New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default OTHAA ARRUNG ATHRAA NAGAGAG [3.5 Epic Monster]

The Fury Entity

Inspired by Malfeas of Exalted fame, the Red Lantern Corps,
    H.P. Lovecraft and all those scary bastards in the ocean.

Art belongs to the original artist, of whom I know not the identity.

Huge Outsider (Chaos, Extraplanar)
    HD: 36d8+615 (777 hp)
    Initiative: +15
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 60 ft. (perfect), swim 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 41 (+7 Dex, -2 size, +28 Natural, -2 rage), touch 15, flat-footed 34
    Base Attack/Grapple: +36/+65
    Attack: Leg +59 melee (3d6+31+36 red sun nimbus flare) or claw +59 melee (2d6+21+36 red sun nimbus flare)
    Full Attack: 8 legs +59 melee (3d6+31+36 red sun nimbus flare) and 2 claws +57 melee (2d6+21+36 red sun nimbus flare)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.(30 ft. with legs)
    Special Attacks: Aura of madness, breath weapon, burning body, cold fire desolation brand, improved grab, red sun nimbus flare, powerful limbs, spell-like abilities, wrath-stoked bonfire soul
    Special Qualities: Alien mind, by agony empowered, by pain reforged, darkvision 60 ft., DR 20/epic and lawful, endless fury, epic madspawn, immunity to cold, fire, disease, exhaustion, fatigue, fear, petrification, poison, mind-affecting abilities and transmutation, regeneration 15, resistance to acid, electricity and sonic 20, spell resistance 44, telepathy 1,000 ft., true seeing
    Saves: Fort +37, Ref +27, Will +17
    Abilities: Str 53, Dex 28, Con 45, Int 24, Wis 1, Cha 36
    Skills: Appraise +7(+9 flesh), Autohypnosis +34, Balance +11, Bluff +48, Concentration +56, Craft (flesh) +46, Decipher Script +22, Diplomacy +37, Disguise +25, Hide +31, Intimidate +54, Jump +23, Knowledge (arcana) +32, Knowledge (the planes) +46, Listen +42, Move Silently +39, Psicraft +27, Search +37, Sense Motive +34, Spellcraft +29(+31 to decipher scrolls), Spot +42, Survival -5 (-3 on other planes, -3 while following tracks, -1 following tracks on other planes), Swim +59, Tumble +48, Use Magic Device +21(+23 using scrolls)
    Feats: Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Great Cleave, Improved Bull-Rush, Improved Initiative, Multiattack, Power Attackb, Shock Trooper, Toughnessb
    Epic Feats: Epic Prowess(x3), Improved Combat Reflexes, Superior Initiative, Terrifying Rage
    Environment: The Far Realm
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 33
    Treasure: Half standard; no coins, no art, all horrifying and nonflammable
    Alignment: Chaotic neutral
    Advancement: 37+ HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment: --

It is at first that you believe you are looking upon a second sun, one composed of searing, red fire. It is soon after that you realize the crimson light before you has the vague shape of both a crab and a human man. The details become apparent when you see several crab-legs sticking from it's black and red flesh, and the razor claws at the ends of it's hands and legs. It's entire body swells with red fire that crackles furiously. It roars louder than one might suspect it should be able to, then belches forth burning hot blood.

The Fury Entity is a terrible and thankfully scarcely known Far-Realm entity of massive power. It has birthed countless myths from the handful of times it has visited the Material plane and unleashed it's burning havoc upon the innocent and weak. These myths are rarely spoken of or even known, for anyone who has truly seen it is not likely to have survived the encounter.
    Whatever the Entity has done, the most relevant things it has done are what it is capable in it's rare few moments of lucidity. Many people that are creatures of living rage are subject to being the 'chosen' of this malicious creature. These sorry juggernauts have had their minds shattered so that they might only feel the same endless, directionless hatred and rage the Entity does itself. Being a creature of the Far Realm, the motives it has behind these chosen are one of the greatest mysteries of all existance.

The Fury Entity does not speak coherently, as it's only a garbled fit of hatred and anger. Though the fury that's made it's physical body incapable of speech allows it's hatred to be exposed more coherently through it's screaming, hateful telepathy.

The Fury Entity weighs several dozen tons, far more than it seems it should, due to it's incredibly dense muscles. Despite it's weight, it can keep itself aloft supernaturally without effort.

Like all outsiders, the Fury Entity need only breathe, but can breath air, salt water, fresh water, Far Realm viscera, lava, infrared light and screaming.

COMBAT
    The Fury Entity is a creature subject to the one emotion it is capable of feeling. That means it's subject toward lashing out physically, unleashing it's furious power upon anything and everything in it's path. It prefers to use it's many melee attacks, where it is capable of using most of it's natural powers and unleashing terrible irresistible damage, terrible viruses or even instant death. If incapable of reaching it's foes in time, it can use some of it's spell-like abilities to burn anything from afar. Along with physical combat, it also likes to unleash madness with it's Aura of Madness ability.

