New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Blade Lords (Sword up!)

Quote Originally Posted by FishAreWet View Post
    Sword is great. I commend you on creating a CR 25 creature that is actually a challenge to a party of level 25 characters.* If someone is hit with Annihilating Strike can ANYTHING bring them back? The same if effectively impossible to make (average DC 90). They don't die so... can they Planeshift back? True Res?
    Technically, no. They no longer exist in the multiverse as we know it, meaning they're just gone. I could add that a deity could return them to existence, but that just feels cheap. Perhaps saying that a custom created epic-spell is the only thing that can do it, and said spell only functions for one creature and only for that specific instance of them being hit with Annihilating Strike.

Oh, and I love that the SLAs are Strength based. I'm at lecture and almost spit out my coffee when I read that. Great job man, this is amazing homebrew. I'll be watching this thread.
    Hahaha! Many thanks, Fish, I appreciate the kind words.

*except epic spells but that goes without saying so just ignore it
    Ironic, since I thought a unique specific epic spell might be appropriate to undo Annihilating Strike. Though, I do kinda tend towards ignoring epic spells entirely (or at least epic spell mitigation).

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Blade Lords (Axe up!)

Apologies for the double post, but the Blade Lord of Axes is up! Sorry to the guy who wanted a more "monstery" picture, but do you have ANY IDEA how hard it is to find a monstrous image that prominently features an axe and no other weaponry?! I gave up after an hour (and cause I found the used image, which is awesome).

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Axes seems great. Why are they all different sizes?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

With the thousand axes ability, you can only use one swift action per round and they last 20 rounds, so technically you could only have 20 active at a time. Even if you use move actions to use the ability as well, it would only be 60 axes.
    Just saying you could get rid of the 1000 at a time limit.
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lightningcat View Post
    With the thousand axes ability, you can only use one swift action per round and they last 20 rounds, so technically you could only have 20 active at a time. Even if you use move actions to use the ability as well, it would only be 60 axes.
    Just saying you could get rid of the 1000 at a time limit.
    Hmm. I meant that to be a free action. I will shift that back. Thanks for the catch.

Zexion: They're different sizes because I like different sizes.

6. - Top - End - #66

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Sorry to the guy who wanted a more "monstery" picture, but do you have ANY IDEA how hard it is to find a monstrous image that prominently features an axe and no other weaponry?!
    It's cool. I just liked the otherworldly nature of the blade lord of chains and was surprised that the blade lord of swords seemed so different. Still, with so much armour, I can pretend that they look like whatever they want underneath that armour. Is the Blade Lord of Axes CN because of spiritual weapon? If so, shouldn't the Blade Lord of Swords be LN and the Blade Lord of Hammers be NG?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

I thought they would all be True Neutral, to be honest. Weapons don't really have an associated alignment. Their users, however...

I suppose axe-wielders are generally more chaotic by D&D standards.

Although, I did make a paladin wielding a greataxe once (a Lawful Good paladin, mind you).
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

The Blade Lord of Axes is Chaotic Neutral due to its overwhelming anger. It has issues containing its fury sometimes, leading it to perform irrational acts, where the other Blade Lords tend towards more balanced actions (True Neutral).

Expect the Blade Lord of Hammers tomorrow. (and maybe even the Blade Lord of Lasers)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Axes is awesome! <3
    Yay for hammers! And lasers! I so desperately want the HammerLord to have an ability called 'Moderation.' Ban target player. XD
    BANHAMMER

And did you consider using a picture of a Warhammer 40K Bloodthirster?
    I guess the Khornate symbol might be unhelpful...
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-03-30 at 09:07 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

I did think about the Bloodthirster, but I couldn't find a picture I really liked. Hammer might be late or not up tonight, as a warning. I'm kinda busy and whatnot.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

(nods)
    Okay.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

12. - Top - End - #72

I did think about the Bloodthirster, but I couldn't find a picture I really liked. Hammer might be late or not up tonight, as a warning. I'm kinda busy and whatnot.
    Oh snap! Expect retribution.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

13. - Top - End - #73

Axes looks pretty good. Not as cool as Swords but still good.

And you might want to rewrite Globe of Axes. As it stands Shadow Evocation can still cast it.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FishAreWet View Post
    Axes looks pretty good. Not as cool as Swords but still good.

And you might want to rewrite Globe of Axes. As it stands Shadow Evocation can still cast it.
    Any suggestions on how to fix that issue, perhaps?

