New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Feats for a psicrystal?

I've signed up for a campaign here onsite, and my character has access to a psicrystal. In my IRL games, the DM's general consensus on psicrystals gaining feats is "um.... no." So, I have no earthly clue as to what fits a tiny floating rock.

My character is a gestalt nomad//warblade, level 11, with an emphasis on powers that enhance mobility in combat.

I haven't even chosen a personality type yet, though I was leaning towards the initiative boost, since my character's Dex isn't exactly the greatest.

Thoughts?
    Epic levels: Where things finally start to get interesting.
    I have been accused of being a walking, talking Spell Compendium.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Irreverent Fool View Post
    Yes, but in D&D, no matter how effective your shield might be, you're still better off charging into combat with a two-handed, pouncing, leaping, power attack from horseback using shock trooper to drop your AC into the basement while retaining your full chance to hit.

Or you know, just asking the wizard to deal with it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Feats for a psicrystal?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStar View Post
    I've signed up for a campaign here onsite, and my character has access to a psicrystal. In my IRL games, the DM's general consensus on psicrystals gaining feats is "um.... no." So, I have no earthly clue as to what fits a tiny floating rock.

My character is a gestalt nomad//warblade, level 11, with an emphasis on powers that enhance mobility in combat.

I haven't even chosen a personality type yet, though I was leaning towards the initiative boost, since my character's Dex isn't exactly the greatest.

Thoughts?
    You're a Warblade? Give it Martial Study a few times (fragment of your personality, etc.) to pick up White Raven Tactics. You could also give it Wild Talent/Hidden Talent so it can have its own Psionic Focus. Just as few examples.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

I took Psicrystal Containment so that it could hold my focus for when I'm using Extend Power and the like, but I never thought of Wild Talent so it could have its own... could I then expend its own focus to power a metapsionic feat just as with the "held" focus using Psicrystal Containment?

The WRT thing is deliciously hilarious, and I like it.
    Epic levels: Where things finally start to get interesting.
    I have been accused of being a walking, talking Spell Compendium.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Irreverent Fool View Post
    Yes, but in D&D, no matter how effective your shield might be, you're still better off charging into combat with a two-handed, pouncing, leaping, power attack from horseback using shock trooper to drop your AC into the basement while retaining your full chance to hit.

Or you know, just asking the wizard to deal with it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mindsight!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Optimator View Post
    Mindsight!
    And Lifesense.