The Fury Entity's natural weapons and any weapons it wields count as chaotic and epic for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Alien Mind (Ex): The mind of the Entity is a raging inferno of rage and madness, swallowing anyone attempting to access these veritable gates of Hell. Any creature who attempts to read the thoughts of the Entity or otherwise study it's mind must make a Will save with a DC of 39 or suffer the effects of the insanity spell. This is a Charisma-based save.

Aura of Madness (Su): As a free action, the Entity can trigger a 40-foot-radius burst of mental chaos centered on itself. Any creature in the area must succeed on a Will save with a DC of 39. If they fail, they are affected as by the insanity spell. Any creature that successfully saves against this ability cannot be affected by it again for 24 hours. This ability is a mind-affecting compulsion effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Breath Weapon (Su): The Entity is capable of ejecting it's own hatred from it's mouth, in the form of it's own caustic, plasmic blood. This breath weapon takes the form of a 60 ft. burning red cone, and deals 20d6 points of untyped damage. Anyone caught inside the cone can make a Reflex save with a DC of 37 for half damage. Once used, this breath weapon cannot be used for another 1d4 rounds. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Burning Body (Ex): The heart and body of the Fury Entity are made of unnaturally hot plasma. Anything flammable the fury entity touches instantly ignites, and anyone grappling the Entity takes an additional 10d6 points of damage. Half this damage is fire damage; the other half results from the sheer hatred and is unaffected by energy resistance or immunity.

By Agony Empowered (Ex): The flesh of the Entity can not be brought down by any mere mortal means, rage fuels and empowers the Entity to a point of the supernatural. It cannot be killed by hit point damage. It remains alive at -10 hp and below and it may continue fighting even below 0 hp, as the Diehard feat. Instead, at -10 hp, it takes a -2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity(regardless of it's immunity, granted through By Pain Reforged, see below). For every 10 hp below that it falls, the penalty increases by an additional -2. The penalty lasts until it is healed above -10 hp. It it's Strength or Dexterity fall to 0, it becomes unable to move and falls comatose. While in this comatose state, if it is dealt damage, it must make a Fortitude save with a DC equal to the amount of damage it was dealt, or die.

By Pain Reforged (Ex): The body of the Fury Entity is made almost entirely of it's own hate in physical flesh. It is immune to any penalty or effect based on pain. It has also transcended weaknesses of the flesh, gaining immunity to ability damage, penalty or burn(with the exception of By Agony Empowered, see above) to it's Strength, Dexterity and Constitution scores. Additionally, it may continue fighting even below 0 hp, as the Diehard feat.

Cold Fire Desolation Brand (Su): The true anger the Entity feels is not always so fast and vicious, sometimes it may linger and fester within it's victims. It may forgo 10 points of extra damage from it's Red Sun Nimbus Flare(see below). If it does, that enemy must make a DC 49 Fortitude save or contract demon fever. The disease takes hold immediately, with no incubation time. If it forgoes an additional 5 points of damage, the disease can affect even creatures normally immune to disease, although creatures without a Constitution score can never be affected. The save DC is Strength-based.

Endless Fury (Ex): The Entity feels rage so incredible that it is rage incarnate, the real physical embodiment of the emotion. The Fury Entity is in a constant state of rage, as a 20th level barbarian. The bonuses and penalties accrued through the rage ability are already figured into it's statistics. Unlike a normal rage, the Fury Entity is capable of concentrating just enough to use skills, spells, spell-like abilities and the like if it so desires. It is not capable of exiting it's rage.

Epic Madspawn (Ex): The Entity has a mind that is completely alien, completely insane by mortal standards. It is immune to confusion or insanity-like effects, and are not affected by Wisdom damage, drain, or burn, or by penalties to Wisdom. Additionally, it is immune to being detected by any non-epic divination spells save ones that meant to detect him within normal visual range, such as true seeing or see invisibility.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the Fury Entity must hit with at least two leg or claw attacks. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it can immediately begin to burn the enemy.

Powerful Limbs (Ex): At a molecular level, the muscles of the Fury Entity are many times denser than that of a normal living creature. This makes them more powerful in comparison. The leg attacks of the Entity add one and a half it's Strength modifier to damage instead of only one time(already figured into it's statistics). It also counts it's leg attacks as two-handed weapons for the purposes of the Power Attack feat.

Red Sun Nimbus Flare (Su): The heart of the Entity is an aberrant sun of burning red plasma, and it surges from it's body when it attacks. Every melee attack it makes deals an additional 36 damage. Half this damage is fire damage; the other half results from the sheer hatred and is unaffected by energy resistance or immunity.