Also, Temotei, if it's late, you can just deal with it, or the Blade Lord of Axes will come to your house to enact bloody retribution (it does that sometimes). Second also, I'll start on it now. I might finish it before I have to go this evening.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Give it some focus like a sliver of metal from the Axelord's axe. So he's sorted, but you can't unless he gives it to you. ^_^

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Give it some focus like a sliver of metal from the Axelord's axe. So he's sorted, but you can't unless he gives it to you. ^_^
    Don't think that stops the Shadow spells, since they don't mention that you need the foci or components.

I'll add a line mentioning that the Blade Lord's power prevents the spell from being duplicated by anything less than deific power.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

...oh. XD It would still be a nice touch tho. <3

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

...oh. XD It would still be a nice touch tho. <3
    Eh, it's technically learnable though, if one befriends the Blade Lord itself. I'd like to keep it that way. It's not gonna be shearing off pieces of its iconic weapon to give to casters that impress it, so I'll leave that off. However, I *might* make something along that theme in the future. (This assumes I log off the damn net and go make Hammer before it's too late >_<)

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

I was working on the idea that it could control the axe with it's mind and split off a bit without making it smaller. XD

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I was working on the idea that it could control the axe with it's mind and split off a bit without making it smaller. XD
    Well, it COULD, but why would it? See, that's effort and interference in the mortal world, both of which are just annoying to deal with.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

...because it'd be cool? besides, teaching an awesome spell is already those things. XD
    NOW IGNORE ME AND GO ACTIVATE HAMMERSPACE
    He needs an ability that functions as an unilimited bag of holding.

22. - Top - End - #82

I think the Axe's ability to break barriers should be reserved for the Hammer. What I'd replace it with? The samurai's abilities from Frank and K's Tome Series.

Parry Magic (Su): At 8th level, a Samurai may use his Ancestral Weapon to parry magic targeted at him
    with Attacks of Opportunity provoked by the targeted effect. If he can make an attack roll against an AC equal
    to the spell or effect’s DC with this Attack of Opportunity, the effect is automatically dispelled.

Cut Magic (Su): At 12th level, a Samurai may attack ongoing spell effects by attacking the square they are
    in for Area of Effect effects or the object or person for targeted effects (which does damage as normal to the
    object or person). This attack is handled like the Samurai’s Parry Magic ability, but it only dispels a 10’ by 10’
    section of an Area of Effect spell or spell-like ability.

Reflect Magic(Su) : At 16th level, an spell effect that would be dispelled by a successful use of the Samurai’s
    Parry Magic ability can instead be reflected back on the caster, as per a spell turning effect.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Hammer has a similar, yet more awesome in many ways, effect.

Also, GOOD GOD is it hard to find a really good picture of something using a flail or mace-like weapon. I've found a few, but one is really similar to Axe and Sword, and the other is actually of Yeenogu, Demon Prince of Gnolls (not like I mind, but folk might and it's kind of a cop-out).

EDIT: nvm, I found one I liked.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2010-03-30 at 06:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Blade Lords (Hammers up!)

And, with this post (double, sorry) I am over the half-way point for this project!

However, let's call this the half, since I have a surprise coming up, along with an adaptation section that I'm going to be doing something interesting with.

25. - Top - End - #85

Awesome.

Don't blame me for being anxious. It's you who made the homebrew so...epic.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-03-30 at 06:51 PM.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei221 View Post
    Awesome.

Don't blame me for being anxious. It's you who made the homebrew so...epic.
    I am pleased with both the response and the product I'm getting out there. I wasn't sure this would do so well, but I'm having a good time hammering (awsnap) them out.

Expect Projectiles sometime later today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2010-03-30 at 07:00 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

I am pleased with both the response and the product I'm getting out there. I wasn't sure this would do so well, but I'm having a good time hammering (awsnap) them out.

Expect Projectiles sometime later today or tomorrow.
    You're pumping them out like...err...hm. I dunno. FAST!

Nice, though.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-03-30 at 07:10 PM.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei221 View Post
    You're pumping them out like...err...hm. I dunno. FAST!

Nice, though.
    1. Edit my quote to remove that extra text you added in there (it's in white).

2. One a day baby, one a day. It's like apples and doctors, except it's not.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Dude.
    The picture of the Blade Lord of Axes gave me a hard sword.
    Seriously. HOLY FRIGGIN' EPIC WIN.
    Also, I might throw these at my players. Not using any insta-kill abilities. I'll probably need all of them to give my players a good challenge.

... I run really high-power games.

Awesome work, though. I'll probably use these (in a later, less powerful game) as they're intended to be used. And it will be awesome
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

30. - Top - End - #90

WOW. Hammer is insane. Disjunction?

Low AC and HP and miss chance leave it with a pretty good chance to just get straight up jumped and one rounded I think.