New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default More than 1 swift action per round?

Is it possible? Is there a feat, a spell, a magic item, an obscure rule, an action point usage or so that lets you gain two and more swift actions per round?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: More than 1 swift action per round?

Ruby Knight Vindicator
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Lower levels arcane spells are usually a drag, but lower level psionic powers are often just higher ones waiting to be augmented.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaEmil View Post
    Is it possible? Is there a feat, a spell, a magic item, an obscure rule, an action point usage or so that lets you gain two and more swift actions per round?
    Ruby Knight Vindicator's level 7 ability. Also, arguably stuff that doubles actions like Chronotyryn's Double Action.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Belt of Battle. MIC.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Epic feat called Multispell, but RAW it only works for quickened spells. You can take it more than once.
    Epic levels: Where things finally start to get interesting.
    I have been accused of being a walking, talking Spell Compendium.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Irreverent Fool View Post
    Yes, but in D&D, no matter how effective your shield might be, you're still better off charging into combat with a two-handed, pouncing, leaping, power attack from horseback using shock trooper to drop your AC into the basement while retaining your full chance to hit.

Or you know, just asking the wizard to deal with it.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Doesn't belt of battle trade a swift for another action? He want's more swifts.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arakune View Post
    Doesn't belt of battle trade a swift for another action? He want's more swifts.
    Right. Belt of Battle doesn't offer you more swift actions, just lets you take a single full-round action (which does not include another swift action).

Sandals of Temporal Acceleration (I think it's sandals, anywho) should though, since it actually gives extra rounds of actions. Since it's Time Stop-based though, I believe it has all the normal restrictions for interacting with other people.

While not more swift actions per se, Arcane Fusion and Greater Arcane Fusion for sorcerers has an 'extra swift actions'-like effect for the purposes of casting spells. Twin and Repeat metamagics, as well. For melee, ToB has Times Stands Still (9th, Diamond Mind) and Island in Time (10th level Eternal Blade PrC) which I believe both give extra rounds and therefore extra swift actions. Without knowing exactly what you're doing, I don't know how applicable these are though.
    Proudly without a signature for 5 years. Wait... crap.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak View Post
    Sandals of Temporal Acceleration (I think it's sandals, anywho) should though, since it actually gives extra rounds of actions. Since it's Time Stop-based though, I believe it has all the normal restrictions for interacting with other people.
    Boots and based off Temporal Acceleration-power. If going to metamagic and such, Linked Power [CPsi] too, but I don't think that's what the OP is asking.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Several high-level Tome of Battle tricks let you do specific things with an extra swift action, like change your stance (swift action) whenever you initiate a Counter (immediate action); or just initiate a Counter (immediate action) without using up your next swift action 1/round; or just give yourself two Boosts (swift action buffs) with one swift action.

IIRC, Island in Time (Eternal Blade capstone ability) also gives you a whole new round's worth of actions when you use it, including an additional Swift Action.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

[QUOTE=lsfreak;8185390]Right. Belt of Battle doesn't offer you more swift actions, just lets you take a single full-round action (which does not include another swift action).
    QUOTE]

Belt of Battle allows you to burn any combination of 3 "charges" per day as a free action. 1 for move, 2 for standard, 3 for full-round. Still doesn't get you a swift though.

Of all actions, Swifts are the hardest to get more of. A way of getting Time Stop or Temporal Acceleration (which is better anyway, IMO) is your best bet for extra swifts.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by strider24seven View Post
    Belt of Battle allows you to burn any combination of 3 "charges" per day as a free action. 1 for move, 2 for standard, 3 for full-round. Still doesn't get you a swift though.
    Except if you read the item, it'll say "Activation: - and Swift (Mental)", where "-" = +2 Initiative. So for that, you don't need actions, but for extra actions, you do.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-03-30 at 04:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strider24seven View Post
    Belt of Battle is definitely a swift action to activate, I just checked the MiC.

Extra swift actions are really tricky to get, it's generally easier to do more with fewer actions via Linked Power, contingencies, minions, and other tricks to stab the action economy.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by jokey665 View Post
    Ruby Knight Windicator
    Fixed.

Apart from that, there isn't much. As has been said, the way to do it is generally to make it happen without an action.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    Your Tainted Scholar builds look fun, but I'm lactose intolerant
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    You're just trying to get more people into your sig, aren't you
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Seeing TO by Magic9Mushroom is like seeing a movie with Joss Wheaton as director... you know that it's worth watching, even if you do want to strangle the bastard by the time you're done with it.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

For melee, ToB has Times Stands Still (9th, Diamond Mind) and Island in Time (10th level Eternal Blade PrC) which I believe both give extra rounds and therefore extra swift actions. Without knowing exactly what you're doing, I don't know how applicable these are though.[/QUOTE]

no. Time Stands Still uses a full round action to give you two full attacks. as for Eternal Blade, I believe it gives you an extra full round action rather than letting you take another turn, but I'm not sure (AFB).
    *note: not all advice by this poster is meant to be taken seriously.

Warlock/Swordsage avatar by yldenfrei

optimization is like salt. a pinch here and there can't hurt, but too much will spoil everything.

I have salty tastes.

15. - Top - End - #15

Anything that gives a full-round action will not work. Anything that gives a full round of actions will.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by The Rabbler View Post
    Time Stands Still uses a full round action to give you two full attacks. as for Eternal Blade, I believe it gives you an extra full round action rather than letting you take another turn, but I'm not sure (AFB).
    It gives you a turn. That said, it costs you an immediate/swift action and as such, you end up at zero-sum there.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Maybe the OP ment more than one swift action per turn, instead of round?

Most of the answers seem to give ways of getting more turns in one round. :D

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Askold View Post
    Maybe the OP ment more than one swift action per turn, instead of round?

Most of the answers seem to give ways of getting more turns in one round. :D
    Well, the main way of getting more swift actions in a given period of 'real' time, is to give yourself more rounds. The only way to actually get more than one generic swift action (not limited to spells, etc), without extra rounds, is RKW.
    Last edited by lsfreak; 2010-03-31 at 02:31 PM.
    Proudly without a signature for 5 years. Wait... crap.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

Some part of me wonders if that if you really needed another swift action, you could use up a move action or something.

I mean, you can already "downgrade" a standard action into a move action... seems like you could do the same with a move action into a swift action.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by balistafreak View Post
    I mean, you can already "downgrade" a standard action into a move action... seems like you could do the same with a move action into a swift action.
    Nope. Swift actions are built around the idea of having 1. One quickened spell, one martial Boost, one whatever. Lots of silly things start happening when you mess with that (Notably, a significant part of RKV's winningness comes from its unusual ability to transmute Turn Undead into swift actions. Aside from the part that comes from combining Cleric and Tome of Battle, anyway.) Rules-wise, as much as it may 'make sense', there is no general rule about trading down actions. There's just the specific statement that you may, if you wish, use a Standard action to perform a Move action (which is the actual wording, IIRC- it doesn't actually say you take an extra Move action, you just use your Standard to do a Move. There is probably a situation where this is a relevant distinction.)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Factotum gets extra standard actions

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Synads from Complete Psionic can expend 1 power point once per day to gain a mental swift action.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.