New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

biggrin Question about magic items and Spellcasting

well, this is a dumb question but i will ask it anyways

im planning to make a Gnoll Arcane Hierophant (no HD and no adjustmen, just +s2 str, -2 chan, the gm will anul the -2 int for personal reasons). Im using the "point buy" system with 32 poitns. I end with 16 int and 17 wis. My question is, if i use a magic item that give me int (lets say, +2) and im able to cast lvl 8 arcane spells, can i still cast them even if without the item i just have 16 int?.

Thanks a lot for the Helpin advice.

P.D. trhis would be my stats str 12 dex 10 con 14 int 16 wis 17 cha 10. He will be a lvl 11 pc but it can still change if ya give me some advices.
    who would told that Wemus Fletcher, the son of a Frenzied Berseker and a Warpriest, became a Sorcerer and cant use aweapon even if his life depend on it?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: Question about magic items and Spellcasting

So long as you have the item, you will be able to cast up to 8th level wizard spells. If you lose it, take it off, or whatever, you would be back to 6th and below.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    So long as you have the item, you will be able to cast up to 8th level wizard spells. If you lose it, take it off, or whatever, you would be back to 6th and below.
    What they said.

No real tips. Sorry. Never played a gnoll.

He likely canceled the intelligence penality since your only getting +2 to strength rather then the +4, nor are you getting the con bonus. You at least getting the natural armor?

Elf ranger went a scoutin' and found a half-dragon ogre with a greataxe. I soon had a half-elf. ~ Pelfaid's first character death.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

well, imnot getting the AC bonus, but i will not have the level adjustmentxDD. Thanks a lot for the info
    who would told that Wemus Fletcher, the son of a Frenzied Berseker and a Warpriest, became a Sorcerer and cant use aweapon even if his life depend on it?