New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: Favorite Familiar/Animal Companion (3.5 DND)

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    They are animals with 1/2 HD, they could be taken without improved familiar. No?
    Eh, they have a bit more than normal animals, namely intelligence and immunity to poison.

I don't know for sure, but I would allow them.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harperfan7 View Post
    Eh, they have a bit more than normal animals, namely intelligence and immunity to poison.

I don't know for sure, but I would allow them.
    Indeed, actually. Which makes me wonder again why they are animals and not magical beast.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fav Famillier?

A Raven named Trevor for my Beguiller, thanks to shared skills he was an excelent Diplomat.
    Also due to the gods of Dice likeing a good joke as much as the next guy Trevor has gotten more Nat 20's on Spot and Listen then anyone in the party.
    As a bit of extra fun it always seems to happen when everyone else rolls a 3.

Fav AC?

A Celestial Dire bear named Tiny for my Druid/Beastmaster. thanks to all the Buffs Tiny had a Strength score a tad north of the gods.
    Crowning glory was Tiny (Fully Buffed) making a Retardedly High Jumpcheck and grappeling a great wyrm red Dragon. end result was a win for us.

HAd anyone ever targeted the druid I would have been boned as almost all my WBL went to Tiny.
    Amazing Ninja Penguin Avatar By Meirnon

Quote Originally Posted by Conjob
    Achievement unlocked! You're a fat loser!
    Quote Originally Posted by A friend of mine
    Intelligence is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Psicrystal... am I doing it right?

Oh ok... Ghostly Visage

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    Oh ok... Ghostly Visage
    Yeah, pretty much this. I made a Dead Necromancer (that never got played :( ) and for the life of me I couldn't decide whether I wanted a Vargouille or a Ghostly Visage. Free fear effects for fun and profit is one thing, but flying bat-head-demon-things that make out with you to turn you into one of them are also win.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    My favourite was Cael's staff. It was an item familiar that he had imbued with his effeminate side, which wound up being all his strong, agressive feelings for some reason. She wound up having a high enough ego score that he basically went around going by his familiars commands, though they generally agreed on what had to be done.

By the end of the campaign, due to a variety of problematic agreements with a celestial (She asked if she could have my child, in exchange for magical knowledge. My response was "But I haven't got a child. Hmm. I guess I need to go get one. How does one go about that?") the staff wound up getting shape changed into a humanoid form. Since they couldn't keep the shapechange up for 9 months, it was decided that Cael should get a belt of gender changing, and that the staff should do the fathering. My explanation as to why I did it this way was because he didn't care too much for imposing himself on others, and more importantly, both the DM and I knew the clause that stated that item familiars tend to be clingy and possessive.

Commented that I was the first male PC to be impregnated by a female item, and the first to equivocate a situation that badly.

BTW, my character was a crazed, yet kind hearted wizard theorist. I imagine this conversation came up some time after his child was born: http://xkcd.com/441/
    From the last time someone posted this topic, because it's long enough to be a pain to type out.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.
    Me: Yeah, a knight in shining armour might just bring her over the edge.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Favorite Familiar
    Skeletal Minion from UA
    Favorite Animal Companion
    Monstrous Spider, with child of winter from ECS

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

AC
    Anarchic Rhino (crazy homebrew PRC)

Familiar
    Either my pseudodragon that severed as the player character to the moron Sorc
    or
    my Dread Necro's Imp who carried my bag of onyx for me, and yet my character was LN. That being said i was a priestess of Wee Jas (just no cleric levels).
    My homebrew
    Official spokesman of the totemist class for gestalt (and proud supporter of parenthetical asides (especially nested ones)). Author of a gestalt handbook
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Did you just put a gear shift on a lightsaber?
    Redneck laser swords only work in manual.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    I quite like rats for my familiars. They're cute, they make good sneaks, and the bonus to Fortitude saves is never a bad thing.
    Same here.

My favorite AC so far has been my dino-themed druid's anklyosaurus.
    Handbooks: (Hosted on the new MixMax forums)
    [3.5] The Poison Handbook
    [3.5] (New) Master of Shrouds Handbook
    [3.5 Base Class] Healer's Handbook

Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Strategos and Jumilk for the awesome Iron Chef trophies!