New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

HalfOrcPirate

Default Tome of battle entry about core classes

I swear there was an entry in the tome of battle about updating the core classes with maneuvers and stuff. I cant find it for the life of me though! Did I dream this up or does this exist?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Tome of battle entry about core classes

I think the bit your referring to just mentions that core classes can take 'martial study' or gain items that grant maneuvers in order to introduce them to the initiator abilities.

obnoxious
    sig
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I houserule that melee-oriented classes can gain access to initiator levels on a 1 for 1 basis (choosing to progress as either a warblade, crusader, or swordsage).
    It does a good deal to bridge the gap in power. The fighter is still inferior to the warblade, though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

A fighter with swordsage's martial progression and all that bonus feats (weapon supremacy and overpowering attack ACF especially) is still inferior to warblade? Haow???

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono22 View Post
    I houserule that melee-oriented classes can gain access to initiator levels on a 1 for 1 basis (choosing to progress as either a warblade, crusader, or swordsage).
    It does a good deal to bridge the gap in power. The fighter is still inferior to the warblade, though.
    Wait, What? A fighter with warblade progression is better than a warblade. All those feats, and heavy armor proficiency! (mostly just feats though) If you let them take swordsage progression that's just ridiculous!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

But wouldn't they need to burn all (or most of) their feats to get the maneuvers? You don't get them automatically, even if your non-martial adept class are now counted without any penalty to your initiator level, don't you?

7. - Top - End - #7

The closest I can think of is the Wyrm of War Soveriegn Archtype in Dragons of Eberron, which technically lets a Dragonwrought Kobold Sorcerer swap spells known for Tiger Claw maneuvers of equal level.

After that, there is the inverse (Arcane Swordsage). But no one wants that kind of broken.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

There's a fan-made one.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf