - they deal with aliens.

You might want to consider renaming the "dials" as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    So, this brings me a to a question, Prime.

Will you be participating in this new iteration of the game?
    Maybe.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    If the name was intended as a parody of S.H.I.E.L.D. you should know that there is in fact a companion organisation called S.W.O.R.D. - they deal with aliens.

You might want to consider renaming the "dials" as well...
    I realize the dial part. And no, it wasn't, but it was better than the old name (trust me) and it was the first thing I could come up with.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #818
    Halfling in the Playground

I re-posted Yuuki Miyagawa on page 27...still no advice, however.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    I have to say the same thing I said about Feyian's powerser... for such an interesting theme (Aztec holy animal / god), Yuuki's powers are incredibly dull. I don't recall much of Aztec mythology, but what about giving him some more unique powers based on either blood or manipulation of gold?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Honestly? The powers of the character seem...derivative.

By this I mean that his Bankai, as described, sounds like Grimmjow's release, barring color patterns. His shikai's ability to fire off those golden arcs of metal sound an awful lot like Desgarrón, albeit weaker.

As an Arrancar, he might work somewhat. But as a Shinigami...he seems derivative of both Grimmjow and Satoshi; Grimmjow for appearance, Satoshi for "2nd Division Captain whose release is armor".

His personality isn't too bad, though it doesn't feel like an immediate mesh with 2nd Division's overall theme.

If you made this character an Arrancar, I think some tweaking to make him more unique from Grimmjow (at least in general abilities and powers) would work out pretty well.

But he just doesn't feel like a solid Shinigami on his own.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

Since jaguars in Aztec mythology are associated with echoes and earthquakes, how about giving him sonic powers? Or since he's the captain of the ninja division, how about emphasizing his cat-like stealth and ability to fade to the background? Would fit his personality, even. (*cough*catsarelazybastards*cough*)

12. - Top - End - #822
    Halfling in the Playground

Okay. Thanks for the comments...I'll try to base him more on stealth...perhaps the Mayans had a jaguar god...I'm not sure. I'll look, when I have the time.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

13. - Top - End - #823
    Orc in the Playground

Oh yeah the other BleachITP is still going right? Is it to late to make a non combat role character?

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay...basically, I'm looking to edit his powers (specifically his shikai/bankai) to be more reasonable/appropriate. Thanks guys!

Yuuki Miyagawa: Possible candidate for 2nd Division Captain.
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Yuuki Miyagawa
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 167 lbs.
    Hair: Dark purple. Got a problem with that?
    Eyes: Golden
    Actual Age/Apparent: 170/26
    Reiatsu/Speech: Golden
    Division: 2nd division
    Seat: Captain

Appearance: Yuuki Miyagawa is tall and lanky, but still muscular. He has shoulder-length, straight purple hair. It usually appears stringy and in need of a wash-although he is saving up for a deluxe hair straightener. He has forehead-length bangs. His eyes are golden, which makes for an interesting combination with his hair. He wears his captain's haori at all times. He always can be seen wearing a black beaded necklace with a shark fang and a worn cloth bracelet with the kanji for, "Forever yesterday". He usually wears a somewhat apathetic expression on his face, but when he needs to, he looks serious.

Personality: Yuuki is many things, but he is definitely NOT a workaholic (cough lazy cough). When in a fight, he will only get serious once he knows that his enemy will do the same. His unusual apperance has been the source of many discussions among female shinigami. But he doesn't seem to mind this, and in fact, rather enjoys it. However, he can't stand other men commenting on his hair and eyes.

History: When he was a mortal, Yuuki was a general in the Japanese army, and died of a fatal bullet wound when he was 33. Upon arriving in the Rukon district, he became well-known for avoiding senseless fighting but protecting whoever he could. He graduated at the top of his class in the Academy and went on to the second division, and became a captain 14 years ago.

Abilities: Yuuki is a highly skilled assassin, and is very proficient in the areas of stealth, agility, and speed. His shunpo is one of the fastest in the Seireitei. He prefers not to use kido, however.

Zanpakuto: Aztec Jaguar. It's sealed form is an ancient Mayan dagger about four inches long.

Shikai: "Howl, Aztec Jaguar!" (unsure of translations) Upon this command, the dagger melts and morphs into two golden 'gloves' that cover both of Yuuki's hands. The fingers of these gloves end in very sharp points which can be used for slashing. In addition, when Yuuki slashes both of his hands in a downwards X-shape, it creates a thin arc of golden metal that speeds in the direction of Yuuki's slash. Not only is this metal very sharp, but it is also very thin and very fast, making it difficult to deflect.

Bankai: "Sacrificial Aztec Jaguar!" (unsure of translations) In bankai, the golden armor covers Yuuki's entire body in the form of a jaguar. This armor is incredibly hard to break, and acts as a shield towards physical attacks, although is weaker against things such as kido, cero, or bala. Bankai increases Yuuki's speed, strength, agility, sensory perception, and reaction time.
    Powers seem all right, though I agree with Frozen Feet that you could do more with it. No real complaints about the basic personality elements, either.

I would like to know when he went to Academy.

Also, this isn't an actual worry, just a curiosity: what does Yuuki spend his money on, if he needs to save up to acquire a hair straightener? I'd think that Captains would be pretty well-paid.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XtheYeti View Post
    Nickolai Bolas

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 224 lbs.