Regeneration: The Fury Entity's regeneration can only be overcome by weapons lawful and epic, as well as weapons forged by gods or demigods out of true love for another god or demigod.

True Seeing (Su): As the spell, and constantly active. Caster level 20th.

Wrath-Stoked Bonfire Soul (Su): Feeding upon the cosmic fires raging within it's red-sun heart, the Entity can utterly unmake living foes. Once per round, when it damages an enemy with a melee attack, it may choose to forgo all damage from red sun nimbus flare. If it does, that enemy must make a DC 49 Fortitude save or die. If it dies in this way, its corpse is twisted inside-out and then explodes, destroying the corpse. The save DC is Strength-based.

Spell-like Abilities: at will - confusion, detect thoughts, fireball, greater plane shift, greater teleport, telekinesis, rage, suggestion; 3/day - implosion, imprisonment, meteor swarm. CL 25th, all save-DC's are Charisma-based.

Skills: The Fury Entity has a +8 racial bonus on any swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
    The Fury Entity has a +8 racial bonus to Spot and Listen checks, and it may make Intimidate checks to demoralize enemies as a free action once per round.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2010-05-02 at 12:34 AM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- [3.5 Epic Monster]

why has no one replied to this, this monster is god damn mental! i LOVE IT!

*Drogon Malice Steps up to the plate*

Roll Iniative my friend

(Drogon Malice is a warblade / Wizard Gestalt Class with the dreadnecromancer Spell list but is also Able to cast core spells aswell as healing and inflicting spells) just so you know i'm not pulling any punches i will only use 3.5 stuff and nothing home brewed

i rolled a: 5+2=7 i would assume you go first, LOL!

(just for the record i will be using other materials. Things like the BoVD, LM, MIC, SC, etc i will tell you what pages and stuff things are on)

The Character Drogon Malice is being used in a game titled "the planes walker apprentice" where he is becomming the apprentice for something known as the planes walker and was granted levels in fate spinner and the ability to planes walk (plane shift) 5/per day. i hope it is ok to still use these classes and abilitys?
    Last edited by Itous; 2010-03-30 at 04:30 AM.
    a most exellent thank you to RPGsr4me for the brilliant avatars

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

The thread title would indeed be most characters reaction to that thing. That is just awesome.
    Last edited by Deca; 2010-03-30 at 04:18 AM.
    It's like an old steam train, but powered on insanity and pain.

Uncle Fong avatar by Elagune

My Homebrewed Creatures:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I could take it.....if I was playing the Big O class I just posted. Otherwise I'd get clobberated. Not to mention that it has like 8 abilities to make you go crazy. And god help us if it had Frenzied Berserker levels.

Red Sun Nimbus Flare (Su): The heart of the Entity is an aberrant sun of burning red plasma, and it surges from it's body when it attacks. Every melee attack it makes deals an additional 36 damage. Half this damage is fire damage; the other half results from the sheer hatred and is unaffected by energy resistance or immunity.
    It deals hatred damage? Hatred damage?! What the hell, man?
    Last edited by Real Sorceror; 2010-03-30 at 04:25 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

hell yes! i am seriously going to fight this thing on the forums, want to team up? i'm sure some help would be appriciated :p :)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Itous View Post
    hell yes! i am seriously going to fight this thing on the forums, want to team up? i'm sure some help would be appriciated :p :)
    Heck ya I can throw down with a CR 33. Whats allowed as far as class and level?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

my character is only level 19, i would say lets call it level 19 then, i have a good plan which MIGHT help it seems to be the only thing for it infact

also my dude is a gestalt i'm sure the guy won't mind what ever we throw at it, it does seem pretty unstopable
    Last edited by Itous; 2010-03-30 at 05:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Huh, I half-expected this to be an abomination to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

If you cast Calm Emotions on it, does the spell run away?
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

maybe, or would it just implode inwards on itself? the creature that is

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    If you cast Calm Emotions on it, does the spell run away?
    It's immune to mind-affecting effects, so Calm Emotions has no effect.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Itous View Post
    my character is only level 19, i would say lets call it level 19 then, i have a good plan which MIGHT help it seems to be the only thing for it infact

also my dude is a gestalt i'm sure the guy won't mind what ever we throw at it, it does seem pretty unstopable
    Jimmeni Cricket. Regular level 19 wouldn't stand a chance, but with Gesalt I think it can be done. When is this taking place? I'll try to keep myself from playing an Ultimate Magus/Vow of Poverty Monk, but the temptation is powerful. I'm also sorely tempted to trade in 15 class levels for 3 divine rank, but thats almost as cheating. Of course then theres also Binder/Warlock. Or just Iajutsu Master all by itself.

Can you tell I powergame?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just noticed it has Craft (Flesh).

.....I think I just took a moral penalty.

