New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default (3.5) Luck Favors...Somebody...

Trying to figure out something rather interesting in my head…this is purely theoretical and not at all optimized, but it’s a concept I like that is based on a character I created some time ago…

How does one create a rogueish, lucky, divine caster of the swashbuckling ilk?

EG: Think of a swashbuckler-style character who is, in fact, a devotee of the goddess of luck.

Beyond utilizing luck feats, I’m really drawing a blank here, so I come to you folks? What can I do to make this concept a reality?

PREFERRED RESTRICTIONS/REQUIREMENTS:

Divine Casting
    Access to Luck Domain
    Utilizes a rapier/saber/cutlass style weapon
    Tier 3-4 level of strength
    Gish-esque
    Heavy focus on luck feats

So! Any ideas are welcome and appreciated as I am repeatedly drawing a blank.
    "We speak for the dead. We are all they have when the wicked steal their voice. But we do not owe them our lives."

Roy Montgomery, NYPD Sgt., Castle

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: (3.5) Luck Favors...Somebody...

1. http://www.giantitp.com/articles/5M5...bLfAHduZG.html
    I think this class might fit.
    2. Fortune´s Friend and Magical Trickster both advance spellcasting (CompScoundrel)

You could get something like Rogue 1/Cleric 1/Rogue 2/Fortune´s Friend 4/Magical Trickster 2/Divine Trickster 10. Pick Luck feats and Skill tricks to taste and enjoy CL 14 and some skills and weird abilities. It is not too powerful, but could pull its weight.