Reiatsu/Speaking Color: Red

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nick is a tall, decently muscled, and pale. He has flat, longish black hair, green eyes. He wears baggy pants and a black Dire En Grey tee shirt. His style of dress can be described as some what Gothic/JPunk.
    Spoiler
    Show

When his Hollow mask is on he has a Hallow hole right below his sternum that is 2 inches in diameter. Also if his soul is pulled out of his body it does not have arms. It does have Hollow arms when he uses them however. When he has his Hollow arms they look like a more organic version of black full plate armor. They are more curved and rounded, but they definitely seem to be Armor.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nick is a decently friendly guy. But he has something of a temper. And a bit of a mean streak when it comes to people who pick on those weaker then themselves. He is also a avid boxer. He also has a great deal of respect for women, he always is courteous and polite to them and acts in a chivalrous manner. He is very easily angered by anyone threatening a woman, or actually being violent towards one.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nick's father is a Geman naval officer, who was stationed at a near by UN naval base. Nick's mother was a cafe waitress. Nick has never met his father, who probably doesn't know he exists. Nick's grandfather was a wealthy business man who owned a Japanese version of Barns and Nobel. His grandfather died when Nick was 4 years old and his Grandmother was very instrumental in his upbringing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nick is half Hollow. This happened when he was partially eaten by a Hallow while still alive, but before he could be completely devoured the Hollow was destroyed by a Quincy, or a Soul Reaper. (This will happen IC so whichever)

Other Abilities: (he is an awakened human, not a Shinigami, therefore he has no Zampakto)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nick has a pair of identical Hollow arms. They are described in the spoiler in the appearance section He will be able to perform Cerro eventualy, and his arms will be able to grow spiky bits. The spiky bits: Nick's arms are somewhat morphic. As in he can use Reiatsu to alter them, creating spikes, blades and extending the arms. The amount that he can change them depends on how much Reiatsu he uses. He has a 4 word incantation to "summon" his Hollow arms, and he has a Hallow mask that he can take off and put on like a Vizard. However at first he will only be able to summon the arms. Then he will learn to do the spikes. After that Cerro and finally learn to create his mask.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nick also has the ability to eat spiritual beings like a Hollow. He also has the hunger of a Hollow. When he eats either a human soul, or a Hollow he gains there Reiatsu. However his hunger is proportional to how much of his Hollow powers he has gained. When he first gains his powers he simply starts eating more food. But he starts to feel more and more hunger the stronger he gets and the more powers he gains. He can deny his hunger and grow in strength through training instead but it is slower. However, since Shinigami will probably kill him instantly if they find out that he eats Hollows and souls, it's safer...and less ethically unstable...
    I is quoting one more time for any more thoughts and suggestions anyone has.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Connor Darkdart View Post
    Frozen_Feet, I would refrain from putting people in the OP as having a position until more people have posted. It sends a message of "We got here first therefore we get the nice important jobs, now scurry off and go be a unseated or something", even if you didn't intend that. For example, I was thinking about applying for 8 Squad Captain, but now I feel a bit like I would be stepping on his toes, as you've already put him there.
    That's why I wrote, in two separate places of the first post, that you can still aspire for any position. It's easier for me, from a maintainer's point of view, to list character just as "captain of X", untill there's actual competition for the spot.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Orc in the Playground

Eh, it's still pretty misleading. Let's just hold off, eh? Also, Connor, save OOC comments for the OOC, the character thread is for characters.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ettin in the Playground

The reason why I already have the power hierarchy up is because I expect this registry to function when the game starts - sorting the characters now makes re-editing the initial post less of a hassle then. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic that people read the visible text before the spoilers, eh?

19. - Top - End - #829
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The reason why I already have the power hierarchy up is because I expect this registry to function when the game starts - sorting the characters now makes re-editing the initial post less of a hassle then. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic that people read the visible text before the spoilers, eh?
    I know I didn't. Granted, I already know, but.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Perhaps you could compromise, and add "Aspirant" in front of every Captain and Vice Captain on the list? That way, when others "try out" for the position, they don't feel the spot has been "claimed" (assuming they're not playing Johnny-come-lately, and starting midway through trying to claim an already voted in Captain).

Reminder: All Captains will be voted on by the Central 46 (with likely community input). Said Central 46 will be chosen by the community sometime in the near future (to facilitate things going smoothly when we actually transition).

@Conner: Please remove the OOC comment from your post, leaving only the registry entry itself. Thank you.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Perhaps you could compromise, and add "Aspirant" in front of every Captain and Vice Captain on the list? That way, when others "try out" for the position, they don't feel the spot has been "claimed" (assuming they're not playing Johnny-come-lately, and starting midway through trying to claim an already voted in Captain).
    Done. So, who for the Central 46? I think Edge and Zarah are only faction leaders who haven't explicitly witheld, and I half-remember Zarah not wanting to be one.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

Done. So, who for the Central 46? I think Edge and Zarah are only faction leaders who haven't explicitly witheld, and I half-remember Zarah not wanting to be one.
    I with held? O.o When did that happen?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

My memory was too hazy about the subject to mention you. Sorry. But if Zarah withdrew (did he?), that means we're still one short, am I right?

24. - Top - End - #834
    Banned

So...no moar comments or suggestions for me?

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope. You get nothing else.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

My memory was too hazy about the subject to mention you. Sorry. But if Zarah withdrew (did he?), that means we're still one short, am I right?
    We...haven't actually voted yet. I don't know if we've even officially nominated anyone.

Perhaps we should actually officially do so, and see if those individuals explicitly accept or decline?

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

tongue Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Nope. You get nothing else.
    Don't be so mean to the greenhorn.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-03-26 at 06:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Don't be so mean to the greenhorn.
    Which greenhorn?

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ettin in the Playground

tongue Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup

*pokes edit*

30. - Top - End - #840
    Banned

Me is Greenhorn. So...stuff...and...do I actually get nothing else or?