14. - Top - End - #14

What about a nightmare spinner (enchantment adaptation) casting calm emotions ?
    Kidding aside, great monster, love it. It would make for one scary son of a bitch, even in epic.
    Last edited by Ranos; 2010-03-30 at 05:48 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Thats a powerful monster, The death attack should have a lower DC, not many people can make 49.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh my god... You- You're really gonna stat out all five Reclamation Yozi into d20 aren't you?

You are the best kind of insane there is, Krimm.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

It looks...angry.

Ever play Planescape Torment? This guy reminds of what Ignus would probably want to be when he grows up

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't read much of this, but I had to pause to say that when you defined it as being able to INHALE screams to sustain its breathing... that was a good one... is that part of the source material, were you inspired by "Monsters Inc.", or did the idea just come to you?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

19. - Top - End - #19

Planetar

This...is....awesome!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fury Entity - [3.5 Epic Monster]

Awwww, you changed the name.

I liked the thread name before.

Oh, and this is awesome, amazing, totally bitchin', <insert typical platitudes towards Krimm here>, etc.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

21. - Top - End - #21

Not entirely sure what the point of the "By Agony Empowered" feature is. As long as you have a lawful and epic weapon, you can just keep poking this guy until he dies. If you deal more than 45 damage per round, you don't need that sort of weapon either. The ability says that the fury entity can't be killed by mortal means or hit point damage but the mechanics of it are a bit underwhelming. Another 140 damage, and he has to start making Fortitude saves. If at least 57 damage is dealt, he can only pass it on a 20, and if just 1 damage is dealt, he's likely to fail it in 20 rounds or less.

Any level 33 charger build or blaster caster build could kill this monster in one hit. I suppose it really just depends on how optimized you allow your epic characters to be. In spite of that, I would either improve By Agony Empowered, give the monster more HP, or lower its CR.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Real Sorceror View Post
    I just noticed it has Craft (Flesh).

.....I think I just took a moral penalty.
    Yes, yeees. Your fear sustains me.
    Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by xelliea View Post
    Thats a powerful monster, The death attack should have a lower DC, not many people can make 49.
    Sure they could, that's why it's a CR 33.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Oh my god... You- You're really gonna stat out all five Reclamation Yozi into d20 aren't you?

You are the best kind of insane there is, Krimm.
    Yes, and I might just need to sig that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    It looks...angry.

Ever play Planescape Torment? This guy reminds of what Ignus would probably want to be when he grows up
    I have not, though I should probably check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    I haven't read much of this, but I had to pause to say that when you defined it as being able to INHALE screams to sustain its breathing... that was a good one... is that part of the source material, were you inspired by "Monsters Inc.", or did the idea just come to you?
    It was actually inspired by a quote I heard somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where. "Does Daelkyr food taste like screaming?"

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Awwww, you changed the name.

I liked the thread name before.

Oh, and this is awesome, amazing, totally bitchin', <insert typical platitudes towards Krimm here>, etc.
    What? No I didn't, must have busted a minor rule and a Mod altered it.
    Sorry, mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
    Not entirely sure what the point of the "By Agony Empowered" feature is. As long as you have a lawful and epic weapon, you can just keep poking this guy until he dies. If you deal more than 45 damage per round, you don't need that sort of weapon either. The ability says that the fury entity can't be killed by mortal means or hit point damage but the mechanics of it are a bit underwhelming. Another 140 damage, and he has to start making Fortitude saves. If at least 57 damage is dealt, he can only pass it on a 20, and if just 1 damage is dealt, he's likely to fail it in 20 rounds or less.

Any level 33 charger build or blaster caster build could kill this monster in one hit. I suppose it really just depends on how optimized you allow your epic characters to be. In spite of that, I would either improve By Agony Empowered, give the monster more HP, or lower its CR.
    Well you still have to deal 787 damage, then it'll start taking Strength penalties for every 10 more damage you do. Meaning you'll have to deal a total of 927 damage with an epic lawful weapon before it has to start making Fort saves.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2010-03-30 at 05:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Just saying, totally my idea to base this guy on Malfeas.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Just saying, totally my idea to base this guy on Malfeas.
    You are a liar and a scoundrel, sir.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
    Ah, but we do so love his homebrew.

Nice job.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, question: which one of us is the fetich soul of which?
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Hey, question: which one of us is the fetich soul of which?
    I... I don't even remember anymore.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

I... I don't even remember anymore.
    I believe the proper response is: "...yes."

Also, sadpanda it was changed. I liked it so much more the other way.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: OTHAA ARRUNG ATHRAA NAGAGAG [3.5 Epic Monster]

There, I've changed the title to something suitably more alien.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OTHAA ARRUNG ATHRAA NAGAGAG [3.5 Epic Monster]

There, I've changed the title to something suitably more alien.
    Significantly more Fury-inducing. I am a happy camper.